+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What’s your favourite game you’ve ever watched

Re: What’s your favourite game you’ve ever watched

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I've not read through the whole thread so excuse me if it's already been mentioned, but all of the big games are listed, and rightly so, where we had good sides and fantastic away support. In some of those games i found it quite overwhelming and difficult to take in, so much of the emotion was relief, great occasions but in some ways, the whole occasion passed me by. That's why i'll say some of the rare away wins we got when we were shit. A couple of hundred fans, hardly ever the better side in terms of performance and ability, dropped off in some hostile town where the locals turned out to give us hugs and kisses! Whenever we got a result, and got away safely, it felt like we had got away with something, almost like a theft, the perfect pick pocket moment-it was never on the cards. For me, that was satisfying.
    Beating Brentford away in the FA Cup 93 was one of my favourites.
    Away end was rammed...we seemed like a big club in waiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Beating Brentford away in the FA Cup 93 was one of my favourites.
    Away end was rammed...we seemed like a big club in waiting.
    Losing to them at home 0-2 in an 1971 FA Cup tie was one of my worst memories. We were in the old DIv 2, they were in Division 4. Impossible conditions, puddles all over the pitch, a backpass that got stuck in the mud, goal. To make it worse, the following day Malcolm Allison announced on the Big Match that Brentford's win was the best result of the day.

Well, since this thread is about games that I actually watched, I'm going to have to go with Cardiff City 1, Real Madrid 0 in 1971. I was 14 years old and attended with my dad and my uncles. But the game that gave me heart palpitations was that Barnsley game that sent City to the 2008 cup final. I was in Colorado and tracking text commentary. The cup final! Absolutely amazing. All those years sat in front of the television on cup final morning when I was a kid watching all the pre-game hype, and now City were there. I flew over and watched it on the big TV in, I think, Cardiff Bay. Much too big to miss.

International

Leeds Home cup when the ground moved stands out, Stoke away Play off Semi, all the busses in a line and Kav pictures on the windows and Bristol City in a play off away, not many of us allowed but we out sung them, and Scunthorpe away 83 all stand out for atmosphere!

Way more to many to remember, we've had some great days!

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Leeds Home cup when the ground moved stands out, Stoke away Play off Semi, all the busses in a line and Kav pictures on the windows and Bristol City in a play off away, not many of us allowed but we out sung them, and Scunthorpe away 83 all stand out for atmosphere!

Way more to many to remember, we've had some great days!
    Presume u mean Scunthorpe away 93?

https://www-urban75-org.cdn.ampproje...ch-invasion%2F

Apart from the obvious games in our recent history, the 2-1 win at Fulham in our first Premier league season, with Jordan Mutch's winner was superb.
    Cardiff 3 Chelsea 3 in 1983 sticks in the mind aswell.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Yes you're right

It was mental!

Quote Originally Posted by HyperboreanCCFC View Post
    Cardiff v Leeds in the F.A. cup. cracking atmosphere. Never forget that day.
    Leeds FA Cup, NQAT.

Quote Originally Posted by Maurice Swan View Post
    Yes...that is the one for me......supporting them since 1959.....the atmosphere was incredible under the lights...I think we went down to 9 men towards the end...?

The one that comes close was City v Everton at Ninian Park under floodlights when Derek Tapscot went in goal after an injury to my nom de plum....we held on to win 3-2.

The other of course was CIty v Middlesborough which kept us up....https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greg_Farrell
    I would also choose the Middlesbrough game from 1966 and that Leicester game in 2010 and add City 3 Sunderland 1 in the FA Cup 4th round 2nd replay in 1972. Incidentally I think you'll find that the match where Tapscott went in goal was actually against Newcastle in February 1961.

Farrell became a legend in that Boro game. For some reason I always thought he got a hat trick

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    In person or on TV

Wales v Belgium 3-1 still gives me chills
    In person:

Too many to mention for Cardiff City.

Wales: Belgium, Russia and Slovakia at Euros 2016, Italy at Mill Stad. All quite incredible even now.

Non Wales or Cardiff City:

UCL Final 2005 Liverpool 3 Milan 3

Cambridge away, can't remember when. The terrace behind the goal was packed. Nice sunny day if I remember right. We had 3 players sent off. Such fun watching us defend against 11 man Cambridge and we didn't lose. There was a breakaway attack where I thought we could score. Rhys Weston? Memory is gone now in my old age.

Leeds