+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Craig Bellamy-The Central Club.

Craig Bellamy-The Central Club.

Craig Bellamy-Part 2-Central Club-Youtube.

An Hour in on this and i have to say that Bellamy talks so well. He's thoughtful, reflective, Articulate and Intelligent, and that's from someone who isn't his biggest fan (me!)

The Interview is about all of the clubs he has played for, so there will be stuff about us.

Just an observation-The young lad doing the interview isn't the greatest, but he has been through some tough times and is doing something positive with his life, so give him a break if you do decide to listen. Bellamy allows for him, something i was also impressed with, he's a Fairwater lad.

It's 2hrs 29 long, so a bit of a slog, but so far, it's a great listen. Bellamy is no joke, he's a thinker in my opinion. There's no pissing about like you hear from other footballers on this kind of platform.

I can't post Videos at the moment, so maybe someone elsle would like to do it.

Well worth a listen, even if it's over a few days

Re: Craig Bellamy-The Central Club.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Craig Bellamy-Part 2-Central Club-Youtube.

An Hour in on this and i have to say that Bellamy talks so well. He's thoughtful, reflective, Articulate and Intelligent, and that's from someone who isn't his biggest fan (me!)

The Interview is about all of the clubs he has played for, so there will be stuff about us.

Just an observation-The young lad doing the interview isn't the greatest, but he has been through some tough times and is doing something positive with his life, so give him a break if you do decide to listen. Bellamy allows for him, something i was also impressed with, he's a Fairwater lad.

It's 2hrs 29 long, so a bit of a slog, but so far, it's a great listen. Bellamy is no joke, he's a thinker in my opinion. There's no pissing about like you hear from other footballers on this kind of platform.

I can't post Videos at the moment, so maybe someone elsle would like to do it.

Well worth a listen, even if it's over a few days
    That’s the one that was posted a few months ago? I take it that was part one?

https://youtu.be/2r_zb4CSsVg

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    That’s the one that was posted a few months ago? I take it that was part one?
    I would have thought so. This is part 2, very recent. Bellamy seems to have taken a liking to the young man doing the interview, where others may not. Bellamy comes across so well.

I would have thought so. This is part 2, very recent. Bellamy seems to have taken a liking to the young man doing the interview, where others may not. Bellamy comes across so well.
    Just started watching it and right at the start he said how much he enjoyed the first part. He also said Burnley always want to attack, but I thought they helped us back into the game on Saturday with their negative attitude.

Just started watching it and right at the start he said how much he enjoyed the first part. He also said Burnley always want to attack, but I thought they helped us back into the game on Saturday with their negative attitude.
    Yup, they seemed happy for us to have the ball and play us on the counter.

Both Part 1 (13 February) and Part 2 (yesterday) are available as The Central Club podcasts.

I will listen to them later in the week.

Odd collection of podcast interviews on the site.

Recent ones - before Bellamy 2 - were a Soul Crew 'hooligan', Neil Jenkins, the mother of a young lad who committed suicide, John Actie and Tommy Robinson. Yes the Stephen Christopher Yaxley-Lennon one! The pod seems to show sympathy for him for being 'cancelled or silenced' whilst distancing themselves from his views.

I’ve seen quite a few of these, does the guy talk about his own life also then? He’s no pro but I like him, down to earth and gets them all talking. When I saw the original Bellamy one it made me think he’d be a good coach someday, says he couldn’t handle being a manager with all it entails but can’t help but think we are missing out having such a passionate bloke working for us.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Both Part 1 (13 February) and Part 2 (yesterday) are available as The Central Club podcasts.

I will listen to them later in the week.

Odd collection of podcast interviews on the site.

Recent ones - before Bellamy 2 - were a Soul Crew 'hooligan', Neil Jenkins, the mother of a young lad who committed suicide, John Actie and Tommy Robinson. Yes the Stephen Christopher Yaxley-Lennon one! The pod seems to show sympathy for him for being 'cancelled or silenced' whilst distancing themselves from his views.
    I haven’t looked but is there an audio only version available to listen in the car?
    I watched part 1 and didn’t think that option was there but I’m a luddite on this sort of stuff so maybe I just missed something

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    I haven’t looked but is there an audio only version available to listen in the car?
    I watched part 1 and didn’t think that option was there but I’m a luddite on this sort of stuff so maybe I just missed something
    Just downloaded the video and extracted the audio for you so you can listen to it. Sending you a PM.

Loved the first part. Thought he was brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Just downloaded the video and extracted the audio for you so you can listen to it. Sending you a PM.

That’s so kind. Thank you very much

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    That’s so kind. Thank you very much
    No problem, it's a 290MB MP3 file.

Bellamy just describing Neil Warnock to a tee and now he’s talking about Warnock’s Bury team.

As always with Craig Bellamy, a good listen. He's pretty critical of City and says that, currently, he has no plans to become a manager.

He clearly didnt think much of the Dave Jones regime.

Lot of time for The Central Club, if nothing else because of the sheer range of guests they have on. From "normal" people with interesting stories to Welsh sports icons to the First Minister of Wales.

The host might not be Paxman but its a credit to him that he can engage with such a wide array of people from multiple backgrounds.

I thought the title of this thread was about his choice of weapon in the changing room.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post

Would you mind sending to me too?

Quote Originally Posted by FormerlyJohnnyBreadhead View Post
    Lot of time for The Central Club, if nothing else because of the sheer range of guests they have on. From "normal" people with interesting stories to Welsh sports icons to the First Minister of Wales.

The host might not be Paxman but its a credit to him that he can engage with such a wide array of people from multiple backgrounds.
    Agree with this, he's had some great guests as well.

The show is a podcast. Available on any podcast app.

Listened to one of the earlier episodes and wasn't too much of a fan of the presenter. Nothing against him personally, he didn't keep my attention well. Glad to hear that he's improved as the content itself wasn't bad. Will check this one out when I get the time.

Stay Central

I like the kid and think its brilliant he’s positively changed his life. From addict to running his own stall in Cardiff market and has loads of subscribers to his podcast. Well done lad.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Stay Central

I like the kid and think its brilliant he’s positively changed his life. From addict to running his own stall in Cardiff market and has loads of subscribers to his podcast. Well done lad.
    Absolutely, good on him. Great to see someone do something positive and turn things around.

Absolutely, good on him. Great to see someone do something positive and turn things around.
    Exactly.

Thought the presenter was pretty good actually.

Thought the presenter was pretty good actually.
    He's getting better. Bellamy was great though, showed plenty of awareness, and did really well.