+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So, who do you want as the next PM

So, who do you want as the next PM

Whoever it is, the odds are stacked towards a disaster.

Presuming that we don't get to have a general election, and it has to be a Tory, which one would you rather?

Re: So, who do you want as the next PM

The lettuce.

I would be concerned if sunak or mordant got in as starmer wouldn't cope with either of them

2 years is enough for the blue meanies to reduce those poll ratings

So I am going for Micheal Fabricant

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    Whoever it is, the odds are stacked towards a disaster.

Presuming that we don't get to have a general election, and it has to be a Tory, which one would you rather?
    Sunak, perhaps with Mordaunt as deputy.

I have to say though, the odds are not stacked on it being a disaster in my opinion, for the following reasons;

1 / They cannot f*ck up as much as she has
    2 / Barring a terrifying escalation in the war, the global situation *probably* cannot get too much worse than it is now, although it could improve considerably before any general election
    3 / The market will probably welcome them, especially if it is someone like Sunak.
    4 / Umm, the only way is probably up polling wise!

They will face many challenges, but following on from the last couple of months probably makes it easier for whoever comes next tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post

I have to say though, the odds are not stacked on it being a disaster in my opinion, for the following reasons;

I really wouldn't under estimate the capability of some of these people to f*** up. Suella is in the running, apparently.

2 / Barring a terrifying escalation in the war, the global situation *probably* cannot get too much worse than it is now, although it could improve considerably before any general election

Well, we've got the potential blackouts and ACTUAL winter for people to experience yet. I think there's still prospect for things to go downhill a bit further just yet

3 / The market will probably welcome them, especially if it is someone like Sunak.

If it's not Sunak, then...

I'm glad you used the word probably there!

They will face many challenges, but following on from the last couple of months probably makes it easier for whoever comes next tbh.
    I'm not quite sure about that. Think it may be a poisoned chalice for whoever takes it over. Although you'd think they'd last a bit longer

I'm really conflicted.

The left-leaning side of me would like Suella. Because she strikes me as an evil witch who may be the only one who has enough capacity to take them lower.

On the other hand, the left-leaning side of me hopes she never gets near cabinet ever again.

I think my preference would be Rishi. Still tainted by the Boris administration, and someone so out of touch with the reality of normal life for people that there will be easy political ground to be made against him in this climate. But a safe pair of hands with regards the economy until an election

Keir Starmer

Roy Hattersley or a tub of lard?

Keir Starmer, but it doesn't seem that the general public have a say anymore.

Johnson has just confirmed he's running. New manager bounce?

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Johnson has just confirmed he's running. New manager bounce?
    he's also still being investigated. It would be laughed at if politics hadn't already sunk so low

Quote Originally Posted by DryCleaning View Post
    Roy Hattersley or a tub of lard?
    Terese Coffey seriously?

Whoever it is, it seems to me that the Tory's are putting the cart before the horse here. We're supposed to have a new PM a week today and then the Chancellor is going to give us more details of spending plans on Halloween day against a background of the OBR report which we should have had for Kwarteng and Truss' "experiment". Shouldn't there be an OBR report out there now though so that the proposals of any candidate can be examined and people can decide whether they're viable or not? Clearly, it would not have detailed analysis on proposals we hear about on 31 October, but it'd give everyone an idea of the sums involved and where we stand currently on the back of the u turns announced by Hunt on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Whoever it is, it seems to me that the Tory's are putting the cart before the horse here. We're supposed to have a new PM a week today and then the Chancellor is going to give us more details of spending plans on Halloween day against a background of the OBR report which we should have had for Kwarteng and Truss' "experiment". Shouldn't there be an OBR report out there now though so that the proposals of any candidate can be examined and people can decide whether they're viable or not? Clearly, it would not have detailed analysis on proposals we hear about on 31 October, but it'd give everyone an idea of the sums involved and where we stand currently on the back of the u turns announced by Hunt on Monday.
    I don't think anyone knows what the hell is going on tbh.

In fairness, a week is a very short time period for a leadership election, so that is good. In the meantime, I guess departments operate on the agreed 2022/23 budget. I assume the OBR cease working on their analysis of Kwartengs budget and I would suggest they take a week off in Tenerife to prepare for whatever the new leader intends to present.

Extraordinary times.

I don't think anyone knows what the hell is going on tbh.

In fairness, a week is a very short time period for a leadership election, so that is good. In the meantime, I guess departments operate on the agreed 2022/23 budget. I assume the OBR cease working on their analysis of Kwartengs budget and I would suggest they take a week off in Tenerife to prepare for whatever the new leader intends to present.

Extraordinary times.
    It's good in theory that they plan to get a new leader in a week to limit the uncertainty. But on the flip side, if they managed to make such a hash of it in 6 weeks and endless debate then it does give some cause for concern, too

Quote Originally Posted by superfeathers View Post
    I'm really conflicted.

The left-leaning side of me would like Suella. Because she strikes me as an evil witch who may be the only one who has enough capacity to take them lower.

On the other hand, the left-leaning side of me hopes she never gets near cabinet ever again.

I think my preference would be Rishi. Still tainted by the Boris administration, and someone so out of touch with the reality of normal life for people that there will be easy political ground to be made against him in this climate. But a safe pair of hands with regards the economy until an election
    SB has literally been sacked 2 days ago for a breach of the code of practice. The facts she is being asked if she is running is quite staggering.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    SB has literally been sacked 2 days ago for a breach of the code of practice. The facts she is being asked if she is running is quite staggering.
    I thought she resigned..

First Team

2CLs would be nice.

Clive Lewis and Caroline Lucas as joint leaders in a Lab/Green Coalition.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Keir Starmer, but it doesn't seem that the general public have a say anymore.
    January 2025.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    In a minute they'll be saying Boris Johnson is running

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    2CLs would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    January 2025.
    Or sooner given imminent government collapse

You are still at it

You said in a post recently you were going to vote for starmer

Now you are back to sticking up for the Tories

Sort yourself out

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    You are still at it

You said in a post recently you were going to vote for starmer

Now you are back to sticking up for the Tories

Sort yourself out
    Sludgey

Philomena is a busted flush. They/he/he won't tell us what his expertise is and is constantly contradicting him/her/themself.

Quote Originally Posted by az city View Post
    2CLs would be nice.

Dream team!

From a Caribbean happy hour, Boris Johnson promises no more parties in Downing Street