+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The thumbs up emoji.

The thumbs up emoji.

You've been told - must say, I just don't get the argument against it and I see nothing in here to explain why it should be seen as aggressive. It's said that people should make mote of an effort to reply rather than just put a picture there, but isn't that true of all emojis?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/r...ld-people.html

Re: The thumbs up emoji.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    You've been told - must say, I just don't get the argument against it and I see nothing in here to explain why it should be seen as aggressive. It's said that people should make mote of an effort to reply rather than just put a picture there, but isn't that true of all emojis?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

Its a disgusting male orientated habit that hurts those communities with no thumbs, and lazy folk who cannot be bothered to type in a sentence in this dumb down world

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Its a disgusting male orientated habit that hurts those communities with no thumbs, and lazy folk who cannot be bothered to type in a sentence in this dumb down world
    🖕

Thumbs Up. Is that better?

I'm sure 99.999% of Gen Z couldn't really care but an articles gotta be written.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I'm sure 99.999% of Gen Z couldn't really care but an articles gotta be written.
    Agreed, the Daily Mail were bored and made up a story so we’d all continue to hate people different to us. Wankers

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

My wife’s friends would make the thumbs up gesture when discussing Chinese people. I was told it means someone who is a horse fkr.
    South Vietnamese slang word for Chinese is horse fkr. Qua dang (phonetic)

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

You see this and they see that. Welcome to the woke generation where everything is inverted, and reality is turned upside down.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Thumbs Up. Is that better?
    🤣

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    That's just being very cruel to santa as one of his elves Tom bit his thumb off in an industrial accident.

This weekend has given another, more convincing in my view, reason why younger people are so anti the thumbs up sign - Johnson’s always doing it.

Another story designed to wind up the elderly into voting against their own interests.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    You see this and they see that. Welcome to the woke generation where everything is inverted, and reality is turned upside down.
    👎