+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you agree with Nicola Sturgeon when she says she detests Tory’s?

Re: Do you agree with Nicola Sturgeon when she says she detests Tory’s?

Quote Originally Posted by DryCleaning View Post
    Everyone has an opinion, and those opinions and belief systems are shaped by their own life experiences. Ignoring the hard left and far right, who are really two sides of the same coin, the left wish to see solutions to society's problems based on collective responsibility, whereas the right wish to see such solutions based more on personal responsibility. There is no right or wrong answer and each will have its merits for any given set of factors.

To lambast an entire group of people because they believe more in personal responsibility than collective responsibility is outright bigotry. The Tories don't go out of their way to ruin communities or make peoples lives more difficult as you have suggested. The Tories are of the opinion that that personal responsibility is the way to a better life. There is nothing wrong with that per se. Similarly there is nothing wrong with believing in shared responsibility either.

I don't support this government or what they stand for at all. But that doesn't mean I am going to hate them for it.

And why can't all your posts be injected with a little humour like this one?
    If you're on the sharp end of current Tory policy and your life, business, prospects, longevity and health is irreparably damaged because of it, there's very little humour to inject.

Some things are just plain wrong, immoral and obscene. Sitting on the fence and making jokes about it have never been the methods of radical change.

And as far as the Tories not going out of their way to make lives more difficult, then you know nothing of the lives of disabled people and the vulnerable.

I'm not going to get sucked in to this middle way bollux and let's all be friends and sing around a camp fire. All my decades of political, environmental and disability activism have shown me that way is a cop out, kicks the can down the road and always makes things worse in the long run.

Nah, I'm happy to call Tory governments in my lifetime absolute c*nts. The same as New Labour or Centrist Labour; pointless and toothless. The Liberal Democrats weak and pathetic. The Greens delusional. Trying to please everybody at the expense of the poor, vulnerable and environment suffering just doesn't work. It will ALWAYS require collective responsibility. Politics and the effects of government decision are visceral. They are life-changing. The Tories expect personal responsibility without taking any themselves. Just look at Johnson's government.

It's pathetic that people are calling out a bit of name-calling on here when people are dying and have died because of 12 years of Tory power. I'm not interested in this f*cking 6th form debating process.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    If you're on the sharp end of current Tory policy and your life, business, prospects, longevity and health is irreparably damaged because of it, there's very little humour to inject.

Some things are just plain wrong, immoral and obscene. Sitting on the fence and making jokes about it have never been the methods of radical change.

And as far as the Tories not going out of their way to make lives more difficult, then you know nothing of the lives of disabled people and the vulnerable.

I'm not going to get sucked in to this middle way bollux and let's all be friends and sing around a camp fire. All my decades of political, environmental and disability activism have shown me that way is a cop out, kicks the can down the road and always makes things worse in the long run.

Nah, I'm happy to call Tory governments in my lifetime absolute c*nts. The same as New Labour or Centrist Labour; pointless and toothless. The Liberal Democrats weak and pathetic. The Greens delusional. Trying to please everybody at the expense of the poor, vulnerable and environment suffering just doesn't work. It will ALWAYS require collective responsibility. Politics and the effects of government decision are visceral. They are life-changing. The Tories expect personal responsibility without taking any themselves. Just look at Johnson's government.

It's pathetic that people are calling out a bit of name-calling on here when people are dying and have died because of 12 years of Tory power. I'm not interested in this f*cking 6th form debating process.
    Spend less time on here and take direct action then. Arguing on a football forum isn't going to facilitate the change you wish to see.

The undeniable fact is that the UK is centre right, and has been for most of its franchised history. We are here because we have an archaic FPTP system that means a plurality of votes gets you a majority government and our election system is not representative of how the people vote overall. Until we reform how we vote, we're not going to see a government and parliament that is a fairer reflection of the views of the people. Both Labour and the Tories know this and is why they are against FPTP.

To be honest this surely is a storm in a tea cup. If Nicola detests Tories and all that they stand for them that is purely her opinion and she is entitled to it. Good for her, I think most reasonable people would agree with her.

Surely the Tories are shedding crocodile tears; they've known they're the "Nasty Party" for years. Bloody snowflakes.

If they don't like being criticized then there's an easy remedy; shed your damaging right wing beliefs and start showing compassion instead of greed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    To be honest this surely is a storm in a tea cup. If Nicola detests Tories and all that they stand for them that is purely her opinion and she is entitled to it. Good for her, I think most reasonable people would agree with her.

Surely the Tories are shedding crocodile tears; they've known they're the "Nasty Party" for years. Bloody snowflakes.

If they don't like being criticized then there's an easy remedy; shed your damaging right wing beliefs and start showing compassion instead of greed.
    The problem is that lots of people dislike Labour too (and Plaid etc)- surely it is better that people use that dislike in a reasonable way; through not voting for them, debating them, or supporting their opponents as opposed to talking of detesting the party, or using hateful or intimidating language against them and their supporters? Aside from anything else, I really don't think it helps the argument that the person using the abusive language is trying to make.

Before you know it you are in a spiral of decline with everyone just hating everyone else.

If we value free speech then she's certainly entitled to her view.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    The problem is that lots of people dislike Labour too (and Plaid etc)- surely it is better that people use that dislike in a reasonable way; through not voting for them, debating them, or supporting their opponents as opposed to talking of detesting the party, or using hateful or intimidating language against them and their supporters? Aside from anything else, I really don't think it helps the argument that the person using the abusive language is trying to make.

Before you know it you are in a spiral of decline with everyone just hating everyone else.
    Yes fair point James but surely saying you detest someone/something is using hardly hateful language. It's just stating a point of view.