+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Are you in the “anti growth coalition”?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Are you in the “anti growth coalition”?

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    In all fairness, leave James alone. We've had some words and hopefully sorted out our differences.

I'm hoping to.learn from him as much as he.learns from me, and I'm learning to tone down my vehemence.

I think deep down he's an allright guy. I know you are too Doucus. Let's give James some respect and try to connect with each other more tolerably and maybe with more fun.
    Yes, this. I disagree with most of his views but I think JamesWales is probably a decent guy to have a beer with, and to give him credit he never (or very rarely) resorts to abuse in reply to some of the pelters he gets.

That said James you do have this slightly skewed view of yourself in that you're totally unbiased which you clearly aren't, and have a tendency to come into threads with this "guys guys guys, it's cute that you've been discussing it but the reality is actually this" vibe which, although I'm sure not deliberate, is f**king irritating

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Yes, this. I disagree with most of his views but I think JamesWales is probably a decent guy to have a beer with, and to give him credit he never (or very rarely) resorts to abuse in reply to some of the pelters he gets.

That said James you do have this slightly skewed view of yourself in that you're totally unbiased which you clearly aren't, and have a tendency to come into threads with this "guys guys guys, it's cute that you've been discussing it but the reality is actually this" vibe which, although I'm sure not deliberate, is f**king irritating
    ....I'm taking antihistamines just to cope and slathering my emotions in corticosteroids.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post

Cheers Delmbox, and thanks to Dorcus too. I am happy to take most criticism on the chin - none of us are perfect but what isn't on is the wild personal insults unrelated to anything anyone has posted. I really do think things have gone too far of late. It's not pleasant.

What frustrates me on here, is the lack of illustration of points, which I always think is important to back up opinions, but there we go. We all have different perspectives.

I do also think that the median opinion on here, most oft expressed when creating posts especially is one way to the left of centre..thats absolutely fine, but it is the case that to push back against that does usually mean challenging the left - I maintain that I would do the same if the CCMB political compass was disproportionally skewed in a rightward direction.

Irritating is not a good word mind, and I will try harder. And yes, always up for a beer..just name the wetherspoons.

Anywaaay, hope everyone had a lovely weekend. Thats what counts.