+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 3 Hot Dogs 2 Cokes 37 bucks

Re: 3 Hot Dogs 2 Cokes 37 bucks

For anyone who interested what the prices/quality of food at football ground around the UK and other countries the Footy Scran Twitter account is worth a browse.

https://twitter.com/FootyScran

A recent "highlight" was this supposed Cheeseburger from Peterborough United, at £4.20.

Quote Originally Posted by celticknight View Post
    For anyone who interested what the prices/quality of food at football ground around the UK and other countries the Footy Scran Twitter account is worth a browse.

https://twitter.com/FootyScran

A recent "highlight" was this supposed Cheeseburger from Peterborough United, at £4.20.

I can't post pics, but on Facebook there's a sausage roll at York City that's been heated up so much that the wrapper has melted to it

FB: Football Away Days Club - Sausage roll at York City.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    fully loaded hotdog £8.50
    What does a hotdog that's not fully loaded look like?

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    £11.30 here at Wigan for a can of Carling and two pies.
    Not too bad, I'd be fuming if I was charged $9.80 for a bottle of juice though, immediate refund request that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    Not too bad, I'd be fuming if I was charged $9.80 for a bottle of juice though, immediate refund request that.
    Especially if you only had Euros on you

Supporters being taken for a ride. We need to collectivise and boycott the refreshments bar and work towards getting cheaper match day tickets. While i'm there, we should organise and try to reduce away ticket prices. 20 is plenty

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I paid $9.80 for a bottle of juice yesterday. I had no idea it cost that much until my card was actually in the reader, the price just flashed up. I said to the kid behind the counter "did that just say $9.80?" he just said "yup".
    The US is expensive not helped by the weak pound. I stupidly paid $72 for four pints at SFO.

$9 for a hot dog at the baseball
    $14 for a can of beer

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    The US is expensive not helped by the weak pound. I stupidly paid $72 for four pints at SFO.
    I thought disney were pricey recently, $12 a beer and $18 a cocktail

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    There were a few families with two kids buying burgers, drinks, sweets, crisps etc at CSS on Thursday and I estimated they were spending £50/£60 on top of the price of ticket and travel. Crazy money.
    When my kids were younger, they would ask for food and drink at the game. I told the to get ****ed.

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    $14 for a can of beer
    How big was the can, 3 litres I hope?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    When my kids were younger, they would ask for food and drink at the game. I told the to get ****ed.
    At the game? I used to do that in the house.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    At the game? I used to do that in the house.

Quote Originally Posted by 79blue View Post
    In the early 80’s I used pay 50p for the Ninian Park special return bus trip from Blackwood. On the gate it was £1 with a dole card (UB40) to get into the Bob Bank and about a £1 for a pie and and a Bovril at half time. A day out down the City for £2.50
    Do you remember roughly how much were you taking home a week at the time out of interest?

International

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Maybe it's stagflation?
    Have a hart!

International

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Do you remember roughly how much were you taking home a week at the time out of interest?
    £3 - 23p/week. lol But he wasn't takin it home, he had a UB40 so they were delivering it to him!!

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    On Talk Sport that was the cost at a HAMMERS game
    The title of this thread sounds like the in game population of the toilets at the game yesterday and what they were taking or eating

I was unemployed at the time, on supplementary benefit which if I can remember was approximately £17 a fortnight. Some how I used to travel to away games regularly at that time as well.

Some of my mates were working in the pit at that time and were earning about £100 per week, which at that time was about the average wage

I was unemployed at the time, on supplementary benefit which if I can remember was approximately £17 a fortnight. Some how I used to travel to away games regularly at that time as well.

Some of my mates were working in the pit at that time and were earning about £100 per week, which at that time was about the average wage
    £17 a fortnight!

£17 a fortnight!
    During that period I remember getting my giro cheque for £17 on a Thursday. I had a few pints down in the pub and gambled and lost all of it on the slot machines in Sun Valley arcade, Blackwood on the same day.

I can remember kicking myself every day for the next fortnight. It taught me a good lesson and I never gambled again

During that period I remember getting my giro cheque for £17 on a Thursday. I had a few pints down in the pub and gambled and lost all of it on the slot machines in Sun Valley arcade, Blackwood on the same day.

I can remember kicking myself every day for the next fortnight. It taught me a good lesson and I never gambled again
    No bingo playing, or purchasing of scratch cards or lottery tickets over the next 40 years, nor a cheeky few quid on a Derby or Grand National runner?

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    No bingo playing, or purchasing of scratch cards or lottery tickets over the next 40 years, nor a cheeky few quid on a Derby or Grand National runner?
    Correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    37 bucks sounds a bit deer, who's got that kind of doe?
    I'd only have paid something like that if Sol Bambi was still playing for us

It is a lot of doe mind

International

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I’ve never seen the logic in charging these ridiculous prices. There’s tellies everywhere down the City, charge a reasonable price for stuff, get fans in early on a Saturday to watch the early Premier League or Championship game.
    It's called making a profit, most people still buy it anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    It's called making a profit, most people still buy it anyway!
    There's making a profit, and then there's ripping off a captive audience who are short on options.