+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Suella Braverman’s dream and obsession.

Suella Braverman’s dream and obsession.

What a horrible woman, who’d have thought we’d get worse than Priti Patel?

Suella Braverman has said that seeing a flight take asylum seekers to Rwanda is her “dream” and “obsession”.

“I would love to have a front page of The Telegraph with a plane taking off to Rwanda, that’s my dream, it’s my obsession”

Surely it should be her dream that such drastic actions never need to be taken, something that can be achieved if her party implemented a sensible immigration policy.

Re: Suella Braverman’s dream and obsession.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    What a horrible woman, who’d have thought we’d get worse than Priti Patel?

Suella Braverman has said that seeing a flight take asylum seekers to Rwanda is her “dream” and “obsession”.

“I would love to have a front page of The Telegraph with a plane taking off to Rwanda, that’s my dream, it’s my obsession”

Surely it should be her dream that such drastic actions never need to be taken, something that can be achieved if her party implemented a sensible immigration policy.
    An absolute pig of a woman

When will you lot quit moralising and realise?

The system is completely and utterly immoral and totally abused. You aren't on the right side in tolerating it. The poor and most needy just get pushed to the back.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-63119180

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post

The system is completely and utterly immoral and totally abused. You aren't on the right side in tolerating it. The poor and most needy just get pushed to the back.

Read the quote. She isn't even thinking about shutting down criminal gangs who are trafficking people, she gets off on dreaming about people being deported to Africa as a punishment. It's ****ing weird and the fact you can't acknowledge that is a bit worrying.

She is using migration to posture for the leadership and it is pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    Read the quote. She isn't even thinking about shutting down criminal gangs who are trafficking people, she gets off on dreaming about people being deported to Africa as a punishment. It's ****ing weird and the fact you can't acknowledge that is a bit worrying.

She is using migration to posture for the leadership and it is pathetic.
    I care about a politician recognising the problem and trying to sort it. The UK took lots of refugees from Hong Kong and Kabul. That's how you do it. Not this way. I would be more worried if I genuinely thought these were the worlds most desperate people, but they have £3,500 (I dont!) and are drinking in bars in Belgium biding their time. They are taking places of far more needy refugees.

Honestly, someone would have to be a mug to be okay with whats going on.

Anyway, second half is starting..

I care about a politician recognising the problem and trying to sort it. The UK took lots of refugees from Hong Kong and Kabul. That's how you do it. Not this way. I would be more worried if I genuinely thought these were the worlds most desperate people, but they have £3,500 (I dont!) and are drinking in bars in Belgium biding their time. They are taking places of far more needy refugees.

What you are doing here is really bad, nobody is okay with what is going on.

It really feels from reading your posts that your enemy is now the people crossing the channel rather than the people traffickers.

The system is completely and utterly immoral and totally abused.
    Correct. Yet the person who’s job it is to fix it has just come out and said it’s her “dream” to fix it by flying migrants to Rwanda. Not her duty, not her objective, her dream. She’s taking gleeful pleasure in the thought of flying these people to the other side of the world.
    That’s her solution to the problem.

You aren't on the right side in tolerating it.
    Who on earth said I tolerate it? Find one comment I’ve made where it shows I’m happy with our current immigration policy and procedures. I’ve not exactly kept it a secret that I disagree with the Tories on a lot of things so no clue why you think I’m happy with the current situation.

Just to confirm. You think the solution to the migrant problem is flying any that make it to the south coast across to Rwanda to be processed? That should be the government’s primary focus and where the most expenditure goes?

Not only is she a right wing nutcase , she looks like one of the sea devils from Dr who

https://www.google.com/search?q=sea+...QSwzJ3gPW1dQUM

Braverman claimed over £159,000 in expenses last year, on top of her £145,452 salary.

Dreadful thing to gloat about , however we do need to fix this and if it takes a big stick approach then it had to be tried I guess .. doing nothing is not an option . A lot of folk on both sides of the political landscape believe immigration is wrong , can't wait to read the opposition solution to this

She’s also talked about a “coup” in the Tory party regarding the u turn about the forty five per cent tax rate- she’s unashamedly appealing to the loony right which proves she’s stupid as well as a horrible person. The notion that anyone critical of Braverman is supporting the people traffickers is daft and avoiding the issue when it comes to why this thread was started.

...and here we have it yet again from this poster. If you think that the Rwanda plan is wrong, ineffective and undeliverable, it means you that you are not aware of the issue, of you don't care about it, or are even 'okay with it'.

This is either specifically designed to offend, or it's a half-witted wind-up. Or maybe both.

Dear, dear, dear. You are better than this failure of logic, surely.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post
    ...and here we have it yet again from this poster. If you think that the Rwanda plan is wrong, ineffective and undeliverable, it means you that you are not aware of the issue, of you don't care about it, or are even 'okay with it'.

This is either specifically designed to offend, or it's a half-witted wind-up. Or maybe both.
    A few threads back he asked me if I was personally profiting from it. Yeah buddy I'm a human trafficker, where do you want to go?

She's an utter twat of a woman

Typical to see the tory boys defending her

More nonsense comments about benefits today , pandering and playing to the right wing nut jobs in her party and this country

She's clearly power mad and as soon as Truss is gone she will be in the frame , she's horrific

Horrible, Horrible woman. Totally right wing with ideas that are morally wrong.
    She will appeal to the harshest, most vile cretins in the Tory party and the vermin in wider society.

Bit harsh to say she's worse than Priti Patel though. She even has the look of a kitten strangler.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiss Peter View Post

Indeed. The Rwanda stance he took was identical.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Dear, dear, dear. You are better than this failure of logic, surely.
    In fairness to TBG, SwissPeter and Eric, I agree, on this you are correct, and I humbly withdraw that. It's important people will recognise when the argument lacks logic. Criticising a policy does NOT mean you support what is currently happening. Fair to point that out, my apologies.

That said, what endlessly frustrates me is the lack of an alternative proposal. I know it's not anyone's job on CCMB to propose that, but it is frustrating when something is criticised but no viable alternative is made. That alone is a recognition of why we are where we are.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    She’s also talked about a “coup” in the Tory party regarding the u turn about the forty five per cent tax rate- she’s unashamedly appealing to the loony right which proves she’s stupid as well as a horrible person. The notion that anyone critical of Braverman is supporting the people traffickers is daft and avoiding the issue when it comes to why this thread was started.
    The only positive is that you can be sure this twisted, verminous, item of trash will be banished to another parallel universe soon along with her diminishing band of ghoulish right wing freaks.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Braverman claimed over £159,000 in expenses last year, on top of her £145,452 salary.
    Just noticed this very pertinent post. This explains why she was so upset about the reinstatement of the 45p tax. Coup indeed 😉😉😉

In fairness to TBG, SwissPeter and Eric, I agree, on this you are correct, and I humbly withdraw that. It's important people will recognise when the argument lacks logic. Criticising a policy does NOT mean you support what is currently happening. Fair to point that out, my apologies.

That said, what endlessly frustrates me is the lack of an alternative proposal. I know it's not anyone's job on CCMB to propose that, but it is frustrating when something is criticised but no viable alternative is made. That alone is a recognition of why we are where we are.
    What about puncturing their boats on their way over with giant British flags
    Or going after them with union jack plastered bumper boats and hitting them into the sea

Actually, Liz` conference speech is a bit close for comfort to be posting ideas like this

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    The only positive is that you can be sure this twisted, verminous, item of trash will be banished to another parallel universe soon along with her diminishing band of ghoulish right wing freaks.
    Honestly, why am I apologising for what I posted when people like you post stuff like this which is far worse in every respect?

But people have made suggestions along the lines of:

- If you want people to follow the legitimate route then make sure it works and isn't painfully slow

- Make sure the legitimate route is accessible

Ultimately I can't see why this relatively small stretch of land/sea can't be policed effectively by France and the UK given the technology available. At this point you have to feel that this is a political choice from both parties rather than one forced on them. Now as tempting as it is to just blame France, when you even have Steve Baker coming out apologising for not acting in good faith towards the EU you have to wonder where the governments priorities lie and whether they are grown up enough to work effectively with other countries at all.

If you want to tackle criminal gangs then tackle them but the Rwanda policy is the migrant version of victim blaming with actual real consequences (being shipwrecked in Rwanda). Its all well and good to paint every illegal crosser as some wealthy spiv from Albania taking a shot but that doesn't reflect reality. They are a real mix and quite often have a legitimate claim to asylum. International Law states that method of entry shouldn't influence the strength of the claim.

At this point it almost feels as though the Tories see partnering or even agreeing with France, Germany etc. to be 'bad optics'. I can't help but feel that this is one of those issues that will probably automatically improve under a different government because they will be far more inclined to work with countries in the EU. I can't see the current home secretary achieving anything when her main focus is 'how tough can I sound'.

If you want a hardline policy then target the criminals and don't make collateral out of desperate people.

Honestly, why am I apologising for what I posted when people like you post stuff like this which is far worse in every respect?
    Hardly worse, it's morally impeccable and imperative to state the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Hardly worse, it's morally impeccable and imperative to state the truth.
    You have not stated the truth. You are behaving like a strange cult member wildly lashing out at anyone with a different opinion. We are exactly where we were a few weeks ago with your near namesake Doucas.