+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How good is Harris

Re: How good is Harris

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    The only bit I'm not convinced about.
    I think Harris is a far better player than he was 12 months ago, don’t you? I’d be amazed if he doesn’t get 2 more goals, which would be his best ever season. He’s not going to be a fantastic technical player but his decision making is improving and when you add that to his pace and work rate, he could be something. It does help he’s not being asked to play as a lone, isolated 9!

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    He gets a lot of stick on social media, so much so he's commented on it recently
    I'm guessing that's Twitter & Facebook? I don't follow any football on those platforms but I know they can be brutal and don't agree with anyone giving him grief. I'm certainly not.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I'm guessing that's Twitter & Facebook? I don't follow any football on those platforms but I know they can be brutal and don't agree with anyone giving him grief. I'm certainly not.
    Top tip, don’t . Football fans on Twitter are vile. It is toxic

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I think Harris is a far better player than he was 12 months ago, don’t you? I’d be amazed if he doesn’t get 2 more goals, which would be his best ever season. He’s not going to be a fantastic technical player but his decision making is improving and when you add that to his pace and work rate, he could be something. It does help he’s not being asked to play as a lone, isolated 9!
    I don't know tbh Pedro and I'm not being deliberately obtuse. I think he's playing a different role but I can't honestly say if I think he's a better player. I'd hope he'd be picking up more goals just because he's getting more minutes and maybe this new version of him under Hudson will stick. He's definitely better not being a lone 9 as you say. I'm trying to be objective here but I'm just not feeling it. Let's see how the rest of the season goes.

Personally think Harris is far better off the bench than starting given his work rate and ability to catch players napping with certainly takes some IQ, he just doesn’t have the ability to sustain it for a full 90 week in week out from what we’ve all seen.

As for long term who knows, if he kicks on this season and score 7/8 goals in a team which clearly isn’t going to be amongst the top scoring units in the league this season, then that’s a great return for the guy… but I get the feeling long term he’s occupying a role that Isaak Davies will take and from what we’ve seen be better at.

Certainly not a player to write off however. Also agree with posters saying he gets an easier time as he’s Welsh… Colwill does as well.

I will say one thing for Harris, he seems to be forming a nice little partnership with Robinson.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus_Mills View Post
    I will say one thing for Harris, he seems to be forming a nice little partnership with Robinson.
    Agree. Incredible work rate and press between the 2, Harris is getting better each game.

Let's see if Harris can maintain this level of performance. In the past he's played well for a few games then gone on a long run of doing nothing.

Not that good

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    Not that good
    How has no one realised this guy is a jack yet?

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder’s Mam View Post
    How has no one realised this guy is a jack yet?
    Harris can't help where he was born mate, c'mon.

He is certainly improving with each game .

I dont think at 24 you are the finished product , it depends on your first team opportunity and experience , lengthy runs in the first team , managers tactics that fit your game or utilise them to their full potential , he is better than the other strikers outside of Robinson , didn't Vardy mature extremely late in life as a striker ??

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Well as someone who sees him play I respectfully disagree
    You think I don't see him play?

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    He is certainly improving with each game .

I dont think at 24 you are the finished product , it depends on your first team opportunity and experience , lengthy runs in the first team , managers tactics that fit your game or utilise them to their full potential , he is better than the other strikers outside of Robinson , didn't Vardy mature extremely late in life as a striker ??
    Only got to look at Kieffer for that