+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Tories Are Utter Twats

Re: The Tories Are Utter Twats

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    **** me you've done exactly as I said you would in previous threads, you take snippets of information and present them as all time facts. You do this every single time.

Norway has left governments far more than right wing ones including its current one. Because of this and long term policies they've implemented the standard of living is far far higher than the UK.

Honestly do you even have a job these days or just reeling from the divorce?
    What I have challenged your completely unreferenced and incorrect comment that Norway is 'leftist' and illustrated it with a few facts?

In no way is Norway 'leftist'. It is a resource rich capitalist country with a generous welfare state. That doesn't make it 'leftist' at all.

Like I said, the country you cite is an example of something you normally rant against. It's had 5 right-of-centre governments in the last 40 years and 6 left-of-centre.

Do you have any evidence it's leftist?

The irony is that in a thread entitled "The Tories are utter twats" your shining example of a leftist country is one that has been run by the Norwegian Conservative Party for 8 of the last 9 years.

du kunne ikke gjøre det opp!

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    This set of rankings based on metrics says you're wrong: https://www.cntraveler.com/gallery/t...s-in-the-world
    I don't doubt Norway is a lovely place to live, although I hear Oslo isn't a particularly nice city.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    What I have challenged your completely unreferenced and incorrect comment that Norway is 'leftist' and illustrated it with a few facts?

In no way is Norway 'leftist'. It is a resource rich capitalist country with a generous welfare state. That doesn't make it 'leftist' at all.

Like I said, the country you cite is an example of something you normally rant against. It's had 5 right-of-centre governments in the last 40 years and 6 left-of-centre.

Do you have any evidence it's leftist?

The irony is that in a thread entitled "The Tories are utter twats" your shining example of a leftist country is one that has been run by the Norwegian Conservative Party for 8 of the last 9 years.

du kunne ikke gjøre det opp!
    You don't provide evidence though do you? You just cherry pick repeatedly. As I say repeatedly, you're like the dailymail, you present snippets of information and then lie to make it seems like it's the trend when it isn't.

Norway has a long history of left wing governments in the past far far more than right wing ones. Because of those left wing governments they've implemented policies that actually help the population.

I know it burns you to the core that everyone on this forum aged under 60 can see you for the lonely scum you are. You're also thick as shit if you think welfare state doesn't mean leftist.

I would absolutely ****ing love to see what you're like in real life.

The Tories hate the idea of welfare

Unless they need it themselves

The Welfare State We Are In ......Read that for some right wing libertarian nonsense

I don't know what the author is doing now but if he gets MS or Parkinsons and needs welfare of any kind he won't be getting any help from me

You don't provide evidence though do you? You just cherry pick repeatedly. As I say repeatedly, you're like the dailymail, you present snippets of information and then lie to make it seems like it's the trend when it isn't.

Norway has a long history of left wing governments in the past far far more than right wing ones. Because of those left wing governments they've implemented policies that actually help the population.

"I know it burns you to the core that everyone on this forum aged under 60 can see you for the lonely scum you are. You're also thick as shit if you think welfare state doesn't mean leftist."

I would absolutely ****ing love to see what you're like in real life.
    I literally have backed up my point, you havent. And then, in the absence of any coherent arguments you turn to personal insults. You have an overly simplistic view of politics where left=good and right=bad, when the reality is far more complex.

As for this: I don't think it's me that reasonable people on this forum are judging here. I seriously do implore you to get some help if you think this is a normal way to communicate online.

I know it burns you to the core that everyone on this forum aged under 60 can see you for the lonely scum you are. You're also thick as shit if you think welfare state doesn't mean leftist.

I don't take it personally, I feel sorry for you.

**** me you've done exactly as I said you would in previous threads, you take snippets of information and present them as all time facts. You do this every single time.

Norway has left governments far more than right wing ones including its current one. Because of this and long term policies they've implemented the standard of living is far far higher than the UK.

Honestly do you even have a job these days or just reeling from the divorce?
    with all due respect Norway has as much oil as the UK but with a tenth of the population. That's why they are rich. They have a sovereign pension fund worth in excess of £150k per capita. But yes, adopting social democracy in its various forms has certainly helped. its no surprise the nordic countries are always top or thereabouts in the quality of life and happiness indices.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by DryCleaning View Post
    with all due respect Norway has as much oil as the UK but with a tenth of the population. That's why they are rich. They have a sovereign pension fund worth in excess of £150k per capita. But yes, adopting social democracy in its various forms has certainly helped. its no surprise the nordic countries are always top or thereabouts in the quality of life and happiness indices.
    I think it split in two because it grew to be unwieldy.