+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Heroes to Zeros?

Re: Heroes to Zeros?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Different from who? Is there a left wing equivalent of GB News?
    The Beeb, ITV, Channel4, The guardian, The independent (iroñy alert)

This seems relevant to this thread. I hadn't heard it but just listened to the song on youtube

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/...tyn_jG45pPQEkE

Quote Originally Posted by HyperboreanCCFC View Post
    The Beeb, ITV, Channel4, The guardian, The independent (iroñy alert)
    Hilarious.

'GB news isn't right wing'

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    'GB news isn't right wing'

�������������������������������������������������� ����������
    Do you watch it?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    This seems relevant to this thread. I hadn't heard it but just listened to the song on youtube

Far better that this creatures name is not remembered.

Better that than the notoriety and infamy bestowed on the likes of Brady and Hindley.

Way beyond the understanding of Morrissey and O'Neill. Such a shame their names and output can't equally be forgotten.

I don't know who the biggest cnuts are , morrissey or the audience with flowers up their arses

Do you honestly think there is nothing in what he says? Do you really think the BBC, guardian, perhaps others are at the forefront of open debate, free ideas, challenging orthodoxy etc at the moment? I'm not so sure they are.

Marina Hyde also rather twisting things, suggesting this is a 'male' thing (which fits the editorial narrative required at the guardian) when that isn't the case at all. Plenty of women say the same thing.

I dunno. I think there is (or was) a pretty open minded debate show on BBC2 on sunday mornings, presented by Nicky Campbell, I'm not sure if it's on now. I also think BBC radio is better than TV for all this, but I do think there is a real cautionary cultural position at the BBC atm tbh.

Do you honestly think there is nothing in what he says? Do you really think the BBC, guardian, perhaps others are at the forefront of open debate, free ideas, challenging orthodoxy etc at the moment? I'm not so sure they are.

Marina Hyde also rather twisting things, suggesting this is a 'male' thing (which fits the editorial narrative required at the guardian) when that isn't the case at all. Plenty of women say the same thing.

I dunno. I think there is (or was) a pretty open minded debate show on BBC2 on sunday mornings, presented by Nicky Campbell, I'm not sure if it's on now. I also think BBC radio is better than TV for all this, but I do think there is a real cautionary cultural position at the BBC atm tbh.
    Nicky Campbell is a god squad nutter

Lawrence Fox , Cleese , Noel Edmondes , Jim Davidson etc

All complete arseholes

Another Tory bleating on about how the media’s against them

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...its-out-at-bbc

Another Tory bleating on about how the media’s against them

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...its-out-at-bbc
    I listened to JRM this am and he did make a valid point that some (and I stress some) of the movement in Sterling are down to the Federal Reserve raising rates faster than the BoE, however JRM's claim that the markets being spooked is nothing to do with fiscal and monetary policy being at odds with each other is just plain wrong.

And I don't buy into his claim that the BBC aren't impartial either. They were simply reporting that the markets have seen some turmoil, and that many economists believe that the aforementioned government fiscal policy being at odds with the BoE's monetary policy is causing some disruption.

Do you really think the BBC, guardian, perhaps others are at the forefront of open debate, free ideas, challenging orthodoxy etc at the moment?
    No I don't. The Guardian and BBC are exemplars of orthodoxy - and defenders (and amplifiers) of the establishment. In the Guardian's case, whilst pretending to be something else.

However, I thought Marina Hyde got it mostly right in her piece, and as usual it was amusing too. Worth sharing as we are discussing all things GBN and Cleese.

Hmm, written by the same Brendan O'Neill who argued against victims of sexual abuse coming forward publicly, and who described the increasing acceptance of homosexuality as "queer imperialism".
    The same Brendan O'Neill who considers efforts to combat racism in football to be "a class war" driven by "elites'. Who opposes efforts to combat climate change and that British people should have been rioting about delays to Brexit.
    The same Brendan O'Neill who, in relation to COVID-19, argued that "this pandemic has shown us what life would be like if environmentalists got their way”.

I’ll probably not take much notice of Brendan O'Neill’s support for Morrissey.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    No I don't. The Guardian and BBC are exemplars of orthodoxy - and defenders (and amplifiers) of the establishment. In the Guardian's case, whilst pretending to be something else.

However, I thought Marina Hyde got it mostly right in her piece, and as usual it was amusing too. Worth sharing as we are discussing all things GBN and Cleese.
    Absolutely relevant and I agree she is amusing and I agree on your BBC / guardian conclusion.

Will be interesting to see what John Cleese's shows are like, although I must admit I havent found him funny for years but he does make some interesting cultural observations

Quote Originally Posted by fingers View Post
    Hmm, written by the same Brendan O'Neill who argued against victims of sexual abuse coming forward publicly, and who described the increasing acceptance of homosexuality as "queer imperialism".
    The same Brendan O'Neill who considers efforts to combat racism in football to be "a class war" driven by "elites'. Who opposes efforts to combat climate change and that British people should have been rioting about delays to Brexit.
    The same Brendan O'Neill who, in relation to COVID-19, argued that "this pandemic has shown us what life would be like if environmentalists got their way”.

I’ll probably not take much notice of Brendan O'Neill’s support for Morrissey.
    Brendan O'Neill, now there's a sperm bag. Does anyone listen to his silly views these days?

She's a complete fruitloop and Steyn's a nasty little right wing grifter, both probably much admired by their fellow tin foil hatters on here.

Thankfully, as it's on KGBNews, no one's watching.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

Yes and the orthodoxy is now left wing. The only time these outlets weren't left wing was when zionism was ever so slightly challenged by Corbyn. As soon as he was gone. It was Left wing Business as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude Blue View Post
    She's a complete fruitloop and Steyn's a nasty little right wing grifter, both probably much admired by their fellow tin foil hatters on here.

KGB News? have you got a paper trail linking GB News to Russia or are you just repeating things you read on Twitter. Who actually owns GB News? Do you know?

Quote Originally Posted by HyperboreanCCFC View Post
    Yes and the orthodoxy is now left wing. The only time these outlets weren't left wing was when zionism was ever so slightly challenged by Corbyn. As soon as he was gone. It was Left wing Business as usual.
    Feck me Himmler is back !

Quote Originally Posted by Claude Blue View Post

RED OCTOBER

Two people who post on a football message board
    using the Guardian
    putting themselves above a distinguised doctor
    with Blair in as 1st reserve
    have a word with yourselves
    in the meanwhile
    a drug that was never tested for something it was supposed to prevent
    and this fact was hidden for as long as possible
    Crickets!!!

Imagine cosying up to this shower of shit
    who hever had the balls to mention Jimmy in his prime