+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Tan out, Dalhman out, the whole board out.

Re: Tan out, Dalhman out, the whole board out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    I do think it’s ironic when fans moan at a guy living in Malaysia and don’t go 10 miles to the ground themselves unless they are in the play off places.
    Why?

Fans can attend when they like.
    Especially so when treated like a customer by the club.

I used to attend religiously home and away. Not as much these days. Football feels very different to the game I fell in love with. Not helped at all due to owners like Tan.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    A better question would surely be ‘when was the last time a number of the people responding to this thread actually watched a match in person’. You cant question a board members loyalty or interest in the club, whilst sitting at home criticising from the comfort of an armchair.
    Yesterday.

Fans have this misguided notion that because we buy a season ticket we're part of the club. We're not. The entire fanbase could change overnight and as long as they're selling seats and merchandise they don't give a f*ck about us. Just because we care about the club doesn't mean we have any power, say, input or respect. Unless/until clubs are co-owned by local communities and the fanbase then it's just going to get worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    I do think it’s ironic when fans moan at a guy living in Malaysia and don’t go 10 miles to the ground themselves unless they are in the play off places.
    It's a good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Fans have this misguided notion that because we buy a season ticket we're part of the club. We're not. The entire fanbase could change overnight and as long as they're selling seats and merchandise they don't give a f*ck about us. Just because we care about the club doesn't mean we have any power, say, input or respect. Unless/until clubs are co-owned by local communities and the fanbase then it's just going to get worse.
    Exactly this.

It doesn't matter if you've seen every minute or none.
    Tan cares about nothing much but the money you're spending.

Choo was there yesterday I understand, and maybe goes fairly often, but I don't think Dalman does, and Tan hasn't been for years has he? Alright, there was covid, but even so. If I owned a football club I'd at least go sometimes if I was interested in it.