+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Luke Harris

Luke Harris

Officially a Premier League player.

Re: Luke Harris

Apparently Chelsea are interested. He can join Ampadu inter-railing around Europe on loan if he does join them!

Given our slim pickings in that position internationally he has to make the WC squad surely.

Quote Originally Posted by PhyllisStant View Post
    Apparently Chelsea are interested. He can join Ampadu inter-railing around Europe on loan if he does join them!

Given our slim pickings in that position internationally he has to make the WC squad surely.
    He's only 17.6 years old and he's probably still behind Jonniesta in the pecking order

Ampadu is playing well in Serie A today, better than sitting on the bench at Chelsea with the World Cup coming up.

Brennan Johnson dropped by Forest today. It’s been coming… looks lacking confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Brennan Johnson dropped by Forest today. It’s been coming… looks lacking confidence.
    He's the new Mo Salah according to WB. Ampadu was The 'Welsh Beckenbauer' if i recall. Luke Harris must be shitting himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    He's the new Mo Salah according to WB.
    He's ahead of Salah age wise. I actually said he should join a big club with a top manager as an understudy, so that he could learn from the best. Staying at Forest was always going to be a challenge as he was their standout player, and moving to the Premier League at his age depended on the team hitting the ground running, and not being part of a group of underperforming players.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    He's ahead of Salah age wise. I actually said he should join a big club with a top manager as an understudy, so that he could learn from the best. Staying at Forest was always going to be a challenge as he was their standout player, and moving to the Premier League at his age depended on the team hitting the ground running, and not being part of a group of underperforming players.
    He's part of that group of under performing players, you do understand that?

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    He's part of that group of under performing players, you do understand that?
    Yep, playing up front out wide, with a shite midfield and defence behind him, and strikers who are afraid to pass the ball to each other.

Johnson’s a good player but someone with the talent you seem to think he has would stand out in any team.. and unfortunately he doesn’t do that. In my opinion, most of our younger Welsh squad are going to have good mid-level careers but they’re not going to play regularly for top 6 clubs. I’d be very surprised from what I’ve seen of Campbell at Wolves that he’ll play regularly at anything above Championship standard.. be happy to be wrong on any of this though

Johnson’s a good player but someone with the talent you seem to think he has would stand out in any team.. and unfortunately he doesn’t do that. In my opinion, most of our younger Welsh squad are going to have good mid-level careers but they’re not going to play regularly for top 6 clubs. I’d be very surprised from what I’ve seen of Campbell at Wolves that he’ll play regularly at anything above Championship standard.. be happy to be wrong on any of this though
    Even Messi in his prime would look shite in that Forest team a few games back, they were absolutely clueless.

I'm confident Johnson will play for a top 6 side

I think Ampadu will go on to have a very good career also, still only 22.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I'm confident Johnson will play for a top 6 side

I think Ampadu will go on to have a very good career also, still only 22.
    I don’t think Ampadu will

Ridiculously overrated and only in spotlight as welsh

Agree with Johnson though

Even Messi in his prime would look shite in that Forest team a few games back, they were absolutely clueless.
    Nope.

He looks ready physically, maybe he could be a wildcard for Qatar?

2.jpg

Rubbish. 😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Rubbish. 😂😂😂
    Roy Keane had a very good season the year Forest were relegated and got a move to Manchester United. He was 21, and Forest were pretty shit that season. Keane is no Messi!

Shouldn’t Page get him capped as soon as possible?

Not seen Harris play, so I’d sayJohnson is the best of the emerging Welsh players currently, so I rate him, but Forest leave him out and they get their best result of the season.He’s not the finished article yet- I’d still have in the starting eleven against USA though.

We have four weeks to go before our first World Cup game and there are still question marks over the fitness of Bale, Ramsey, Allen and Brooks, plus Wilson hasn't played much after his lengthy layoff. Taking Harris to Qatar would be a gamble, but not everyone gets to play anyway, and he is probably the closest we have to a Ramsey type of player. The alternative is Jonniesta and the usual bunch of bench warmers who won't be giving opposition managers any sleepless nights.

I’d be very surprised from what I’ve seen of Campbell at Wolves that he’ll play regularly at anything above Championship standard.. be happy to be wrong on any of this though
    So you've written off a 19 year-old after 4 substitute appearances for a bottom of the league team?

So you've written off a 19 year-old after 4 substitute appearances for a bottom of the league team?
    That’s a strange interpretation of my post

That’s a strange interpretation of my post
    We need you down the City as Director of Football

We need you down the City as Director of Football
    With your track record and knowledge of the game I doubt I’d have much competition from you😜