+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Call centres and customer service

Re: Call centres and customer service

I find once you get through most are very helpful

My bank is mostly staffed by Indian people and the English is better than most people over here speak and you can get into chats with them , very interesting

My nephew who worked in Admiral after leaving college had James Corden on the phone who started with "let's get this sorted right now".

It wasn't sorted there and then and he had to go on hold.

When my nephew came back on the phone to apologise for the wait, he had the classic "Don't you know who I am?"

My nephew has a very dry wit for a young man and said something along the lines of "Its OK Mr Corden, you've passed the security questions...".

He was fuming apparently and asked to speak to the manager but nothing ever came of it.

Tosser.

International

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    My son has worked in call centres.
    Some of the pond life he had deal with was ridiculous.
    Grumpy illiterate old tossers who were Billy big balls on the phone but wouldn't fart near an old lady in real life.
    People are always worse on the phone, and it's got worse since covid, but if you have the right skills you can calm them down in seconds, the problem is the standards are through the floor and most of the staff don't really care in companies like talktalk.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    People are always worse on the phone, and it's got worse since covid, but if you have the right skills you can calm them down in seconds, the problem is the standards are through the floor and most of the staff don't really care in companies like talktalk.
    I don't blame them for £9.50 per hour, over worked and probably demotivated. If i had to work under those conditions then i would pull every stroke known to man in order to do the minimum required.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I don't blame them for £9.50 per hour, over worked and probably demotivated. If i had to work under those conditions then i would pull every stroke known to man in order to do the minimum required.
    My sons favourite trick was getting an older person who were normally the salt of the earth and were usually Lonely and just wanted to chat then he would sort their problem for them then keep the chat going normally near the end of a shift so he could finish on time.
    My son trapped in his bedroom for the duration of covid putting up with shit on the phone didn't do his mental health any good.

Quote Originally Posted by insider View Post
    My sons favourite trick was getting an older person who were normally the salt of the earth and were usually Lonely and just wanted to chat then he would sort their problem for them then keep the chat going normally near the end of a shift so he could finish on time.
    My son trapped in his bedroom for the duration of covid putting up with shit on the phone didn't do his mental health any good.
    Excellent work. Your son sounds like he's a good egg, and someone is benefiting as well.

I can't imagine anything worse than working in a call centre. Imagine the abuse they get. Remember, if you're ringing up and been on hold for stupid amounts of time or the company are in the wrong for whatever reason, it's the company not the poor sod on the end of the phone.

If they seem like they have a bad attitude, remember, they have to explain things to people who still think Brexit is a good thing