+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 3 Hot Dogs 2 Cokes 37 bucks

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

3 Hot Dogs 2 Cokes 37 bucks

On Talk Sport that was the cost at a HAMMERS game

Re: 3 Hot Dogs 2 Cokes 37 bucks

What’s the dollar/pound exchange rate at the moment?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    What’s the dollar/pound exchange rate at the moment?
    getting close to parity

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    getting close to parity
    Must be, looks like they take dollars at West Ham’s ground.

I paid $9.80 for a bottle of juice yesterday. I had no idea it cost that much until my card was actually in the reader, the price just flashed up. I said to the kid behind the counter "did that just say $9.80?" he just said "yup".

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I paid $9.80 for a bottle of juice yesterday. I had no idea it cost that much until my card was actually in the reader, the price just flashed up. I said to the kid behind the counter "did that just say $9.80?" he just said "yup".
    The US is expensive not helped by the weak pound. I stupidly paid $72 for four pints at SFO.

$9 for a hot dog at the baseball
    $14 for a can of beer

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    The US is expensive not helped by the weak pound. I stupidly paid $72 for four pints at SFO.
    I thought disney were pricey recently, $12 a beer and $18 a cocktail

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    The cost of wanting rather than needing

No one has to buy it whatever the price

fully loaded hotdog £8.50

bottle of coke £4.10

to be fair, its roughly todays prices when at events

What does a hotdog that's not fully loaded look like?

bottle of coke £4.10

to be fair, its roughly todays prices when at events
    £8.50 for a hot dog is bad enough, but £4.19 for a bottle of coke is obscene.
    that shite costs pennies to make, probably less than 10p for the bottle and contents

Never understood why people want to buy that rubbish

Just noticed that you can't take food or drink into the Principality Stadium for the Supercross today. Went to the Wales game at CCS on Thursday with food and flasks of hot chocolate as well as a water bottle for taking meds. F*cking ripoff prices for junk food and drink. They can do one.

I’ve never seen the logic in charging these ridiculous prices. There’s tellies everywhere down the City, charge a reasonable price for stuff, get fans in early on a Saturday to watch the early Premier League or Championship game.

International

I’ve never seen the logic in charging these ridiculous prices. There’s tellies everywhere down the City, charge a reasonable price for stuff, get fans in early on a Saturday to watch the early Premier League or Championship game.
    It's called making a profit, most people still buy it anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    It's called making a profit, most people still buy it anyway!
    There's making a profit, and then there's ripping off a captive audience who are short on options.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    There's making a profit, and then there's ripping off a captive audience who are short on options.
    You can't really blame them. People turn up week after week paying the insane prices of the burgers etc etc despite them being that insane price the last time. Generally speaking games aren't even at a mealtime, and if you can't pack something then there's loads of places on the way to the ground that would be cheaper.
    There's a queue of people longer than you could possibly serve in 15 minutes at half time. People actually miss parts of the games to make sure they get some chips laced with gold
    It's the people paying the prices I despair at, dull enough to pay, not the people charging them.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Just noticed that you can't take food or drink into the Principality Stadium for the Supercross today. Went to the Wales game at CCS on Thursday with food and flasks of hot chocolate as well as a water bottle for taking meds. F*cking ripoff prices for junk food and drink. They can do one.
    Did it make you supercross?

There were a few families with two kids buying burgers, drinks, sweets, crisps etc at CSS on Thursday and I estimated they were spending £50/£60 on top of the price of ticket and travel. Crazy money.

There were a few families with two kids buying burgers, drinks, sweets, crisps etc at CSS on Thursday and I estimated they were spending £50/£60 on top of the price of ticket and travel. Crazy money.
    It might be that I’m extremely tight but I’ve never understood the logic in this. I always go with enough food and drink to keep the kids going for a few days beyond the game. Even where I’ve been caught out for time I’ll go to McDonald’s or the burger van on sloper road (nice fella that city fan). It’s not like games are even lunch time

Surely people expect the high prices? And judging by the queues they don’t mind. Just one thing thats always puzzled me. In my mind the money wasted on that is another day out another time. More money than sense, more money than me that’s for sure

When my kids were younger, they would ask for food and drink at the game. I told the to get ****ed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    When my kids were younger, they would ask for food and drink at the game. I told the to get ****ed.
    At the game? I used to do that in the house.

At the game? I used to do that in the house.

37 bucks sounds a bit deer, who's got that kind of doe?