+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another one bites the dust

Re: Another one bites the dust

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    General Election , let the people choose
    no election needed. it is not unusual in UK politics for a Prime Minister to take office outside of a GE

see link

Quote Originally Posted by DryCleaning View Post
    no election needed. it is not unusual in UK politics for a Prime Minister to take office outside of a GE

see link
    I think anyone who's been listening since 2016 knows that.

What is unusual is for the Prime Minister, and party leader, to change so often. As Eric Cartman pointed out above, last night we had the bonkers spectacle of MPs being threatened with expulsion from the Conservative party if they voted for something that was in the manifesto they fought the last election on! We're long past the stage where the current Prime Minister has a mandate from the electorate for either her original policies or the diametrically opposite ones her Government is now adopting and, unless the next one in the rota to be PM is going to follow the 2019 election manifesto's main policies, they won't have a mandate either.

It’s astonishing that this government has kicked out more Home Secretaries than people to Rwanda.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I think anyone who's been listening since 2016 knows that.

What is unusual is for the Prime Minister, and party leader, to change so often. As Eric Cartman pointed out above, last night we had the bonkers spectacle of MPs being threatened with expulsion from the Conservative party if they voted for something that was in the manifesto they fought the last election on! We're long past the stage where the current Prime Minister has a mandate from the electorate for either her original policies or the diametrically opposite ones her Government is now adopting and, unless the next one in the rota to be PM is going to follow the 2019 election manifesto's main policies, they won't have a mandate either.
    Don't get me wrong, at present we have no functioning government. Its farcical.

But I can't see an election being called as quite a few Tory MPs will be out of work