+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Peter Whittingham Memorial Match - Wednesday 30 November

Re: Peter Whittingham Memorial Match - Wednesday 30 November

Whoever chose that date need sacking

It is a stupid date and time, particularly as Steve Borley wants Peter Whittingham to be the first thing youngsters see in the new academy training ground.
    Saying that, I’m dragging my boys over from Brizzle on a school night - missing a football training session (usually a hanging offence and will lead to my older boy being dropped for his next match) to show support.
    A Sunday afternoon, as suggested above, might have led to a sold-out CCS.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hooded Claw View Post
    It is a stupid date and time, particularly as Steve Borley wants Peter Whittingham to be the first thing youngsters see in the new academy training ground.
    Saying that, I’m dragging my boys over from Brizzle on a school night - missing a football training session (usually a hanging offence and will lead to my older boy being dropped for his next match) to show support.
    A Sunday afternoon, as suggested above, might have led to a sold-out CCS.
    Fair play, that’s a hell of trip on a Wednesday night. Surely Vince Alm or someone high up in the Supporters Club could tell the club what a mistake it is.

I still cannot believe they're having a friendly with the current team's players, nobody wants to see that. We want to see Whittingham's ex teammates playing, pretty annoyed about how wrong they've got this.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    I still cannot believe they're having a friendly with the current team's players, nobody wants to see that. We want to see Whittingham's ex teammates playing, pretty annoyed about how wrong they've got this.
    100% Agree. They've mentioned some players that will be there but what about Jay B, Michael C, Chris B, Gavin R, Tom H and all the others from the Dave Jones era.... Will DJ, Malky be there? I wish it was a team of his ex team mates, managed by an ex manager of his

Quote Originally Posted by mbatte View Post
    100% Agree. They've mentioned some players that will be there but what about Jay B, Michael C, Chris B, Gavin R, Tom H and all the others from the Dave Jones era.... Will DJ, Malky be there? I wish it was a team of his ex team mates, managed by an ex manager of his
    I sincerely hope you aren’t referring to Chris Barker.

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    Away allocation 781
    Just bought ours …. How many expected for the game ?

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Thinking about it , I’m going to buy 3 tickets regardless , perhaps people who can’t attend could consider that option as a goodwill gesture?
    Yes, I agree. I don't think that I'll be able to make it, but I've already bought five tickets.

Away allocation 781
    About 4k home tickets sold. So at the moment ~4.5k in total.

Away allocation 781
    I dont know where your figure came from but Villa would have been allocated far more than 781 and have sold them. Also, I have been told that our tickets are selling well and they are expecting a large crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I dont know where your figure came from but Villa would have been allocated far more than 781 and have sold them. Also, I have been told that our tickets are selling well and they are expecting a large crowd.
    You can look for yourself online at the stadium map at how many have sold. We’ve got 2 blocks open in the Canton and 4 open in the Ninian with about 800 unsold tickets across the 6 blocks.

Typical of the football club they couldn’t have picked a worst time and date if they tried.

Absolutely useless. The man deserves so much better.

Seems to be getting a bit desperate the push to sell tickets. Club have got this really wrong from date and time to the set up of the game. It has waited so long it would’ve made more sense to do it next summer. Hopefully reaches 10k which will be semi respectful but feels like a warm summers day next year ahead of a new season after a summers break you’d be looking at 25k+

The club has ballsed this up completely. Who the f*ck is running the show???

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    The club has ballsed this up completely. Who the f*ck is running the show???
    DML1954

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    DML1954
    “The plane, The plane”, came the cry from his home on Fantasy Island

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    Seems to be getting a bit desperate the push to sell tickets. Club have got this really wrong from date and time to the set up of the game. It has waited so long it would’ve made more sense to do it next summer. Hopefully reaches 10k which will be semi respectful but feels like a warm summers day next year ahead of a new season after a summers break you’d be looking at 25k+
    No chance we’d get 25k for a friendly, even if it is a memorial for one of our greatest players. We’d get around 13k with the perfect conditions. As it is, I think it’ll be somewhere around the 7k mark.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    I was told they had sold 781 , with a further allocation if required , so I’m assuming they could bring more. What is the Universal Credit are you harping on about