+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Ref

Re: The Ref

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    You could make a killing with a YouTube channel!
    I might get on that. English refs hate Welsh football clubs. 10 reasons why i know it's true!

Oh, and now the cheap, casual, offensive jokes about disabled people. You're on a roll. Do yourself a favour and have a laugh at all the non-Welsh players on the Cardiff City side playing in the English Football League. It's almost as embarrassing as the 'same old English, always cheating' chant.
    ?
    I'm baffled.
    What on earth has my opinion got to do with all of the above?
    Get your eyes tested, that refereeing performance was beyond biased.
    You can attempt to twist it whichever way you want to, but I stand by that opinion and that one word in particular...
    BIASED.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    ?
    I'm baffled.
    What on earth has my opinion got to do with all of the above?
    Get your eyes tested, that refereeing performance was beyond biased.
    You can attempt to twist it whichever way you want to, but I stand by that opinion and that one word in particular...
    BIASED.
    The irony.

Madley is a prick. Absolutely shit ref.

Got every big decision wrong today.

The irony.
    *YAWN*
    BORING!
    Come back when you at least have something constructive to add. And let us know what your new glasses are like

*YAWN*
    BORING!
    Come back when you at least have something constructive to add. And let us know what your new glasses are like
    That's the sound of a poster who's just been floored and is out for the count.

I wasn't going to humour you with a response, but I sometimes can't help myself when I see a loose spanner lying around. I do have a weakness for tools.

It's almost as if they work together.
    What does that mean?

Don't disagree with the premise that we werent good today but you expect the officials to be on the money and they weren't - Ng got elbowed in the face and the ref sees it and gives a yellow and for the goal the ref is 4/5 yards away and doesn't see anything and the linesman who is 30/40 yards away sees something but doesn't clearly call it for offside - it was poor as much as we were but that goal may have changed the momentum

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Ask a Newport fan what they think of Madley after he won promotion for Morecambe in their Play Off Final a couple of seasons ago.
    I posted about him in that game on another thread. He's an appalling referee who should have been booted off the list years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfresco View Post
    What does that mean?
    Ref: from Wikipedia

Assistant referee

In general, assistant referees are responsible for assisting the referee with:

whether the whole ball has passed outside the field of play
    which side is entitled to return the ball into the field of play
    offside offence decisions
    managing substitutions (where no fourth official is present)
    identifying offences or other infringements where the referee does not have an adequate view
    All decisions by the assistant referees are only advisory to the referee; their decisions are not binding and the referee is allowed to overrule an assistant. An assistant referee may also be called upon by the referee to provide an opinion regarding matters which the referee requires clarification on.

They have earpieces as well as the 4th official. They work as a team. The article link to the BBC piece I posted earlier about grassroots refereeing is well worth a read.

My view is there are sh*t refs like there are sh*t players. It's the sum of the parts that makes up a result but it's easy to focus obsessively on one action. Managers are the worst and soon we'll end up with nobody wanting to officiate sport.

The anti-Welsh thing just cracks me up though.

The ref cost us no doubt, decisions went against us but that is no reason why our performance the 2nd half was awful. We looked like we lacked a plan or any kind of directions, subs were poor or more of a panic, with little thought. It was the kind of performance where they are top of the league and you say we tried, but it wasn’t.

The ref was poor, no doubt about it, but that doesn't hide the fact that we didn't turn up.
    The two full backs were awful, and I've said it before but never understand why we would want to develop so many other clubs youngsters?
    Rinohota was anonymous in midfield and Harrris just has hard work and endeavour to offer.
    For all the noise around 17 signings in the building (whatever that means) it was quantity rather than quality, the likes of Campbell and Philogene are never going to make it in the Premier league and doubtful they will make a career as professional footballers.
    Hudson is learning on the job, at least this gives him the opportunity to rethink his tactics and approach for the next 2 games where 2 draws would be a good result imho.
    Thankfully Romeo should be back (we missed him) and Colwill and Davies will offer better options shortly.
    We lost a game that most fans thought we would win, maybe it's an opportunity for Hudson to show how he can get the team to bounce back on Wednesday

I thought blaming the ref was every fan & player’s God given right.

Haven't watched the offside goal again but the linesman infront of us in the ninian was awful.

Constantly behind play, if he got anything right it was pure guesswork and luck.

I watched the highlights this morning and ,there was nothing wrong with the goal and both pundits agreed, the goal should have stood. From where I sit in the Canton, I thought there could have been a handball from the defender. Although I don’t think we played that well, I didn’t think we deserved to lose. What’s happened to O’Dowda ? he doesn’t seem to want to take defenders on anymore, he comes inside.

There are two different issues conflated here. Were we really poor and deserved little if anything from the game? Yes of course. Was the ref appalling and cost us a point at least? Again, yes of course.

Just because we were awful doesn't mean we didn't deserve an adequate refereeing performance but we didn't get one.

We were poor yesterday but the fact remains we scored a perfectly good goal that was wrongly disallowed.

You can accept we played shit while still bemoaning a bad decision, the two are not exclusive.

Quote Originally Posted by Robin Friday's Ghost View Post
    There are two different issues conflated here. Were we really poor and deserved little if anything from the game? Yes of course. Was the ref appalling and cost us a point at least? Again, yes of course.

Just because we were awful doesn't mean we didn't deserve an adequate refereeing performance but we didn't get one.
    Quote Originally Posted by FormerlyJohnnyBreadhead View Post
    We were poor yesterday but the fact remains we scored a perfectly good goal that was wrongly disallowed.

You can accept we played shit while still bemoaning a bad decision, the two are not exclusive.
    Well said, both.

Haven't resd the whole thread, but both managers thought the goal should have stood.
    The lino only put his flag up when the ref told him to.
    Pundits on the highlights show were unanimous that the goal should have stood.

Just been looking at his 2 penalty decisions in the Newport Morecambe playoff final! https://youtu.be/9t27_gjSPig

I wasn't going to humour you with a response, but I sometimes can't help myself when I see a loose spanner lying around. I do have a weakness for tools.
    😝✔️😜💋

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    Just been looking at his 2 penalty decisions in the Newport Morecambe playoff final! https://youtu.be/9t27_gjSPig
    It’s is Madley there joining in with the Morecambe celebrations isn’t it?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It’s is Madley there joining in with the Morecambe celebrations isn’t it?
    That was awful for County. I do try and see things from an officials point of view but sometimes you have to wonder if there’re other things going on. I still don’t think it’s bias but I do think it’s gross incompetence and wonder why his assessors are letting these things slide?

I wonder where Madley will be reffing next Saturday, if he gets sent league one or two at least we’ll know he’s been assessed correctly, you’ve got to feel for the players and fans who’ll have to endure his unique interpretations of the laws of the game, though.