+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cardiff presses ahead with major recycling changes despite criticism from people who trialled it

Re: Cardiff presses ahead with major recycling changes despite criticism from people who trialled it

Quote Originally Posted by light up the darkness View Post
    Michael Michael. So good they named him twice.

Between hm and that council leader who wants to put in bicycle lanes everywhere Cardiff council are a wonder of modern democracy
    Logic would indicate that would only be the case if Cllr Michael was in the council cabinet, which he is not.

https://cardiff.moderngov.co.uk/mgCo...ls.aspx?ID=151

He's so good he owns Neil McEvoy; was sued for calling McEvoy "Del Bpoy", won and had a charge on McEvoys house.

International

Re: Cardiff presses ahead with major recycling changes despite criticism from people who trialled it

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Meanwhile in Cardiff the council is stopping issuing the yellow general waste bags and have informed us that in future we will have to buy our own black ones, which are what we were using before they made us use the yellow ones.

So we will be paying to prepare waste to be collected by an organisation we pay to collect and remove or rubbish.

Meanwhile people are living with a kaleidoscope of bin backs in their living space or leaving them in the garden where they get covered in rain rat and cat piss which you have to carry through your house every time there is a collection.
    I asked the council for a wheelie bin to keep my waste sacks in to stop them being torn open by cats/birds/rats and was told "We don't issue bins in your collection area. I had to go and buy one.
    They issue green garden waste bins and collect fortnightly all summer, even when the grass has stopped growing due to the hot summer, it's good to have them collected but I only needed to put mine out about four to six weekly and then it was never full.

Now the trees are dropping acorns and according to google around 200,000 leaves (Mature Oak) they don't collect them from the end of September, why stop garden waste when you most need it?

I live in a flat in Bridgend, we have a big communal recycling area next to the carpark.

1 big bin each for plastics, paper, cardboard, glass, tins and non recyclables

I have something similar to this to seperate the trash indoors:
    https://www.dunelm.com/product/addis...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    Been doing this in the vale for years now. It's not that bad.
    no we don't. all recycling goes in one bag.

Quote Originally Posted by DryCleaning View Post
    no we don't. all recycling goes in one bag.
    Er .....

Orange , cardboard

White , newspapers , magazines

Blue , soft plastics , tins etc

What's this one bag you are talking about ?

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Cope.
    Been doing this voluntarily for years.
    I'm not having a going or singling you out goats, but none of this is f*cking difficult and if it's the only problems people have and have to moan about then I envy the lot of you.

Edit: and why does this have to become political?
    do you live on your own or do you have a few young kids to look after?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Er .....

Orange , cardboard

i think its known as the bone idle bag

Quote Originally Posted by poc View Post
    i think its known as the bone idle bag
    Well I live where he says he lives and I have got 3 bags

Guess they like me

Jesus, this is just about separating a bit or recyclable waste. And the usual Tories are out in force talking about Rats piss, dogs, cats and ****ing pigeons pissing , shitting and generally vandalising the bags that come with them. Absolute big wipe arse babies. How do they manage?

Er .....

Orange , cardboard

In RCT we have one recycling bag and paper, glass, metal etc goes in it.

International

Er .....

Orange , cardboard

What if you're blind?

8% of men are colour Blind?

International

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Thats how it should be.

All seems a bit pointless when most of the recycling we bag up ends up on a beach in malaysia.
    I can't be arsed to look it up but does the UK come anywhere near the quotas for recycling?
    And also do black bin bags still go into landfills? My old man reckons they throw it all in some giant furnace in port talbot.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Yeah whatever

This chap is in the same authority area as me yet says he has a single bag like you

Which sounds fishy as I have 3 bags

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    All seems a bit pointless when most of the recycling we bag up ends up on a beach in malaysia.
    I can't be arsed to look it up but does the UK come anywhere near the quotas for recycling?
    And also do black bin bags still go into landfills? My old man reckons they throw it all in some giant furnace in port talbot.
    Black bag waste still goes to landfill. Trecatti tip at Dowlais, Merthyr Tydfil is always busy.
    Not sure where Cardiff waste goes to.

Quote Originally Posted by valleys caveman View Post
    Black bag waste still goes to landfill. Trecatti tip at Dowlais, Merthyr Tydfil is always busy.
    Not sure where Cardiff waste goes to.
    Don't think any Cardiff general waste goes to landfill anymore. Pretty sure it all goes to that facility in Splott and gets burnt, with the resulting energy all collected somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Don't think any Cardiff general waste goes to landfill anymore. Pretty sure it all goes to that facility in Splott and gets burnt, with the resulting energy all collected somehow.
    Sludge's used tissue collection could power Cowbridge for 6 months.

this thread is unbelievable its not hard as sludge said different colour bags and put it in

and when you put the bags out sweep your leaves up

Charging trade an arm and a leg to take waste to recycling 'dumps' was a good idea too. South Wales's lanes and lay- bys are strewn with rubbish. Dowlais Top is now 2m higher than 20 yrs ago..