+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Covid and Qatar

Re: Covid and Qatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    (i) It is prohibited to carry medicines which contain narcotics or psychotropic substances while arriving in the State of Qatar. These include medicines like – Lyrica, Tramadol, Alprazolam (Xanax), Diazepam (Valium), Zolam, Clonazepam, Zolpidem, Codeine, Methadone, Pregabalin.
    There's 4 on that list that are monthly repeats for me so even if I'd wanted to go it would be another hurdle. I'm struggling to get to CSS tomorrow evening!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    That is what I'm doing with my boys - it will be different and stupidly expensive, but a lot of the negative comments being made sound very bitter.
    I can assure you there's nothing bitter about my comments mate. I wish you and your family a safe and wonderful trip. I honestly think you'd feel differently if you or your family weren't welcome though mate. Close friends and Mrs Citizen wouldn't set foot in the country. She's not bitter. Enjoy the experience, but try to walk in other's shoes and understand that there are many who'd be given up to 7 years in prison for just being in love with someone of the same sex. That's pretty f*cked up.

I wouldn't have said anything but I think it's important to emphasise it's got nothing to do with bitterness.

“Displays of affection” are not allowed in general. If a man or woman kisses his or her partner in a public space, whether male or female, he or she can get into serious trouble. You don't even need to be gay. I respect your right and decision to go but please respect the decisions of those who choose not to.

I wouldn't trust any assurances FIFA give.

What are they going to do if there’s a goal? They can’t arrest the whole ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    What are they going to do if there’s a goal? They can’t arrest the whole ground.
    The fans will have to wink at each other or make a silly heart sign with their fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    That is what I'm doing with my boys - it will be different and stupidly expensive, but a lot of the negative comments being made sound very bitter.
    I get to 90% of Wales away games and have absolutely no interest in going to Qatar. Absolutely nothing to be bitter about from my point, if I wanted to go I could. I don't and am off to Florida for 3 weeks instead. In my opinion it's a complete sham of a tournament for many of the reasons already detailed in this thread. It facilitates future tournaments being suggested for places like Saudi Arabia and I've no doubt they'll have a bid on the table soon enough. I know a number of others in very similar position to myself who likewise think it's a pile of bollocks, they're not bitter either.

I also have a couple of family members and close friends travelling out and I hope they have a fantastic time. There's plenty of reasons that they won't though and those reasons keep increasing. The covid testing is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    That seems to be the case.
    I'm reading the info about Covid tests as:
    Negative PCR test is valid for departure up to 48 hours and Lateral Flow up to 24 hours before departure for flights into Qatar. Therefore, very likely, if anyone is staying in Dubai, one test per match (=an expensive pain to sort out).

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    what do you think is the answer to this question chum
    Cutting it fine for somewhere decent to host it….

Thought this thread would’ve been more about symptoms
    Thought it was mainly a cough and a temperature rather than qatar

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    Thought this thread would’ve been more about symptoms
    Thought it was mainly a cough and a temperature rather than qatar
    It's posts like this that make me wish I had some drums and a cymbal!

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    It's posts like this that make me wish I had some drums and a cymbal!
    Must be my age but can’t resist a dad joke

I was in Abu Dhabi last Sept just after the UAE had opened up to tourists after the second Covid outbreak.

We had to have tests 4 times whilst were there.
    They came to our hotel and tested us for £13 per visit.
    I’ve recently researched and its now around £20 now per test

We are basing ourselves in Abu Dhabi for the WC as the quality of All Inclusive Hotels are better there than Dubai and yes we’ll need to test each time we fly to Qatar but it’s not bank breaking to test out there and theyll come to our hotel.

The Ehteraz app seems to be a a potch but they had and still have similar in Abu Dhabi called Al Hosn and that didn’t work whilst we were there but everywhere we went they accepted our UK Covid Vaccination app and we took hard copies too

I wish it wasn’t in Qatar but I’m dead excited about going and willing to accept the hassle involved.

Uncle Bob can use this for his open mic night maybe. :)

isn't anybody on here going..?

Billy The Badge has bought a huge consignment of sandals

Quote Originally Posted by Splott-light... View Post
    isn't anybody on here going..?

Billy The Badge has bought a huge consignment of sandals
    I'll be there...without my pick n shovel/beer/OTC medication/flag(?). Probably more fun going to a match in a convent. Once in a lifetime though.