+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: W.B.A. lose again

W.B.A. lose again

Bruce might not be allowed on the bus home.

FT: Preston 1 - 0 WBA
    FT: Hull 2 - 1 Wigan
    FT: Burnley 1 - 1 Stoke
    FT: Rotherham 1-1 Millwall
    FT: Middlesbrough 1-0 Birmingham

Jacks still playing at Watford in 17 mins added time (it's curr Watford 1 - 2 Swansea)

Re: W.B.A. lose again

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Bruce might not be allowed on the bus home.

FT: Preston 1 - 0 WBA
    FT: Hull 2 - 1 Wigan
    FT: Burnley 1 - 1 Stoke
    FT: Rotherham 1-1 Millwall
    FT: Middlesbrough 1-0 Birmingham

Jacks still playing at Watford in 17 mins added time (it's curr Watford 1 - 2 Swansea)
    Yes, final score : Cardiff City 2021 1 WBA 0

Jacks win 2 - 1 at Watford

Steve Bruce to be unemployed tomorrow. Probably. I'll keep an eye out for one of the West Brom directors, who lives near me, speeding passed my house on the way to sack him. As he did on the way to sack Big Sam.

WBA doing so poorly fills me with dread. They may want Kipre back!

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    My thoughts too. We don’t want anymore disruption.

Don’t think they can recall him till end of the season because now it’s classed as an international loan, maybe wrong though 🙃

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Jacks win 2 - 1 at Watford
    Mad what happens when you back a manager and give him time. In the playoffs now, bet the whinging Swansea fans are quiet now

I wonder if our Man Utd supporting chairman is considering an ex player again for the permanent role here…

They would be stupid not to but here's to hoping

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    I wonder if our Man Utd supporting chairman is considering an ex player again for the permanent role here…
    I don't think Steve Bruce would be that bad but definitely better out there

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I don't think Steve Bruce would be that bad but definitely better out there
    You’ve seen how he’s doing with a better team than us in the same league haven’t you?

You saw how 1 dimensional his Newcastle team were?

What makes you think you wouldn’t be that bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Don’t think they can recall him till end of the season because now it’s classed as an international loan, maybe wrong though ��
    Ryan Giles was signed on a season long loan from Wolves for the 2021-22 season, but recalled by them in January! I assume that was also classed as an international loan?

Maybe the club have tried to change the terms of recent loan deals to prevent that happening again - but I doubt it. I expect WBA do have the ability to recall him in January.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Ryan Giles was signed on a season long loan from Wolves for the 2021-22 season, but recalled by them in January! I assume that was also classed as an international loan?

Maybe the club have tried to change the terms of recent loan deals to prevent that happening again - but I doubt it. I expect WBA do have the ability to recall him in January.
    I thought things changed at the start of the 22/23 season, wasn’t there a debate on here about English clubs now not so keen to loan to us because it counts as an international loan, or am I getting my wires crossed here.

I thought things changed at the start of the 22/23 season, wasn’t there a debate on here about English clubs now not so keen to loan to us because it counts as an international loan, or am I getting my wires crossed here.
    There was something going around about the matter wasn’t there.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    There was something going around about the matter wasn’t there.
    Yes, it was peddled as a reason why we were struggling to get in our primary striking targets. It seems pretty certain that Delap and Simms were targets of ours who decided to go elsewhere, but you’d have thought City would have made it known if that rule was responsible for this happening.

Sorry - you are right. Loans in from EPL clubs only became 'international loans' from this summer.

However, as far as I recall the change was only about reducing the number of loans that could be made to six per club - with all national federations required by FIFA to introduce the restrictions by 2025, but with the limit applied three years earlier for loans in or out across national borders, meaning Welsh clubs were disadvantaged.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...rdiff-24313710

I have not seen anything that implies international loan deals are more protected against mid season recalls by the parent club. I'm pretty sure that is still down to the small print of the individual loan agreements and not affected by the FIFA rule change.

Scott Johnson is saying the club has told him Kipre definitely can't be recalled. https://mobile.twitter.com/roathboy/...07342526816257
    Mind you, he is the one who tweeted "It's happening" about Bale, and the club isn't always the best of sources!

I hope the club have inserted an option to sign him. His fee will be going up by the game at this rate.

They won't have though, as that would have involved some foresight...

They should've kept Kipre

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    They should've kept Kipre
    It's almost as though Steve Bruce wants West Brom to be relegated/him being sacked. Some really daft decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    It's almost as though Steve Bruce wants West Brom to be relegated/him being sacked. Some really daft decisions.
    It would be good wheeze for him. Get's his contract paid up, puts his feet up for a bit and then finds some other mugs to give him a job.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    It would be good wheeze for him. Get's his contract paid up, puts his feet up for a bit and then finds some other mugs to give him a job.
    CCS beckons....nooo!