+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How good is Harris

How good is Harris

I’m totally on the fence with him, at the start of the season for me he was no more than a sub because of his energy.

He clearly works very hard, presses well and generally a tidy player. If you look at his goals they are pretty good finishes , goal midweek was brilliant. Other times his finishes are lacking despite doing all the hard work.

He does seem to be getting better and better, for me he has to become a regular scorer to go to the next level and he has the capability.

He’s 24 in a few months so I think nows his time to shine.

Re: How good is Harris

He often takes the wrong option and misses easy chances in the box. At 24 he should be the finished article by now. He can score occasional goals and works hard but the end product is usually lacking.

He’s got to stop looking for free kicks and pelanties

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    He often takes the wrong option and misses easy chances in the box. At 24 he should be the finished article by now. He can score occasional goals and works hard but the end product is usually lacking.
    Blasphemy.

He's not really a striker, he's not a wide player or a high line midfield player. He doesn't really possess any defining qualities apart from his work rate. He's certainly not a bad player though, just not really good enough at this level. He isn't really going to improve a great deal, he isn't all of a sudden going to become more composed, more intelligent etc. He'll do alright though, because of his honesty, work rate, and the odd flash of quality. If he wasn't as enthusiastic and willing as he is now, then he wouldn't be playing in the championship. That's all it takes sometimes.

Please, stop talking the players, team and club down. Why have you always got to be so negative David?

Is he a bit inconsistent in front of goal? Yes but his all round game is descent enough. He's hard working and wants the game. Personallly I think he's more thank good enough at this level at least to be in and around the squad. He certainly looks more dangerous than Watters and Whyte.

A run of games will do him well and give him confidence.

WOL have him rated 9 today. Seriously? Higher than Robinson and the same as Niels Nkounkou & Andy Rinomhota. Mad.

I've never rated him highly but suddenly I'm getting to feel happier when he starts a game than when he doesn't.

Listen. I know the bloke is very blinkered and winds a fair few up on here but, whoever this is, please give dml1954 his laptop back.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Listen. I know the bloke is very blinkered and winds a fair few up on here but, whoever this is, please give dml1954 his laptop back.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    WOL have him rated 9 today. Seriously? Higher than Robinson and the same as Niels Nkounkou & Andy Rinomhota. Mad.
    Thought nine was over the top, but, apart from the first half miss when he could have teed up Robinson for what I’m pretty sure would have been a second goal for him, I thought Harris played well - every one talks about Colwill and the World Cup squad, but I think Mark Harris is playing himself into it with his performances this season.

He needs to score more, it's as simple as that really
    He is an impact player and theres nothing wrong with having him as an option, he works hard which is the minimum you'd expect, but let's be fair, if he stood on the halfway line for nearly 90 minutes and popped up with 2 goals we'd be happier with him

He is one of those you ‘want’ to like but needs to produce more. If he wasn’t Welsh we wouldn’t be that interested in him I think. It was the same with Darcy Blake.

Quote Originally Posted by olderblue View Post
    He needs to score more, it's as simple as that really
    He is an impact player and theres nothing wrong with having him as an option, he works hard which is the minimum you'd expect, but let's be fair, if he stood on the halfway line for nearly 90 minutes and popped up with 2 goals we'd be happier with him
    It wouldn't bother me but for a lot of our fanbase they like to see players running around a lot and wasting energy. I agree that if he wasn't Welsh we'd see him through different eyes though.

He’s the sort of player that’s good to have as a squad player at our level, but if we have serious ambitions at gaining promotion then we would need better. I think he could carve out a good career at the top end of League 1

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Please, stop talking the players, team and club down. Why have you always got to be so negative David?
    Isn’t his name Rodney?

I like him and he has some great moments, but I think Issac Davies does a similar job slightly better

International

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    Isn’t his name Rodney?
    So why does everyone call him dave?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    So why does everyone call him dave?
    Get with it Trig.

Harris has to play at the moment. He’s getting every last drop out of his ability, and he’s still improving. Hope he keeps going

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    He rarely seems to lose the ball. Has a great first touch, no matter which lart of his body he uses, and then distributes a good ball from it.
    He’s not an out and out goal scoring striker. To me he’s more of a Sheringham type player, great in the hole behind a front man, works well with just about any parter and cleverly drifts across the pitch to use wide channels.
    I like him a lot. But you cannot play jim up top on his own.
    He came on for Wales late in our Qualifying campaign. Forget which game. But he stretched the opposition and set up a vital goal, looking quality throughout the cameo spell he had in that match.

Another observation from yesterday was Etete did not have the same impact. The ball did not stick to Etete in the same way when it was fired up to or into him as it did with Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    He’s got to stop looking for free kicks and pelanties
    That shrug he does almost every time he loses the ball to make out he was fouled is annoying

Quote Originally Posted by Taffster View Post
    He rarely seems to lose the ball. Has a great first touch, no matter which lart of his body he uses, and then distributes a good ball from it.
    He’s not an out and out goal scoring striker. To me he’s more of a Sheringham type player, great in the hole behind a front man, works well with just about any parter and cleverly drifts across the pitch to use wide channels.
    I like him a lot. But you cannot play jim up top on his own.
    He came on for Wales late in our Qualifying campaign. Forget which game. But he stretched the opposition and set up a vital goal, looking quality throughout the cameo spell he had in that match.

Another observation from yesterday was Etete did not have the same impact. The ball did not stick to Etete in the same way when it was fired up to or into him as it did with Harris.
    Sheringham type player? Harris? The one that plays for us?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Harris has to play at the moment. He’s getting every last drop out of his ability, and he’s still improving. Hope he keeps going
    Agreed. On paper he's the exact kind of player fans should love: local, hard working with a good goal in him, I'll never understand the stick he gets

A far better option than Watters & Etete