+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Ref

The Ref

Feel free to disagree if you're so inclined to do so, but I felt that ref cost us 3 points today.
    Firstly, Gyokeres should have been sent off for sure, that challenge was blatantly malicious and designed to take out Ng.
    At that point, they'd have been down to 10 men.
    The obvious second point is the disallowed goal that was clearly onside.
    It's seriously rare for me to target a ref, even when I sometimes feel that decisions aren't right, but this pr*ck deserves the "protecting all things English" award.
    I hope these decisions are challenged by the club and put to the English FA.
    Not that I expect it will make any difference mind, but it certainly needs to be pointed out.

How can Welsh teams expect fair treatment in this league when blatant red-card fouls are being ignored, and clear goals are being over-ruled and disallowed by a corrupt ref that over-rules his linesman that clearly had a better view??

Re: The Ref

I’ve been told, don’t know if it’s true or not, but the goal was disallowed for handball

I thought it was a decent strike

Hudson said that Madley told him he disallowed the goal because the defender didn’t control the ball, the rule is that a defender only has to deliberately play the ball to put an attacker onside. The ref doesn’t know the offside law!

If it was for handball he wouldn’t have needed to consult with the linesman.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    Feel free to disagree if you're so inclined to do so, but I felt that ref cost us 3 points today.
    Firstly, Gyokeres should have been sent off for sure, that challenge was blatantly malicious and designed to take out Ng.
    At that point, they'd have been down to 10 men.
    The obvious second point is the disallowed goal that was clearly onside.
    It's seriously rare for me to target a ref, even when I sometimes feel that decisions aren't right, but this pr*ck deserves the "protecting all things English" award.
    I hope these decisions are challenged by the club and put to the English FA.
    Not that I expect it will make any difference mind, but it certainly needs to be pointed out.

How can Welsh teams expect fair treatment in this league when blatant red-card fouls are being ignored, and clear goals are being over-ruled and disallowed by a corrupt ref that over-rules his linesman that clearly had a better view??
    Ask a Newport fan what they think of Madley after he won promotion for Morecambe in their Play Off Final a couple of seasons ago.

Just checked the rules and as Hudson was told by the ref, if the Coventry player and played the ball deliberately the goal would have been allowed. I assume Madeley considered it a deflection. Very harsh imo. Player deliberately tried to clear the ball. It wasn't a deflection.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    I’ve been told, don’t know if it’s true or not, but the goal was disallowed for handball

I thought it was a decent strike
    Both he and the linesman signalled offside

When you start blaming the ref because you weren’t good enough , you really are scraping the proverbial barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Just checked the rules and as Hudson was told by the ref, if the Coventry player and played the ball deliberately the goal would have been allowed. I assume Madeley considered it a deflection. Very harsh imo. Player deliberately tried to clear the ball. It wasn't a deflection.
    The defender was definitely trying to do something to the ball. Not sure what, but it wasn't just a deflection.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Robinson wasn't offside anyway. They guessed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivortheengine View Post
    When you start blaming the ref because you weren’t good enough , you really are scraping the proverbial barrel.
    I agree with you. How many horrendous mistakes did our players make out there today? I didn't go today, but watched the match on stream and we were awful. We didn't deserve anything from that. Shock news: ref's make mistakes.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63245170

Worth reading this article. Without officials, you don't have a game of football. Yes it's annoying, but give some of our players as much grief for being inept. Full time pros who practice all week (or should do) and are well paid for producing crap.

Anyway, Coventry must feel aggrieved they only scored the one.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Ask a Newport fan what they think of Madley after he won promotion for Morecambe in their Play Off Final a couple of seasons ago.
    I recall the match, but must admit to not realising it was the same ref.
    We've had a few over the years that clearly seem to have an anti-Welsh agenda of sorts. You would imagine that in this day and age, that would be observed and looked at a lot more closely.
    It clearly seems, that's not the case.

As for the one or two popping up on here and stating that my blaming the ref is in some way denying a poor performance...
    Go watch the highlights.
    This is piss-poor officiating at it's finest.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I agree with you. How many horrendous mistakes did our players make out there today? I didn't go today, but watched the match on stream and we were awful. We didn't deserve anything from that. Shock news: ref's make mistakes.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63245170

Worth reading this article. Without officials, you don't have a game of football. Yes it's annoying, but give some of our players as much grief for being inept. Full time pros who practice all week (or should do) and are well paid for producing crap.

Anyway, Coventry must feel aggrieved they only scored the one.
    Blaming the ref is poor form. 11 players, plus subs and 90 minutes to sort things out, create opportunities, change things etc. Excuses.

I recall the match, but must admit to not realising it was the same ref.
    We've had a few over the years that clearly seem to have an anti-Welsh agenda of sorts. You would imagine that in this day and age, that would be observed and looked at a lot more closely.
    It clearly seems, that's not the case.

As for the one or two popping up on here and stating that my blaming the ref is in some way denying a poor performance...
    Go watch the highlights.
    This is piss-poor officiating at it's finest.
    Utter bollox.

Utter bollox.
    No, it's not.
    If you think there's not a single English ref out there that hasn't got an anti-Welsh agenda, then you're clearly f*cking deluded.
    That's like saying there's not a racist white man in existence.
    Of course there is.

No, it's not.
    If you think there's not a single English ref out there that hasn't got an anti-Welsh agenda, then you're clearly f*cking deluded.
    Of course there is.
    You need to take something for that inferiority complex.
    Last edited by Citizen's Nephew; 15-10-22 at 18:23. Reason: ...too many expletives

Football is a stick of rock with, "corruption," written all the way through it.

StT.
    <><

No, it's not.
    Of course there is.
    Why would an English ref have an 'Anti Welsh Agenda'?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve the Tea View Post
    Football is a stick of rock with, "corruption," written all the way through it.

StT.
    <><
    Under starters orders.........

You need to take something for that inferiority complex,
    Stevie Wonder would have analysed that game better than you.
    Do yourself a favour, get yourself to Specsavers.

What I don't understand is, the linesman didn't flag for an infringement and the ref didn't blow for an infringement then why did they have to confer.

Stevie Wonder would have analysed that game better than you.
    Do yourself a favour, get yourself to Specsavers.
    Oh, and now the cheap, casual, offensive jokes about disabled people. You're on a roll. Do yourself a favour and have a laugh at all the non-Welsh players on the Cardiff City side playing in the English Football League. It's almost as embarrassing as the 'same old English, always cheating' chant.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfresco View Post
    What I don't understand is, the linesman didn't flag for an infringement and the ref didn't blow for an infringement then why did they have to confer.
    It's almost as if they work together.

It's almost as if they work together.
    Conspiring against the welsh, no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Conspiring against the welsh, no doubt.
    You could make a killing with a YouTube channel!