Anyone have any knowledge about Royal Mail? I ordered some glasses online a week or so ago from a company I have used several times before. My last order with them was about 4 years ago and, then, I asked for delivery to a different address where I was staying for a few days. I had an email this morning saying my new specs have been dispatched to this different address. Obviously had I been aware of this, and I do check for things like that, this wouldn't have happened. I have no idea who lives there and, as it is a few hundred miles away, I have no way of doing anything about it. The company have fulfulled their side of the sale and told me it's up to me to sort it.

Royal Mail say they will offer delivery to a safe space, nearby address or to the local post office. None of those are any use to me. As things stand I can only hope the new owners at that address return the glasses as not living at this address, otherwise I've lost them. Surely this must happen from time to time and there must be some way of sorting this out with Royal Mail, even if it means a fee?