+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 23 Years of Labour Led NHS in Wales

23 Years of Labour Led NHS in Wales

Re: 23 Years of Labour Led NHS in Wales

As long as we are chained to the loons in Westminster it will always be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    As long as we are chained to the loons in Westminster it will always be the same.
    I thought Wales was solely responsible for its health service , no Westminster assistance?

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    I thought Wales was solely responsible for its health service , no Westminster assistance?
    If you don’t understand how the uk finances work then don’t post.

I was correcting you if you don’t understand don’t post

And if you don't understand that pouring more money into a broken system won't help it, then you are part of the problem.

It’s sufficiently funded , just allocated in the wrong areas

Free prescription services in wales costs close to £700m

https://gov.wales/prescriptions-wale...arch-2021-html

No that's incorrect

If you give 50 quid to a mate to build a wall but he needs 300 quid to do it then he's going to build a shit wall

Wales needs more cash due to its industrial past and prevalence of long term illness

Quote Originally Posted by lisvaneblue View Post
    And if you don't understand that pouring more money into a broken system won't help it, then you are part of the problem.
    Is that applicable to over the border ? 🤔

It’s sufficiently funded , just allocated in the wrong areas

Free prescription services in wales costs close to £700m

https://gov.wales/prescriptions-wale...arch-2021-html
    You think it's sufficiently funded ?

Is that your view or the experts ? 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Is that applicable to over the border ? ��
    UK wide

You think it's sufficiently funded ?

Is that your view or the experts ? ��
    Have a look at the prescription data link...1.5m prescriptions for aspirin, 1.2m for paracetamol...Gps should not be prescribing this stuff they should be sending people to the local pharmacy for it. But with no prescription charges people want it for free. BUT.. the cost is huge. Your local pharmacy gets paid about £1 for dispensing the aspirin, plus a relatively good ingredient cost, plus an allowance for a container.....what a waste of money.

UK wide
    So this post should be critiquing the funding and management of the NHS England land, Scotland, Wales, NI ?

Well thats a different thing as if you feel the NHS is in the shit uk wide and you feel the answer is not more money but more reorganisation then who is going to offer you that ?

Liz Truss ?

Mr Jeremy Cnut who attacked the NHS last time he was health Secretary?

Good luck with that

Have a look at the prescription data link...1.5m prescriptions for aspirin, 1.2m for paracetamol...Gps should not be prescribing this stuff they should be sending people to the local pharmacy for it. But with no prescription charges people want it for free. BUT.. the cost is huge. Your local pharmacy gets paid about £1 for dispensing the aspirin, plus a relatively good ingredient cost, plus an allowance for a container.....what a waste of money.
    The arguement those that support free prescriptions is that taking everything into consideration the chronic health problems of Wales mean people will take their medication if its provided for free ......and less people are bothering the doctors and hospitals with illnes

The situation is not as easy to resolve as you think imo

So this post should be critiquing the funding and management of the NHS England land, Scotland, Wales, NI ?

Well thats a different thing as if you feel the NHS is in the shit uk wide and you feel the answer is not more money but more reorganisation then who is going to offer you that ?

Liz Truss ?

Mr Jeremy Cnut who attacked the NHS last time he was health Secretary?

Good luck with that
    ~Unfortunately Wales is the worse of the home nations and it's been managed by the same party for over 20 years. The easy answer is that they are putting more money into this into that or that the issue is lack of money. Try going into A&E at UHW ..it's a disgrace...patients cant even get a cup of water.
    I went for a an annual OP checkup recently and asked to make another appt for 12 months time. Do you want a reminder letter they said...No a text will do I replied. Oh we are just getting funding to allow us to send text they said. I asked why when I already get text about covid jabs from `Cardiff and Vale...Oh we are not allowed to use that system....

The arguement those that support free prescriptions is that taking everything into consideration the chronic health problems of Wales mean people will take their medication if its provided for free ......and less people are bothering the doctors and hospitals with illnes

The situation is not as easy to resolve as you think imo
    You've got a good imagination if the think that argument is valid. Where's the evidence to say if it's free you're more likely to take it.

~Unfortunately Wales is the worse of the home nations and it's been managed by the same party for over 20 years. The easy answer is that they are putting more money into this into that or that the issue is lack of money. Try going into A&E at UHW ..it's a disgrace...patients cant even get a cup of water.
    I went for a an annual OP checkup recently and asked to make another appt for 12 months time. Do you want a reminder letter they said...No a text will do I replied. Oh we are just getting funding to allow us to send text they said. I asked why when I already get text about covid jabs from `Cardiff and Vale...Oh we are not allowed to use that system....
    Well daft procedures are not going to be just evident in Cardiff or Wales or England

In the same way that ambulances are a problem in Wales they are a problem in England

Social care is poor all over the UK......and that's because the conservatives privatised it all . The shame of Blair was that he did nothing about this .

Wales is behind on performance and targets but the Tories accuse Labour in Wales of being defensive without realising these problems are as you say uk wide .

I find drakeford annoying and would like to see the back of him but unless there is root and branch reform of the NHS and sensible budgets ......and it will be because of the Truss episode that cuts to Wales will be made ......we are not going anywhere

I enjoyed seeing RT Davies on the end of a leathering , he's a wealthy farmer using the NHS for votes .

You've got a good imagination if the think that argument is valid. Where's the evidence to say if it's free you're more likely to take it.
    Well it's not my arguement , it's the arguement that has been used for years

Well daft procedures are not going to be just evident in Cardiff or Wales or England

In the same way that ambulances are a problem in Wales they are a problem in England

Social care is poor all over the UK......and that's because the conservatives privatised it all . The shame of Blair was that he did nothing about this .

Wales is behind on performance and targets but the Tories accuse Labour in Wales of being defensive without realising these problems are as you say uk wide .

I find drakeford annoying and would like to see the back of him but unless there is root and branch reform of the NHS and sensible budgets ......and it will be because of the Truss episode that cuts to Wales will be made ......we are not going anywhere

I enjoyed seeing RT Davies on the end of a leathering , he's a wealthy farmer using the NHS for votes .
    Fakeford lost it , he didn’t come out of that exchange very well.

Fakeford is not exactly poor for balance

Have a read of that

I am sure the reason is by people taking their medication as prescribed and paid for the spend less time in the doctors chair

BBC News - Free prescriptions 'saving Welsh NHS money for 10 years'
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-39457033

Well it's not my arguement , it's the arguement that has been used for years
    The argument is not as you say...It was that people may get not all their medicines dispensed if they had to pay for each item, or even might not take the prescription to the chemist.
    There is some validity in that. However even in England most people get free prescriptions..I think it's over 85%. Those that pay tend to be younger adults with no chronic illness and not on benefits...the sort they you would say should be paying anyhow.
    What is not acceptable in Wales is turning up at the doctors for a prescription for paracetamol because its free.

Fakeford lost it , he didn’t come out of that exchange very well.

Fakeford is not exactly poor for balance
    Fakeford , Dripford

Dear oh Dear

I thought it was good to see some passion, rt Davies is a pompous tory

Fakeford , Dripford

Dear oh Dear

I thought it was good to see some passion, rt Davies is a pompous tory
    Tory Scum is a term often used by you , dear oh dear

Have a read of that

I am sure the reason is by people taking their medication as prescribed and paid for the spend less time in the doctors chair

BBC News - Free prescriptions 'saving Welsh NHS money for 10 years'
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-39457033
    That's Vaughan Gethin trying to justify it..without credible evidence. There is another school which says if free people don't appreciate it and waste it.

Point is a pack of paracetamol 40p...same pack on prescription dispensed by the chemist £2-£3 cost to NHS

That's Vaughan Gethin trying to justify it..without credible evidence.
    Well have a look into the subject and post what you find as all we have is your word