+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Euros qualifying draw

Re: Euros qualifying draw

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I wonder if some of their older stars may retire after this World Cup?
    In a way, we might be better off with them not doing that because they’ve usually got plenty of good, young talent coming through.

A decent group by all accounts. The worst team from pot 3 and not one of the top teams from pot 1.
    Turkiye isn’t great but they’re pot 4 for a reason.

Couple of fun away days.

Would prefer Wales' group to any other home nation (including England for a change). With all the talk of aging players in this thread though I do donder how many Wales players will be left for this campaign mind!

Will take that draw all day long. Riga away for the Latvia game will be a fun one!!

I wonder if England will give up their spot to Ukraine

Quote Originally Posted by darran1927 View Post
    I wonder if England will give up their spot to Ukraine
    How their morals on this one now.

Armenia and Croatia away for me , if tickets are easy enough to get ?

Is that the Turkey that drew 3.3 against Luxembourg..and lost to the Faroes?

We’ll win the group.

Every Welsh football fan/follower has to be happy with this draw. Could have been much worse. Some interesting travel there too. Extremely happy with it myself.
    Spedger

Not saying it'll be a walk in the park but I think people are giving Turkey way too much credit. They've had some piss poor results recently.

Every Welsh football fan/follower has to be happy with this draw. Could have been much worse. Some interesting travel there too. Extremely happy with it myself.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    Spedger
    Yes, agree with that. Not sure about that twitter message about being guaranteed a play off spot though, thought that was lost when we were relegated from nations league A?

Despite etting relegated from league a
    there is still a high chance of being in the league a play off slots as most league a teams qualify through these groups
    Last edited by fugsyphil; 09-10-22 at 14:16. Reason: Quoted wrong message

Well happy with that group….not even sure Croatia are all that these days are they?

Not wishing to be a party pooper, but I presume Bale and Rambo will retire from international duty after the world cup. They will be two huge voids to fill.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Not wishing to be a party pooper, but I presume Bale and Rambo will retire from international duty after the world cup. They will be two huge voids to fill.
    Bale maybe, Ramsey's only 31 though

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    What a fantastic group as a travelling fan from my point of view

All places I’d love to go
    Yep! I can see myself having at least holidays, one in Turkey and Croatia. Not too sure about Armenia

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Why? We battered Turkey last time we played them and they've just lost to the Faroe Islands! We should be confident of top 2.

That's an ageing Croatia side as well, we've avoided the proper big hitters from pot 1. Very good draw for us
    Agreed. It's a great draw. Top 2 is very achievable.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Well happy with that group….not even sure Croatia are all that these days are they?
    I'm sure they've been quite poor of late.
    Winnable group this for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Bale is apparently looking at the next Euro's, I'd imagine both will still be playing albeit semi-retired... Probably both here!

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Bale maybe, Ramsey's only 31 though
    Wouldn't shock me if Ramsey retires from internationals before Bale

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Armenia …. well there’s a travel challenge!
    I once challenged myself to hitch-hike to a location in Armenia on a day trip from Georgia and with no Armenian currency and with a picnic for lunch.
    Poured down and there were hardly any cars on the rural troads concerned - but after a few lifts each way the task was completed.

I'd been assuming Croatia were in decline, but a look at their recent results suggests this is not so - they've recently beaten Denmark home and away and won in France.