+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rubin Colwill rumours

Rubin Colwill rumours

I heard some wild (but different ) rumours yesterday from several unrelated people and there was a common theme between them all....

Re: Rubin Colwill rumours

I'd not be shocked

Name that theme.

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    I heard some wild (but different ) rumours yesterday from several unrelated people and there was a common theme between them all....
    That's how the grapevine works

You can say what someone else told you with no reprisals.

Was the common theme the fact that the person listening to the stories was a compulsive rumour spreader who has nothing better to do ?

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Was the common theme the fact that the person listening to the stories was a compulsive rumour spreader who has nothing better to do ?
    No, but you're a compulsive bellend

I did just laugh out loud

It was alleged that Morison is a horrendous bully and has mercilessly belittled young players in full view of the other players. Another was that Colwill brought this exact behaviour on himself 😳. They all had the same core.

Ah the classic “my mate said something but I’ll keep it cryptic for attention” post

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    I did just laugh out loud
    Me also.

It was alleged that Morison is a horrendous bully and has mercilessly belittled young players in full view of the other players. Another was that Colwill brought this exact behaviour on himself 😳. They all had the same core.
    How did Colwill bring Morison's (alleged) bullying on himself?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    How did Colwill bring Morison's (alleged) bullying on himself?
    Exactly. Is it "horrendous bullying" if it's deserved discipline?

I was never a fan of morison, far from it actually. I wouldn't be surprised if something happened that wasn't to do with results that led to his dismissal, but, we don't know what happened or what was said. He came across as a bit of an arse, but the man has lost his job and he doesn't really have the right to reply. This is turning into a theme about Colwill and his lack of form etc, let's see if he blossoms under Hudson or whoever else gets the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    This is turning into a theme about Colwill and his lack of form etc, let's see if he blossoms under Hudson or whoever else gets the job.
    I would help if Hudson put him in the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Injured, is it? 🤪

I mean long term, if he gets the job.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    Injured, is it? 浪
    Last seen running about in a Welsh jersey?

Hudson said he picked up a knock in training on Thursday.

Colwill missed a good part of pre-season with a minor injury.

He made an impression in the second Wales match as a second half sub, but he is still being eased in.

Hudson (and I think Morison less clearly) referred to his growth spurt this year, and how he is adjusting physically and mentally.

McCarthy, Morison and Hudson have all spoken about Colwill's abilities and potential - but he does have weaknesses to work on.

James Rowberry on EJFOF referred to his struggles with heading (and the extra sessions they used to do after training to improve it).

Morison repeated that observation in a jokey way to highlight how good Colwill is in other aspects of his game. He got slaughtered for that on here and a few posters have seriously put it forward as evidence that he didn't like the player. Some of his other comments were ill judged and maybe revealed doubts about Colwill as a guaranteed starter - but not that one.

Why can't we just take Mark Hudson's words at face value? That Colwill is currently the best of the Academy crop and he could be anything he wants to be as a player - the sky's the limit. That he is getting through a growth spurt and a few niggling injuries but is valued and being nurtured by the coaches. That he has some weaknesses in his game (and the last manager wasn't sure how to use him) but that he is working on those weaknesses, is committed to the club, and the manager expects him to be a key player for us.

Enough of the negative thoughts!

Forget about threads, we could have a whole new message board devoted just to Rubin Colwill rumours. It's becoming a fetish for many on here..

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Hudson said he picked up a knock in training on Thursday.

Colwill missed a good part of pre-season with a minor injury.

He made an impression in the second Wales match as a second half sub, but he is still being eased in.

Hudson (and I think Morison less clearly) referred to his growth spurt this year, and how he is adjusting physically and mentally.

McCarthy, Morison and Hudson have all spoken about Colwill's abilities and potential - but he does have weaknesses to work on.

James Rowberry on EJFOF referred to his struggles with heading (and the extra sessions they used to do after training to improve it).

Morison repeated that observation in a jokey way to highlight how good Colwill is in other aspects of his game. He got slaughtered for that on here and a few posters have seriously put it forward as evidence that he didn't like the player. Some of his other comments were ill judged and maybe revealed doubts about Colwill as a guaranteed starter - but not that one.

Why can't we just take Mark Hudson's words at face value? That Colwill is currently the best of the Academy crop and he could be anything he wants to be as a player - the sky's the limit. That he is getting through a growth spurt and a few niggling injuries but is valued and being nurtured by the coaches. That he has some weaknesses in his game (and the last manager wasn't sure how to use him) but that he is working on those weaknesses, is committed to the club, and the manager expects him to be a key player for us.

Enough of the negative thoughts!

Whats the point of putting an injured player in the squad ? Waste of a place.

Nice. Caught out peddling lies, so you resort to foul mouthed insults.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Forget about threads, we could have a whole new message board devoted just to Rubin Colwill rumours. It's becoming a fetish for many on here..
    I heard that he shot JFK, faked the moon landing and helped Bill Gates put all those microchips in the covid vaccines...

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Whats the point of putting an injured player in the squad ? Waste of a place.
    He was fit and healthy the last time I saw him.