+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Well, Well, Well

Well, Well, Well

2 games since we pulled the trigger on Pep Morison and already the lads are playing on the front foot and concentrating on our game rather than the oppositions.

Surprising what a bit confidence and belief in your own game can do for a player rather than worrying too much about the opposition.

Well done Mark Hudson 👏

Re: Well, Well, Well

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    2 games since we pulled the trigger on Pep Morison and already the lads are playing on the front foot and concentrating on our game rather than the oppositions.

Surprising what a bit confidence and belief in your own game can do for a player rather than worrying too much about the opposition.

Well done Mark Hudson 👏
    Genuine question.
    Were you against Hudson stepping up before the last two games?
    Regarding above.
    The way Hudson has conducted himself in the media has been a breath of fresh air now i'm hoping Colwill and Davies will thrive under him if he's given the job.

Pep Morison 😂🤣😂

As all of your mums used to say, One swallow doesn't make a summer..

First result of the season we beat the title favourites. Great result last night, but I will reserve judgement for a little while. All for giving him the job if he does well in the next couple of games though.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post

First result of the season we beat the title favourites. Great result last night, but I will reserve judgement for a little while. All for giving him the job if he does well in the next couple of games though.
    Who’s saying to give him the job? He’s getting it anyway but that’s not the point I was making.

Merely an observation that it was refreshing to see a City side go at the opposition from the first whistle like we did last night and which we didn’t do enough or under the previous manager.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Pep Morison 😂🤣😂
    Honestly mate, he got such a cult like following on Twitter you’d swear we had sacked Pep himself.

Who’s saying to give him the job? He’s getting it anyway but that’s not the point I was making.

Merely an observation that it was refreshing to see a City side go at the opposition from the first whistle like we did last night and which we didn’t do enough or under the previous manager.
    Yeah, fair point. I mean, we all agree on that.

International

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post

It would have felt different here if they had scored the penlty.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    It would have been gutting but for the right reasons. We dominated them for most of the game and on another night may well have had a couple more. Overall they went home with what they deserved-nothing and it's been a while since I've been able to say that.

Last night was good but Saturday we were outclassed and lucky to get a point. Hardly on the front foot there.

But yeah we get it, you hated Morison and you're glad he's gone.

I agree, for me Morisons biggest weakness was his constant changing of players and playing to suit the opposition. Not to say we shouldn’t tweak our style depending who we play but we should have let them worry about what we can do.

Interesting that sky said our wage bill is now bottom third of the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Last night was good but Saturday we were outclassed and lucky to get a point. Hardly on the front foot there.

But yeah we get it, you hated Morison and you're glad he's gone.
    Theres no need to be upset, Kev.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    I agree, for me Morisons biggest weakness was his constant changing of players and playing to suit the opposition. Not to say we shouldn’t tweak our style depending who we play but we should have let them worry about what we can do.

Interesting that sky said our wage bill is now bottom third of the league.
    Away from home, or playing a superior team ie a Burnley or Norwich then fair enough, but at home we should be going for the throat and not picking a side to contain the opposition.

Away from home, or playing a superior team ie a Burnley or Norwich then fair enough, but at home we should be going for the throat and not picking a side to contain the opposition.
    Yeah I agree, especially after some good results and performances I felt to many changes for players and style, we didn’t seem to be able to get any consistency or form because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Exactly.

Or the ref had played advantage or Robinson had scored the penalty at Huddersfield.

I have no reason to defend Morison whatsoever but a lot of people on here seem to be getting ahead of themselves after the last 2 games.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    Exactly.

Or the ref had played advantage or Robinson had scored the penalty at Huddersfield.

I have no reason to defend Morison whatsoever but a lot of people on here seem to be getting ahead of themselves after the last 2 games.
    I haven't seen anything different in playing style these last couple of games other than we've managed to score a goal in each. This is Morison's squad, Morison's way of playing, but I suppose with no mention of bullying and Colwill, that's a positive.

It could so easily be 1 point out of 6 in those two games. Burnley took their foot off the gas as soon as they went in front. At that point most of the crowd were hoping it wasn’t’t going to be a pasting. However Bluebirds deserve credit for trying to do something ,as their opponents just sat back and invited the opposition to try to equalise. The inevitable happened much to everyone’s surprise. As for last night, when you get a chance to change a game with a penalty, you have to take it. Maybe the ref could have waited a few seconds before blowing the whistle, and then Rovers would have got on the scoresheet. It was to Hudsons good fortune that the penalty kick was a poor one. I could have saved it. Goals change games, so it’s too early to judge Hudson just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    It could so easily be 1 point out of 6 in those two games. Burnley took their foot off the gas as soon as they went in front. At that point most of the crowd were hoping it wasn’t’t going to be a pasting. However Bluebirds deserve credit for trying to do something ,as their opponents just sat back and invited the opposition to try to equalise. The inevitable happened much to everyone’s surprise. As for last night, when you get a chance to change a game with a penalty, you have to take it. Maybe the ref could have waited a few seconds before blowing the whistle, and then Rovers would have got on the scoresheet. It was to Hudsons good fortune that the penalty kick was a poor one. I could have saved it. Goals change games, so it’s too early to judge Hudson just yet.
    Some sense! 👍

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    I haven't seen anything different in playing style these last couple of games other than we've managed to score a goal in each. This is Morison's squad, Morison's way of playing, but I suppose with no mention of bullying and Colwill, that's a positive.
    EXACTLY.

Definitely not ‘fabulous’ or ‘great’. Yet anyway. Hopefully in time though.

That’s football though, you can make a case for most games it could have been this or that. At the end of the day it’s a good 4 points against play off teams.

Just as much as you can say we pushed Burnley back rather than they took their foot off the gas, it makes little difference.

It’s impossible to judge Hudson yet, I don’t want him as manager personally but im happy with the two games, not huge difference but small subtle ones. I don’t think much needed changing but let’s wait and see.

Whats to day these performances wouldn’t have come under Morison? The groups gelling. Hudson has certainly benefited from the changes Morison made and the players he brought in.

Come on Ivor, credit where it's due surely?
    I won't sit here and claim we were spectacular, we weren't. There's absolutely room for improvement.
    However, having said that, the last two games have been a marked improvement on anything Morison offered up in his ten attempts.
    We attacked the goal and box more, made more runs, looked far more likely to make something happen.

Morison's gone, let's get on with it and give Hudson a chance.

I've watched almost every game this season, albeit admittedly via streams, but these last two are a definite step up.
    I can't help but feel that had we played the way we did in the previous ten, we'd have probably lost both.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    That’s football though, you can make a case for most games it could have been this or that. At the end of the day it’s a good 4 points against play off teams.

Just as much as you can say we pushed Burnley back rather than they took their foot off the gas, it makes little difference.

It’s impossible to judge Hudson yet, I don’t want him as manager personally but im happy with the two games, not huge difference but small subtle ones. I don’t think much needed changing but let’s wait and see.
    I think that we are in agreement here.

What I find alarming is a number of people in the match thread saying that we were fabulous’ and that it was a ‘great’ performance (and there were plenty) all wanting Hudson appointed in the ‘Hudson In’ thread.

I’m glad that we won and there has been a modest upturn in performance levels but It feels like I was watching a different game.

Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Dandruff View Post
    I think that we are in agreement here.

What I find alarming is a number of people in the match thread saying that we were fabulous’ and that it was a ‘great’ performance (and there were plenty) all wanting Hudson appointed in the ‘Hudson In’ thread.

I’m glad that we won and there has been a modest upturn in performance levels but It feels like I was watching a different game.

Weird.
    Do you think that we looked more aggressive, more intensity, more of a willingness to get to the ball before Blackburn did and more desire to win the 2nd balls? I think that we did,Bob.

I get your reservations, there was still little happening around the penalty box and the way we gave away the penalty was poor, but to me, it looked sharper. Still work to do though.

You make some fair points but at no point did I think Burnley were going to give us a pasting