Wales 3-1 Belgium
    City 3-2 Man City
    City v Leicester in the play offs
    City v Leeds FA Cup game

I enjoyed all of them.

Re: What’s your favourite game you’ve ever watched

Cambridge 0 - 0 Cardiff City 👍

Has to be City vs Leeds FA Cup, January 2002. Can't believe it was over 20 years ago! What a night.

Like others, I'd say City v Leeds in the cup.

For what was a 'normal' domestic game, ie not a final or anything..it was something else. I still remember coming down Cowbridge Road and hearing singing from the pubs all the way and that was about 12.30.

Was right behind the goal in The Grange End. Incredible day

For city, I loved Leicester playoffs away when Whitts scored that free kick.

But it’s gotta be wales against Belgium or Slovakia.

As mentioned earlier, Fulham 1 The City 5 (when me & Bluetit were nippers), the Belgium quarter final, Middlesbrough in the quarter final knowing we were going to Wembley in the FA Cup for the first time since 1927.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    City 3-2 Spurs, a Saturday night in March 1962. The game was switched because Wales were playing 5 Nations game in the afternoon. Incredible game and atmosphere, gate stated as 45k plus but there must have been 10k more you couldn’t move in the ground. Only downside City got relegated that season and to show fickle support was even then, next home game against Villa and under 12k there.

Spurs did the double that season.
    I'll second that, you could taste the atmosphere, what an absolute delight of a match.

Wales v Spain in 1985
    Mark Hughes spectacular scissor kick
    I dislocated my shoulder trying to replicate that goal and was taken to East Glamorgan hospital to sort lol
    Painful memory
    My other most favourite goal was Andy Campbell’s in the play off final
    We were behind that goal
    Great game
    Fantastic result
    Even better weekend ⚽️🤩

For games I've been too it would be Leicester away in the prem a few years back when Camarasa hit that belter at the end of the game, or Dnipro v Sevilla in the europa league final about 8 years ago, superb game of football with some of the best counter attacking football I've seen at a game.

Non City/Wales just for the quality of play - my dad took me to Arsenal - Wimbledon the Invincibles season and they won 5-0 I think, although could have easily been double digits. Blew them off the park.

Also the only 2. Bundesliga game I ever got to ended up 10-2 to the home team, so I guess that also sticks in the memory.

City 3 Swansea 3 1980.
    John Buchanan’s bullet free kick.
    I was in the Bob bank, and have never seen a City goal celebrated so wildly since, and that includes the injury time equaliser against Liverpool at Wembley.

I’d say the most elated I’ve been after a game was the FA Cup final semi-final v Barnsley in 2008. Knowing City had reached the final and I’d be there to watch it had me on Cloud 9 for the 5 weeks leading up to it.

1927 final it was a great day.

The play-off final win against QPR?

My 1st match ever at Ninian Park, City 6 - Exeter 2. FA Cup 1st round 22nd November 1975. I've never seen City score 6 since (although I have seen them concede 6!).

I’m surprised pretty much everyone has said a Wales or City game

Surprised no one has really mentioned non-city/Wales games

Leicester/Watford?

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    City 3-2 Spurs, a Saturday night in March 1962. The game was switched because Wales were playing 5 Nations game in the afternoon. Incredible game and atmosphere, gate stated as 45k plus but there must have been 10k more you couldn’t move in the ground. Only downside City got relegated that season and to show fickle support was even then, next home game against Villa and under 12k there.

Spurs did the double that season.
    I wasn't allowed to go to the Spurs game, by parents, but waited at Ponty station to get the result off fans coming home. Remember it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    I’d say the most elated I’ve been after a game was the FA Cup final semi-final v Barnsley in 2008. Knowing City had reached the final and I’d be there to watch it had me on Cloud 9 for the 5 weeks leading up to it.
    I think that is my most memorable game too. Never thought I'd see City at Wembley in the cup final in my lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I’m surprised pretty much everyone has said a Wales or City game

Surprised no one has really mentioned non-city/Wales games

Leicester/Watford?
    Could be because this is a Cardiff City message board

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    City 3 Swansea 3 1980.
    John Buchanan’s bullet free kick.
    I was in the Bob bank, and have never seen a City goal celebrated so wildly since, and that includes the injury time equaliser against Liverpool at Wembley.
    Thank you

I've not read through the whole thread so excuse me if it's already been mentioned, but all of the big games are listed, and rightly so, where we had good sides and fantastic away support. In some of those games i found it quite overwhelming and difficult to take in, so much of the emotion was relief, great occasions but in some ways, the whole occasion passed me by. That's why i'll say some of the rare away wins we got when we were shit. A couple of hundred fans, hardly ever the better side in terms of performance and ability, dropped off in some hostile town where the locals turned out to give us hugs and kisses! Whenever we got a result, and got away safely, it felt like we had got away with something, almost like a theft, the perfect pick pocket moment-it was never on the cards. For me, that was satisfying.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I've not read through the whole thread so excuse me if it's already been mentioned, but all of the big games are listed, and rightly so, where we had good sides and fantastic away support. In some of those games i found it quite overwhelming and difficult to take in, so much of the emotion was relief, great occasions but in some ways, the whole occasion passed me by. That's why i'll say some of the rare away wins we got when we were shit. A couple of hundred fans, hardly ever the better side in terms of performance and ability, dropped off in some hostile town where the locals turned out to give us hugs and kisses! Whenever we got a result, and got away safely, it felt like we had got away with something, almost like a theft, the perfect pick pocket moment-it was never on the cards. For me, that was satisfying.
    So many come to mind. I’m going to mention the FL Cup Rd 1 around 1986. Home to Plymouth - 1-4 down at half time. 5-4 full time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    So many come to mind. I’m going to mention the FL Cup Rd 1 around 1986. Home to Plymouth - 1-4 down at half time. 5-4 full time.
    And i think that we won the return leg 2-1.

In person: City 1 v 0 Man city, 1990s. But Wales v Germany from 1991(?) comes close.
    On telly: yeah probably Wales 3 v 1 Belgium.

Not related to City or Wales: Germany 7 v 1 Brazil. I absolutely loved that.