+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Oxford Vaccine

Oxford Vaccine

Re: Oxford Vaccine

This article is from May 2020

Oh yes it is , that said , it still isn’t that effective is it ?

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    They obviously thought that the research was worth a punt.....

Desperation stuff, you should have just acknowledged your mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    They obviously thought that the research was worth a punt.....

Isn’t it?

not only is it from 2020, from a quick scan of this and the headline is that the gist of the sensationalism is that they still caught covid. Which is the same with all of the vaccines, just you're less likely to die from it. This has been very clear.
    I'm really not sure why you posted this
    Like, genuinely puzzled.
    Not having a go, just bizzare that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    not only is it from 2020, from a quick scan of this and the headline is that the gist of the sensationalism is that they still caught covid. Which is the same with all of the vaccines, just you're less likely to die from it. This has been very clear.
    I'm really not sure why you posted this
    Like, genuinely puzzled.
    Not having a go, just bizzare that's all.
    It's his pet subject

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    It's his pet subject
    I don't really keep too much track of what certain posters agenda is, but presuming you're right, you'd use an article that argues the opposite of the governments and scientists. You know, the normal dubious source websites that conspiracy theorists normally post.
    This one basically says exactly what the scientists and governments have claimed about the vaccine.
    I really don't get it that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Desperation stuff, you should have just acknowledged your mistake.
    How is is desperate , it came up on a current conversation within my Twitter feed and even thought it’s old, the article is on point as of today.

Are you going against official guidelines which states the vax doesn’t offer sufficient protection or prevents transmission and even if it does it wains after a few months ?

How is is desperate , it came up on a current conversation within my Twitter feed and even thought it’s old, the article is on point as of today.

Are you going against official guidelines which states the vax doesn’t offer protection and even if it does it wains after a few months ?
    I'm not sure about desperate but the post is completely pointless?
    It said that the vaccine doesn't stop people getting Covid (it doesn't, it makes it significantly less likely you die), it states that you can still pass on the virus (it does, but reduces this somewhat), and it wains after a few months (yes, but boosters as per flu and others).
    It basically says the same things everyone knows (people who are not conspiracy theorists agree with all of this).
    I just don't understand

Are you going against official guidelines which states the vax doesn’t offer sufficient protection or prevents transmission and even if it does it wains after a few months ?
    Do you have a link to official guidelines that say vaccines don't offer protection?

I'm not sure about desperate but the post is completely pointless?
    It said that the vaccine doesn't stop people getting Covid (it doesn't, it makes it significantly less likely you die), it states that you can still pass on the virus (it does, but reduces this somewhat), and it wains after a few months (yes, but boosters as per flu and others).
    It basically says the same things everyone knows (people who are not conspiracy theorists agree with all of this).
    I just don't understand
    I thought it was a recent article, that said as 98% of people will have mild or moderate symptoms ( regardless of vaccine status) why is Qatar insisting strict entry requirements for the World Cup , that seems pointless to me ?

Yeah superfeathers answer that one

I thought it was a recent article, that said as 98% of people will have mild or moderate symptoms ( regardless of vaccine status) why is Qatar insisting strict entry requirements for the World Cup , that seems pointless to me ?
    Believing in a big sky fairy and stoning gay people to death also seems pointless to me.
    I’d guess its a data harvesting opportunity that was too sweet to turn down.

Fair enough. But you really ought to read it if you're going to post it. Really had me stumped.
    It's not for me to argue for or against Qatar's entry requirements, most countries have relaxed them. If I had to guess i'd say it's to protect the more vulnerable 2% in their society as best they can.

Fair enough. But you really ought to read it if you're going to post it. Really had me stumped.
    It's not for me to argue for or against Qatar's entry requirements, most countries have relaxed them. If I had to guess i'd say it's to protect the more vulnerable 2% in their society as best they can.
    I take your comments on board, and like you say to protect 2%. Don’t worry about the other 98% …….

I take your comments on board, and like you say to protect 2%. Don’t worry about the other 98% …….
    Thanks for taking that on board.
    I'm not sure how we got from your outdated link to Qatar's entry policy. I'm certainly no expert on the country at all.
    Do you live there or are you just planning to visit for the World cup or a different occasion?
    From a UK point of view where i'm a citizen, the country has relaxed entry requirements, and the biggest reason for that is the vaccine rollout.
    I've had to google the population of Qatar. If we're thinking of the vulnerable as 2% that's 60k or about twice our stadium capacity so a significant number of people. Personally, I wouldn't criticise them for trying to protect them with a pretty minor entry requirement.
    Not sure where they are with the vaccine etc. or their plans to relax the entry requirement.

No, I'm saying your desperation to find stuff which you can use to back up your views on the vaccine caused you to use an irrelevant link. I can recall the Oxford vaccine having a few setbacks during its development (one of which caused it to cease production for a while if I remember rightly) and it is true to say that it seems to be the one that doesn't get used much these days. However, people were very grateful to it at the time and, although it may have had unfortunate side effects for some, it clearly has also saved plenty of lives - that's a view I'll stick to until I see a reputable study which proves that it didn't do so.

It saved lives ::

Some facts

Exact vaccine ingredients vary by manufacturer. Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines also contain messenger RNA (mRNA) and the Johnson & Johnson/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine contains a harmless version of a virus unrelated to the virus that causes COVID-19. The Novavax COVID-19 vaccine includes harmless pieces (proteins) of the virus that causes COVID-19; they are pieces of what is often called the “spike protein.” These give instructions to cells in your body to create an immune response. This response helps protect you from getting sick with COVID-19 in the future. After the body produces an immune response, it discards all the vaccine ingredients just as it would discard any information that cells no longer need. This process is a part of normal body functioning.

COVID-19 vaccines do NOT contain ingredients like preservatives, tissues (like aborted fetal cells), antibiotics, food proteins, medicines, latex, or metals.

Learn more about what ingredients are and are not in Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, Novavax, or Johnson & Johnson/Janssen COVID-19 vaccines.

I remember seeing that when the article was first published, and it transpired that people who received the Pfizer shot also had Covid afterwards. Am I correct in saying a knighthood was rewarded for the original R&D?

*Spellcheck error, should be awarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    It's his pet subject
    It’s not my pet subject , however , it justifies why a significant amount of the UK population (about 20m) have perhaps had second thoughts on their next booster. It also suggests certain people ( usually anonymous) who think it’s great to call people in this category anti - vax , are twats.
    Moreso if it’s well know.

It’s not my pet subject , however , it justifies why a significant amount of the UK population (about 20m) have perhaps had second thoughts on their next booster. It also suggests certain people ( usually anonymous) feel the need to call people in this category anti - vax , rather thick.
    Moreso if it’s well know.
    I would like to know the long covid death stats for all statuses, do you think they will publish them?