+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Are you in the “anti growth coalition”?

Re: Are you in the “anti growth coalition”?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I think people have forgotten what 2008 - 2015 was like.

The west collectively has been pretty much stagnant since the global financial crisis

Prolonged period of austerity
    Unemployment was double what it is now
    UK minimum wage was under £6, currently £9.50
    Inflation was lower, but was still at a (then) 25 year high
    GDP declined for 5 quarters in a row in 2009
    FTSE crashed to 4,000pts. It's currently above 7,000
    Annual wage growth varied between -3 and +3% (it's currently 5%)
    Productivity was stagnant
    £ crashed 60p against the dollar
    You can't disagree too much with this and realistically, you'd want it to be pre-Brexit, pre-Tory rule and obviously pre-austerity

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Do you know how hard it is to get into another country? I'd love a bit of freedom of movement if I could just turn up in an any other country and tell them I've come to live there, and ask where is my accommodation and living expenses. Unfortunately, I would probably end up in jail.
    Clearly you know freedom of movement is the entire purpose of Schengen, and it seems to work perfectly well in all 26 countries (some of which have better welfare systems than the UK).

The west collectively has been pretty much stagnant since the global financial crisis

and post 2016 the sun has shone every day and no child has ever gone hungry.

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    You can't disagree too much with this and realistically, you'd want it to be pre-Brexit, pre-Tory rule and obviously pre-austerity
    Yes, I also wish Haarland was playing for Cardiff City in the Champions League, I was banging Megan Fox and a big mac and chips was good for me but the real world kicks in, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by DryCleaning View Post
    and post 2016 the sun has shone every day and no child has ever gone hungry.
    Strawman argument. I'm not saying it has been such

Yes, I also wish Haarland was playing for Cardiff City in the Champions League, I was banging Megan Fox and a big mac and chips was good for me but the real world kicks in, unfortunately.
    It was a real world when Labour were in government and we were in the EU. But if we could have that AND Haaland up front i'd take that.
    You can't criticise people for saying it's all the government's fault then when you explain why it's all the government's fault tell them they're in dreamland. The "anti-growth coalition" is simply their next pack of lies to peddle.
    Unfortunately we are where we are, and the first step to getting this shit show right is getting them out of government. If you want a labour government next (which you said is what you would vote for), defending the Tories every move isn't the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by DryCleaning View Post
    Clearly you know freedom of movement is the entire purpose of Schengen, and it seems to work perfectly well in all 26 countries (some of which have better welfare systems than the UK).
    That's great, but I want to go to the countries that won't let foreigners have the same rights as local citizens, i.e. the right to reside, work and own property, and not have to register with the local police!

So, when in the seven year period you’re describing were ALL of these things happening at the same time?

Even this Government wouldn’t crow about wage growth being 5 per cent when inflation is almost twice that.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    So, when in the seven year period you’re describing were ALL of these things happening at the same time?

Even this Government wouldn’t crow about wage growth being 5 per cent when inflation is almost twice that.
    Sorry, this message should have addressed to James Wales.

First Team

What role did the Tories’ austerity budgets play in all that?

James Wales is stringing some of your floating voter types along

Forget this I might vote labour crap .....hes a raving hardcore tory

Every thread about his beloved tory party .....he's on here defending their corner with yeah but what about etc etc cobblers

He's as slippery as another eel like tory boy who used to come on here

It's almost as if ....

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    What role did the Tories’ austerity budgets play in all that?
    5 years , at least

That's great, but I want to go to the countries that won't let foreigners have the same rights as local citizens, i.e. the right to reside, work and own property, and not have to register with the local police!
    We'd like you to move to a country with no Internet yet here we are.

It was a real world when Labour were in government and we were in the EU. But if we could have that AND Haaland up front i'd take that.
    You can't criticise people for saying it's all the government's fault then when you explain why it's all the government's fault tell them they're in dreamland. The "anti-growth coalition" is simply their next pack of lies to peddle.
    Unfortunately we are where we are, and the first step to getting this shit show right is getting them out of government. If you want a labour government next (which you said is what you would vote for), defending the Tories every move isn't the way to go.
    He's like thatchers boyfriend

Bernard Ingham

Won't have a bad word said about them

Quote Originally Posted by Claude Blue View Post
    I agree with you James on the insults. Posters like Sludge Factory make me cringe with his puerile comments, they add nothing and just play into political opponents hands IMHO. It also gives you scope to add bigotry to your list which is, of course, nonsense.

I don't think anyone doesn't recognise difficult decisions and the oft cry of "it's the govt's fault" is quite simply because it frequently is.

On the subject of growth, the biggest "anti growth coalition" are people who still support Brexit. Joining the CU and SM will have a huge positive effect on growth.
    You fabian You

It’s not defending the Tories, it’s seeking the truth, because that’s how you solve problems.

On CCMB at the moment we have threads entitled: “The Tories are utter twats” and “Rod Stewart Tory Scum arrives at conference”

Yesterday on one thread, one user in 24 hours said the following: "An absolute pig of a woman", "twisted, verminous, item of trash", "ghoulish right wing freaks", "certain individuals who disgrace the human race."
    "contemptuous behaviour of a chancer appealing to the base nature of the lowest of the low."

This isn’t normal.

On most threads, there are some people who will blame every last thing on the UK government, taking no account of local governments, councils, other countries, the environment, global markets, wars, pandemics, a huge variety of economic factors. Governments are not the cause of every issue in every country and nor are they the fixers of them. Some, yes. All, no.

In every country there are populists (for that is what many on here are) who peddle the lie that it’s all the govts fault and that in removing them, the problems disappear. It simply isn’t so.

The first step to solving problems is recognising that, not just ‘changing the government’. Spain has a centre-left govt, currently way behind in the polls. Germany has a centre-left govt, currently way behind in the polls Sweden had one and it just got kicked out. Italy had one and it just got kicked out. Jacinda Adern is behind in the polls in New Zealand despite her landslide win, inflation is far higher in other countries, some countries have a huge unemployment problem, some stock markets are in massive decline..I could go on and cite a dozen more examples. There are problems EVERYWHERE, some worse than here, some not so bad.

That’s the way of things. I’m not saying that the govt is perfect, far from it. I’m saying things should be looked at holistically. Unfortunately, when faced with a series of posters who only post from one direction, restoring balance involves questioning those things and presenting a different argument or at least pointing out to someone who only posts negative things that actually there are positives too.

In the unlikely event that numerous threads on here insulting anyone who voted Labour and blaming everything on the Welsh Labour Govt, I would do the exact same in reverse.

And why? Because the truth is more interesting than bluster. And because this stuff matters and if there is a global or external cause to a problem, then just changing a government is probably pointless. Just like if a rash is caused by an infection, taking headache tablets is pointless.

The difference between what people often post on here and the reality of the situation is often very stark indeed, and there is nothing wrong with pointing that out. It’s a much better use of my time than coming on here, claiming the world is going to hell, dropping endless insults and blaming everything on something that often isn’t so.

Why would you not want people who can contribute to this country to have the same rights as you?

Because you can’t in certain countries?

Because they’re taking our jobs!?

What is it?

On a good note though you don’t need to worry about it. We’re doing a good job as a country to make sure noone wants to come here

What is this new fangled 'Anti Growth Coalition'?

I don't want to join if it means I have to give up my treasured membership of 'The Enemy Within'.

It’s not defending the Tories, it’s seeking the truth, because that’s how you solve problems.

On CCMB at the moment we have threads entitled: “The Tories are utter twats” and “Rod Stewart Tory Scum arrives at conference”

Yesterday on one thread, one user in 24 hours said the following: "An absolute pig of a woman", "twisted, verminous, item of trash", "ghoulish right wing freaks", "certain individuals who disgrace the human race."
    "contemptuous behaviour of a chancer appealing to the base nature of the lowest of the low."

This isn’t normal.

On most threads, there are some people who will blame every last thing on the UK government, taking no account of local governments, councils, other countries, the environment, global markets, wars, pandemics, a huge variety of economic factors. Governments are not the cause of every issue in every country and nor are they the fixers of them. Some, yes. All, no.

In every country there are populists (for that is what many on here are) who peddle the lie that it’s all the govts fault and that in removing them, the problems disappear. It simply isn’t so.

The first step to solving problems is recognising that, not just ‘changing the government’. Spain has a centre-left govt, currently way behind in the polls. Germany has a centre-left govt, currently way behind in the polls Sweden had one and it just got kicked out. Italy had one and it just got kicked out. Jacinda Adern is behind in the polls in New Zealand despite her landslide win, inflation is far higher in other countries, some countries have a huge unemployment problem, some stock markets are in massive decline..I could go on and cite a dozen more examples. There are problems EVERYWHERE, some worse than here, some not so bad.

That’s the way of things. I’m not saying that the govt is perfect, far from it. I’m saying things should be looked at holistically. Unfortunately, when faced with a series of posters who only post from one direction, restoring balance involves questioning those things and presenting a different argument or at least pointing out to someone who only posts negative things that actually there are positives too.

In the unlikely event that numerous threads on here insulting anyone who voted Labour and blaming everything on the Welsh Labour Govt, I would do the exact same in reverse.

And why? Because the truth is more interesting than bluster. And because this stuff matters and if there is a global or external cause to a problem, then just changing a government is probably pointless. Just like if a rash is caused by an infection, taking headache tablets is pointless.

The difference between what people often post on here and the reality of the situation is often very stark indeed, and there is nothing wrong with pointing that out. It’s a much better use of my time than coming on here, claiming the world is going to hell, dropping endless insults and blaming everything on something that often isn’t so.
    I don't agree with the insults, and haven't offered you any. Surely it's possible to wildly disagree with someone but still respect their opinion.

You're right, there are plenty of factors that are affecting the times we live in. Sadly, this government over the last 12 years has gone out of it's way through their policy to exasperate difficulties for the vast majority of people. Low, medium, high earners are worse off now, and it's because of their policy. Only the highest earners will benefit from this government. They have made this abundantly clear. That is why there is so much outrage towards this government. They are the single biggest issue facing this country. The problems won't disappear in replacing them. Some of the damage that they have done is beyond repair. But it will be the first step towards repairing them.

Out of interest, if you think changing government would probably be pointless why would you vote Labour if there was a general election now? Surely, you'd vote to keep things as they are.

This isn’t normal.

Which version of the party thats been in Government for the past dozen years are you talking about there? There’s been a few of them and the leader of the anti anti growth coalition was a diehard supporter of all of them.

Why would you not want people who can contribute to this country to have the same rights as you?

Because you can’t in certain countries?

Because they’re taking our jobs!?

What is it?

On a good note though you don’t need to worry about it. We’re doing a good job as a country to make sure noone wants to come here
    Why do you mention this country when I am talking about where I would like to live, and how they make it incredibly difficult/virtually impossible to do just that. Equality and compassion seems to be a one way street in the wider world.

One part of the economy is booming, with sales of this tee shirt!

AGC T shirt.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    One part of the economy is booming, with sales of this tee shirt!

AGC T shirt.jpg
    I so want one.

This isn’t normal.

What's the weather like in Tunbridge Wells?

Why do you mention this country when I am talking about where I would like to live, and how they make it incredibly difficult/virtually impossible to do just that. Equality and compassion seems to be a one way street in the wider world.
    Which country would you most like to live in?