+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O'Dowda, he's starting to look the part, isn't he...

O'Dowda, he's starting to look the part, isn't he...

"....excellent ball out to the winger O’Dowda (who murdered Bennett all game) "
    (taken from the Wigan forum)

I think he's proved a great signing so far...technically very good, strong, fair pace, and always looks up to try and pick a pass.

Also, in that same thread...

"Cardiff gave us a lesson today in championship football. We were carved open so many times, I'm just glad we only conceded 3."

Re: O'Dowda, he's starting to look the part, isn't he...

He's been very good. Always gives 100% too.

What makes it better is the wurzels are probably hating every second of it so it is a double win.

He's definitely first choice. I'm very impressed with him.

Actually, there is a fair bit of complimentary stuff being said about us (I think Burnley fans were also saying similar).

"Cardiff deserved to win today, they played the better football and did some simple things that we just don’t seem to do. Full backs carried the ball forwards and linked up with the wide players. They played passes between the lines rather than just going long. They had runners from midfield and also forwards making runs in behind. Players were showing for the ball rather than moving away from it."

Who would have thought we would be hearing such comments from the opposition fans, after being derided as hoof-ball merchants for so long, eh!
    We really have come a long way in a short space of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    Actually, there is a fair bit of complimentary stuff being said about us (I think Burnley fans were also saying similar).

"Cardiff deserved to win today, they played the better football and did some simple things that we just don’t seem to do. Full backs carried the ball forwards and linked up with the wide players. They played passes between the lines rather than just going long. They had runners from midfield and also forwards making runs in behind. Players were showing for the ball rather than moving away from it."

Who would have thought we would be hearing such comments from the opposition fans, after being derided as hoof-ball merchants for so long, eh!
    We really have come a long way in a short space of time.
    Although he was not everyone's cup of tea, Morison does deserve a lot of credit for the work he put in changing our style of play. For it to be as far advanced as it is when only just over a quarter of our league games have been played is quite extraordinary.

Ny mate is a Bristol fan and he says that apart from injuries he was quality. Actually wishes him well.

Really smart player, great movement and passing - maybe not as much a traditional winger, but have to admit he's been immense, way better than I think anyone expected. Excellent bit of business.

He’s been brilliant from the off, I know some people didn’t think a lot of him/his stats when he signed but he’s been brilliant, always looks like he can create and rarely loses the ball.

Understatement of the century

He’s got to be one of the first name on the teamsheet

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    "....excellent ball out to the winger O’Dowda (who murdered Bennett all game) "
    (taken from the Wigan forum)

I think he's proved a great signing so far...technically very good, strong, fair pace, and always looks up to try and pick a pass.

Also, in that same thread...

"Cardiff gave us a lesson today in championship football. We were carved open so many times, I'm just glad we only conceded 3."

Not fussed on Bennett are they ( The Wigan fans )

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Not fussed on Bennett are they ( The Wigan fans )
    To be fair he was moved on the right time for us, he wouldn’t even make our bench now.

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    He’s been brilliant from the off, I know some people didn’t think a lot of him/his stats when he signed but he’s been brilliant, always looks like he can create and rarely loses the ball.
    This. Consistently good play so far this season.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    This. Consistently good play so far this season.
    I agree. He has been excellent all season. If he stays fit he’ll be in with a shout for player of the season

So far is the phrase.Season is early doors right now. Wrong time to judge anybody

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    So far is the phrase.Season is early doors right now. Wrong time to judge anybody
    Quite right, Man City fans are on the fence regarding Haaland as well, ridiculous to start heaping praise so early on any player, madness

Considering the slightly negative reaction to his signing from quite a few City fans , we find ourselves with a very good player and some eating humble pie , whcih is a good thing , if Morison signed him , its big well done that man and thanks .

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Quite right, Man City fans are on the fence regarding Haaland as well, ridiculous to start heaping praise so early on any player, madness
    Savage

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Savage
    Yeah, him as well