+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Are you in the “anti growth coalition”?

Are you in the “anti growth coalition”?

I see Truss has identified a new adversary in the Tories never ending culture wars against the “woke”. Do you qualify?

Re: Are you in the “anti growth coalition”?

If thinking, if you give money to a poor person and money to a rich person, that the poor person is more likely to put it straight back into society, means that I'm a member then yes I am.

I believe in a fair society that protects the vulnerable, encourages business, prioritises education and the nhs, where freedom of speech and freedom of movement are allowed.

I am a card carrying member of the anti growth coalition.

I'm in, where do I sign up?!

Quote Originally Posted by Claude Blue View Post
    I'm in, where do I sign up?!
    You just need to be outwardly critical
    Of any member of government and your tufty badge will come in the post
    *while stocks last

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    You just need to be outwardly critical
    Of any member of government and your tufty badge will come in the post
    *while stocks last
    Excellent. I'll put it with my original one.

Well I wonder how this thread will go? Certainly not in the same direction as the numerous others with the same half dozen or so people saying the same thing?!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Well I wonder how this thread will go? Certainly not in the same direction as the numerous others with the same half dozen or so people saying the same thing?!
    I should imagine so, with you defending the indefensible.
    I do feel your pain though, as you seem fairly moderate and reasonable in most arguments, it's just the cards they deal you are tough at the moment!

More nonsense from Truss.

No-one is against growth, in fact, pretty much everyone understands you need economic growth, improvements to productivity and a better spread of wealth and resources between all of us. not everyone understands is that having 10 people own all the worlds resources isn't benefitting the other 7,999,999,990 of us.

Child: mum, what's trickle down economics?

Mum: firstly, the wealthy get all the cash

Child: then what?

Mum: that's it. they get to keep it all.

Quote Originally Posted by DryCleaning View Post

No-one is against growth, in fact, pretty much everyone understands you need economic growth, improvements to productivity and a better spread of wealth and resources between all of us. not everyone understands is that having 10 people own all the worlds resources isn't benefitting the other 7,999,999,990 of us.
    They're trying to position themselves so that ANYTHING you disagree with means you're anti-growth.
    I don't think it will wash this time, people can see them for what they are. Hopefully at least

I should imagine so, with you defending the indefensible.
    I do feel your pain though, as you seem fairly moderate and reasonable in most arguments, it's just the cards they deal you are tough at the moment!
    I'll leave you guys to it then. Enjoy the circle jerk!

So, you don't think the anti growth coalition is a phrase dreamed up by her speech writers in an attempt to rally her party against some, apparent, enemy again? Just because people who are opposed to the Government can recognise it for what it is doesn't mean it's something more noble that we're ignoring.

I'll leave you guys to it then. Enjoy the circle jerk!
    Appreciate you don't share the same views as what's become the majority. That's bound to become frustrating.
    It's this government though that's sending people like me who would be fairly centrist in their views further left.

Appreciate you don't share the same views as what's become the majority. That's bound to become frustrating.
    It's this government though that's sending people like me who would be fairly centrist in their views further left.
    I literally said in the last week that if there was an election tomorrow I would vote Labour.

It's the endless insults, bigotry and lack of recognition of difficult decisions, reality of imperfect options, reality of situation in different countries etc that's annoying. It's endless 'it's the govt's fault' stuff.

Anyway, this thread will just descend into that, so like I said..enjoy!

I literally said in the last week that if there was an election tomorrow I would vote Labour.

It's the endless insults, bigotry and lack of recognition of difficult decisions, reality of imperfect options, reality of situation in different countries etc that's annoying. It's endless 'it's the govt's fault' stuff.

I get where you're coming from. However i'd just point out that I wouldn't insult you or show any of the above (although you seem to get it from elsewhere) and understand there aren't any simple solutions.
    The problem that I have is that if you gave this government 10 cards with different solutions on, they'd go for the one put in there as a joke. That's probably why you've come to the decision that if there were an election now, you'd vote labour.
    I've never seen anything quite like it, hence I do feel quite strongly about it and will do until we get a more moderate government.

Spot on

I'm Anti-Truss and I claim my £5

I agree with you James on the insults. Posters like Sludge Factory make me cringe with his puerile comments, they add nothing and just play into political opponents hands IMHO. It also gives you scope to add bigotry to your list which is, of course, nonsense.

I don't think anyone doesn't recognise difficult decisions and the oft cry of "it's the govt's fault" is quite simply because it frequently is.

On the subject of growth, the biggest "anti growth coalition" are people who still support Brexit. Joining the CU and SM will have a huge positive effect on growth.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude Blue View Post
    I agree with you James on the insults. Posters like Sludge Factory make me cringe with his puerile comments, they add nothing and just play into political opponents hands IMHO. It also gives you scope to add bigotry to your list which is, of course, nonsense.

I don't think anyone doesn't recognise difficult decisions and the oft cry of "it's the govt's fault" is quite simply because it frequently is.

On the subject of growth, the biggest "anti growth coalition" are people who still support Brexit. Joining the CU and SM will have a huge positive effect on growth.
    Couldn’t agree more.

I believe in a fair society that protects the vulnerable, encourages business, prioritises education and the nhs, where freedom of speech and freedom of movement are allowed.

I am a card carrying member of the anti growth coalition.
    Do you know how hard it is to get into another country? I'd love a bit of freedom of movement if I could just turn up in an any other country and tell them I've come to live there, and ask where is my accommodation and living expenses. Unfortunately, I would probably end up in jail.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Do you know how hard it is to get into another country.
    To give this context are you looking to escape Tory Britain or just lamenting on the freedoms brexit took from you?

To give this context are you looking to escape Tory Britain or just lamenting on the freedoms brexit took from you?
    Leaving Britain to live in the EU would be more of the same!

Spot on, the idea that there is a huge (if Truss is to be believed) “coalition” actively working to take us into, and then keep us in, recession is laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Leaving Britain to live in the EU would be more of the same!
    More of the same, if you mean pre Brexit, sounds pretty good at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    More of the same, if you mean pre Brexit, sounds pretty good at the moment.
    I think people have forgotten what 2008 - 2015 was like.

The west collectively has been pretty much stagnant since the global financial crisis

Prolonged period of austerity
    Unemployment was double what it is now
    UK minimum wage was under £6, currently £9.50
    Inflation was lower, but was still at a (then) 25 year high
    GDP declined for 5 quarters in a row in 2009
    FTSE crashed to 4,000pts. It's currently above 7,000
    Annual wage growth varied between -3 and +3% (it's currently 5%)
    Productivity was stagnant
    £ crashed 60p against the dollar