+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Royal Mail help

Royal Mail help

Anyone have any knowledge about Royal Mail? I ordered some glasses online a week or so ago from a company I have used several times before. My last order with them was about 4 years ago and, then, I asked for delivery to a different address where I was staying for a few days. I had an email this morning saying my new specs have been dispatched to this different address. Obviously had I been aware of this, and I do check for things like that, this wouldn't have happened. I have no idea who lives there and, as it is a few hundred miles away, I have no way of doing anything about it. The company have fulfulled their side of the sale and told me it's up to me to sort it.

Royal Mail say they will offer delivery to a safe space, nearby address or to the local post office. None of those are any use to me. As things stand I can only hope the new owners at that address return the glasses as not living at this address, otherwise I've lost them. Surely this must happen from time to time and there must be some way of sorting this out with Royal Mail, even if it means a fee?

Re: Royal Mail help

Can the local PO RTS?

My daughter did something similar. She had a parcel delivered to her second year student house. It must be about 7 years since she lived there. When she realised what she had done she wrote a letter to 'the occupier' asking them to send it on to her. Luckily they did.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    My daughter did something similar. She had a parcel delivered to her second year student house. It must be about 7 years since she lived there. When she realised what she had done she wrote a letter to 'the occupier' asking them to send it on to her. Luckily they did.
    That's about my only option, unfortunately.

"that's the bee side"

Quote Originally Posted by Splott-light... View Post
    "that's the bee side"
    buzz off

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    buzz off

but seriously, it's an easy, but infuriating mistake to make.

hope you get your specs Eric.

Quote Originally Posted by Splott-light... View Post

but seriously, it's an easy, but infuriating mistake to make.

hope you get your specs Eric.
    Sooo do I, II'm fingind llloooking att my scrrren difffcuilt.

Anyone have any knowledge about Royal Mail? I ordered some glasses online a week or so ago from a company I have used several times before. My last order with them was about 4 years ago and, then, I asked for delivery to a different address where I was staying for a few days. I had an email this morning saying my new specs have been dispatched to this different address. Obviously had I been aware of this, and I do check for things like that, this wouldn't have happened. I have no idea who lives there and, as it is a few hundred miles away, I have no way of doing anything about it. The company have fulfulled their side of the sale and told me it's up to me to sort it.

Royal Mail say they will offer delivery to a safe space, nearby address or to the local post office. None of those are any use to me. As things stand I can only hope the new owners at that address return the glasses as not living at this address, otherwise I've lost them. Surely this must happen from time to time and there must be some way of sorting this out with Royal Mail, even if it means a fee?
    I had this many years ago with a book from Amazon, went to my parents old address. It was only about 20 minutes from me so I drove up, but sadly noone lived there at the time. Could actually see it through the letterbox, and dropped a note in but never heard anything.

Should have gone to Specsavers! Seriously though you should be able to track online, get info from seller.

That's about my only option, unfortunately.
    If it's gone through the letter box I argee the option is to write to them.If it hasn't and the postman has got an answer then and the occupier refused the parcel .or there was no answer then the parcel would eventually be sent back to the sender.

next time you're completing your address online make sure you wear your glasses.