+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rubin Colwill rumours

Re: Rubin Colwill rumours

I have never heard a manager talk about a players growth spurt before mind.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Seems to be a Cardiff thing both Hudson on Denham and Morison on Colwill

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Nice. Caught out peddling lies, so you resort to foul mouthed insults.
    No, you're just a knob

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Especially a 20 year old.

I've known teenagers have trouble with growth spurts. A friend of ours' son had to take a year off playing when he was 15. Good player too.

COLWILL:

Hudson believes Cardiff have a real talent on their hands, but says the club have to monitor a niggle he sustained during the international break with Wales over the last week.

"I’m not going to talk about previous (managers). If I talk about Rubin, we know what a talent he is," Hudson said of Colwill.

"He wasn’t involved in the first fixture with Wales, he came on in the second fixture. We know what a talent he is. Between us and Wales there is a link and communication. He has grown so much over the last six months, physically and mentally, there is a lot of pressure on him.

"He has a little niggle at the minute and we will monitor that over the next couple of days. It’s something we will communicate between the club and international setup, between myself and Mr Page. Trying to get the best out of him with a global approach. He has shot up. He has grown up to be a man.

"He excites us and he excites the fans.

"He has got a knock at the moment, we have to look at it over the next few days. He is important to the fans and the international setup.

"He is a good human being and he wants to achieve as much as he can for this club. That’s what he wants and that’s what we want as well."

DENHAM

Oliver Denham has been suffering from a similar issue to Rubin Colwill and his growth issues have taken their toll, according to Hudson.

Denham was withdrawn from Wales U21s' squad during the international break and Hudson has revealed why that was the case.

"He is another body that's growing, because of his age. He has had another growth spurt, we have had to monitor and periodise his training," Hudson said of Denham.

"He is not far off being involved in the international setup but it was just too soon.

"We are just making sure his periodisation is right for him to be in and around training every day. Because of the growth, we have to dip him in and out, that's something we have all agreed on it as a staff and medical department.

"Ollie has been brilliant. A great character and a great personality."

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...lwill-25133117

Wtf is periodise?
    Never heard that one before...

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Especially a 20 year old.

I've known teenagers have trouble with growth spurts. A friend of ours' son had to take a year off playing when he was 15. Good player too.
    I remember there was a period when Ethan Ampadu kept picking up back injuries as he was still growing. Colwill seems to be bigger every time I see him so it wouldn't surprise me if he's suffering from similar problems

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I remember there was a period when Ethan Ampadu kept picking up back injuries as he was still growing. Colwill seems to be bigger every time I see him so it wouldn't surprise me if he's suffering from similar problems
    Ampadu's back problems weren't caused because of a growth spurt, it was caused through the amount of times he had to bend down at the front door to pick up the thousands of love letters from Walesbales.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    yeah colwill has definitely grown, he seems about 6'4 or 6'5 these days

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Ampadu's back problems weren't caused because of a growth spurt, it was caused through the amount of times he had to bend down at the front door to pick up the thousands of love letters from Walesbales.
    Mate, I dropped him for Brennan ages ago!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Mate, I dropped him for Brennan ages ago!

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

COLWILL:

Hudson believes Cardiff have a real talent on their hands, but says the club have to monitor a niggle he sustained during the international break with Wales over the last week.

"I’m not going to talk about previous (managers). If I talk about Rubin, we know what a talent he is," Hudson said of Colwill.

"He wasn’t involved in the first fixture with Wales, he came on in the second fixture. We know what a talent he is. Between us and Wales there is a link and communication. He has grown so much over the last six months, physically and mentally, there is a lot of pressure on him.

"He has a little niggle at the minute and we will monitor that over the next couple of days. It’s something we will communicate between the club and international setup, between myself and Mr Page. Trying to get the best out of him with a global approach. He has shot up. He has grown up to be a man.

"He excites us and he excites the fans.

"He has got a knock at the moment, we have to look at it over the next few days. He is important to the fans and the international setup.

"He is a good human being and he wants to achieve as much as he can for this club. That’s what he wants and that’s what we want as well."

DENHAM

Oliver Denham has been suffering from a similar issue to Rubin Colwill and his growth issues have taken their toll, according to Hudson.

Denham was withdrawn from Wales U21s' squad during the international break and Hudson has revealed why that was the case.

"He is another body that's growing, because of his age. He has had another growth spurt, we have had to monitor and periodise his training," Hudson said of Denham.

"He is not far off being involved in the international setup but it was just too soon.

"We are just making sure his periodisation is right for him to be in and around training every day. Because of the growth, we have to dip him in and out, that's something we have all agreed on it as a staff and medical department.

"Ollie has been brilliant. A great character and a great personality."

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...lwill-25133117
    “Mr.Page” ?!? Pmsl

Is Hudd’s his legal representative or smin?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    yeah colwill has definitely grown, he seems about 6'4 or 6'5 these days
    There’s a rumour going around that he’s even taller than that.

Where are all these rumours. Can someone post them in here, in their entirety?

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    Wtf is periodise?
    Never heard that one before...
    A dictionary is your friend, old fruit

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    Where are all these rumours. Can someone post them in here, in their entirety?
    1) make up something you'd like to be true
    2) post on here that you've heard a rumour about it
    3) don't reveal your sources
    4) ?????
    5) Profit!

I had heard he was hideous to the younger players. I remember chatting to Paul Fairclough about him years ago, I think he scored the equaliser for Millwall against us when we went up in 2011. He said he was a strange fella, but one of my other pals who played with Morrison said he was sound and it was Fairclough that was an oddball.

Swings and roundabouts

Just had a message from a mate ITK who reckons he had another growth spurt last night. I think he was talking about Colwill.

International

Quote Originally Posted by tomcat View Post
    No, but you're a compulsive bellend