+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How good is Harris

Re: How good is Harris

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Agreed. On paper he's the exact kind of player fans should love: local, hard working with a good goal in him, I'll never understand the stick he gets

A far better option than Watters & Etete
    Harris doesn't get any stick, certainly at the ground. You're a better option than watters and Etete at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffster View Post
    He rarely seems to lose the ball. Has a great first touch, no matter which lart of his body he uses, and then distributes a good ball from it.
    He’s not an out and out goal scoring striker. To me he’s more of a Sheringham type player, great in the hole behind a front man, works well with just about any parter and cleverly drifts across the pitch to use wide channels.
    I like him a lot. But you cannot play jim up top on his own.
    He came on for Wales late in our Qualifying campaign. Forget which game. But he stretched the opposition and set up a vital goal, looking quality throughout the cameo spell he had in that match.

Another observation from yesterday was Etete did not have the same impact. The ball did not stick to Etete in the same way when it was fired up to or into him as it did with Harris.
    Good post. Gives me something to think about and see things differently. I like that.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Agreed. On paper he's the exact kind of player fans should love: local, hard working with a good goal in him, I'll never understand the stick he gets

A far better option than Watters & Etete
    He's not getting any stick, in my defence I think I was just pointlessly commenting on the fact that he scored a 9. I do think he's peaked as a player and we do have a bias towards Welsh players (I can own up to that) he's just not my kind of player. What does that mean? I don't really know. It's just a personal thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Harris has to play at the moment. He’s getting every last drop out of his ability, and he’s still improving. Hope he keeps going
    The only bit I'm not convinced about.

Good, but not good enough.

If he doesn’t get 10-15 goals this season I don’t think he’s kicked on. I hope he does though.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    The only bit I'm not convinced about.
    Agreed, he's a dog, makes up for his lack of ability in certain areas by working and running his bollocks off. He's decent at it as well. He's not a bad player by any stretch, but not the type of player who is going to show us something new, he's past that in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Good, but not good enough.
    He was good enough against Blackburn the other day

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    If he doesn’t get 10-15 goals this season I don’t think he’s kicked on. I hope he does though.
    I think that’s the key, I’m not sure he will get much “better” but if he can add more goals consistently then we have a good played.

More than good enough for a mid table championship squad. Not a world beater but works hard enough and has enough qualities to be involved at this level I’d say.

I like him, not the type of player to build the team around but he’s done well this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Q View Post
    Sheringham type player? Harris? The one that plays for us?
    That’ll be him.

I’m not saying Harris is on the same level as Sheringham. Just that he’s that kind of player.

You’d play Sheringham up top. You’d class him as striker. But he was not a proflic goal scorer. More someone who would bag a few, but create plenty for others.

To me that’s what Harris is, and he’s actually quite good at it.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    He only needs to score five this season to show improvement as a goalscorer, so it seems to me that if he were to score, say, eight, that would be a signal of a definite improvement in his game as getting more minutes on the pitch would be a contributing factor towards it.

That’ll be him.

I’m not saying Harris is on the same level as Sheringham. Just that he’s that kind of player.

You’d play Sheringham up top. You’d class him as striker. But he was not a proflic goal scorer. More someone who would bag a few, but create plenty for others.

Sheringham scored nearly 300 goals in 750 games, and probably set up the same amount due to his footballing brain. I like your posts, but you can't make any comparison between Harris and Sheringham. Surely?

That’ll be him.

hell of a take this

A very bad way of saying he’s more of a 10 than a 9 maybe

He's not getting any stick, in my defence I think I was just pointlessly commenting on the fact that he scored a 9. I do think he's peaked as a player and we do have a bias towards Welsh players (I can own up to that) he's just not my kind of player. What does that mean? I don't really know. It's just a personal thing.
    He gets a lot of stick on social media, so much so he's commented on it recently

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Sheringham scored nearly 300 goals in 750 games, and probably set up the same amount due to his footballing brain. I like your posts, but you can't make any comparison between Harris and Sheringham. Surely?
    I can make the comparison 🤣

I’m not saying Harris is as good as Sheringham, just that he plays that kind of role. And at Championship level Harris isn’t bad at it.

Can’t think who else is a good example
    of someone who plays that position/role. Sheringham is the one that is strong in my mind.

I can make the comparison ��

I’m not saying Harris is as good as Sheringham, just that he plays that kind of role. And at Championship level Harris isn’t bad at it.

Can’t think who else is a good example
    of someone who plays that position/role. Sheringham is the one that is strong in my mind.
    Don't worry mate. They'll maul you like a pack of hyenas on here for that kind of comparison. I've got plenty of scars.

Don't worry mate. They'll maul you like a pack of hyenas on here for that kind of comparison. I've got plenty of scars.
    Been on here since the dial up days. I know the score 🤣

Been on here since the dial up days. I know the score ��
    It wasn't meant as a disparaging reply to your post

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    It wasn't meant as a disparaging reply to your post
    👍🏻

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    He was good enough against Blackburn the other day
    So what? It's a 46 game season. He wasn't good enough the game before or the game after.

So what? It's a 46 game season. He wasn't good enough the game before or the game after.
    You’re right, all our other players are a consistent 8/10 every game

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    You’re right, all our other players are a consistent 8/10 every game
    I am right.

Your attempt at sarcasm is weak.

The thread is "How good is Harris?"

Other players are not relevant.

I am right.
    Well as someone who sees him play I respectfully disagree