+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tan out, Dalhman out, the whole board out.

Re: Tan out, Dalhman out, the whole board out.

For me being 9th highest spenders when you're overhauling a squad and the division isn't spending anything great isn't as great a measure of the club backing a manager in my opinion.

In their wisdom they then sacked the manager they backed after 8 games.

People wanted a change of style

We were told we would have to cut costs

Morison chopped the squad up and brought in plenty of new faces

In hindsight most of the players he bought were not good enough for this level

We are where we are

I don't think Hudson is a first team manager at this level . I wouldn't sack him though as I don't believe any manager bar someone like warnock could get the maximum out of this squad .

I think we are more in danger of relegation this season than we have been for some time .

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    People wanted a change of style

We were told we would have to cut costs

Morison chopped the squad up and brought in plenty of new faces

In hindsight most of the players he bought were not good enough for this level

We are where we are

I don't think Hudson is a first team manager at this level . I wouldn't sack him though as I don't believe any manager bar someone like warnock could get the maximum out of this squad .

I think we are more in danger of relegation this season than we have been for some time .
    Agree on the relegation point mate, Coventry will pull away from us, Middlesbrough are better than us. We are in REAL danger this season

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Agree on the relegation point mate, Coventry will pull away from us, Middlesbrough are better than us. We are in REAL danger this season
    Meanwhile our board scratch their heads trying to work out who fits the bill as a manager who can get a squad of mainly freebies to the top half of the table while having to update Tan every time he goes for a pi$$

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    lol

We've just spent **** loads on players. Tan's backed us.

We just have selected the wrong manager at the wrong time.
    You think we've got lots of quality in the squad?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    You think we've got lots of quality in the squad?
    No

And how is that the fault of the board?

All they did was sanction transfers that the manager asked for

We every manager we’ve had, got the job based on results and would be even more board bashing if we hadn’t given jobs at the time

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    No

And how is that the fault of the board?

All they did was sanction transfers that the manager asked for

We every manager we’ve had, got the job based on results and would be even more board bashing if we hadn’t given jobs at the time
    I'll tell you why it is the fault of the board and the owner.

They picked the manager that they wanted with all of their so called experience and knowledge that they think they have (they must do as they don't employ anybody to supplement it or in the Director of Football role).

They then assign themselves as the transfer committee with Tan at the head of this and ultimately having the final say on the signings.

So the board feel that the personnel they have is good enough, picked the manager and oversee every signing as part of their self assigned transfer committee and final sign off.

I'll flip it and ask why do the board remain blameless despite having hands on decision making at virtually every level?

Let's not forget here, if they are out of their depth and admit as much and employ somebody who can do the job well then people wouldn't have an issue with this. They seem too up themselves to admit they are lacking in a very big way in what they do.

In any other line of work if you were asked to install a competent manager and failed as much as these lot then you'd be out.

Not here. We just keep picking random managers and then sack them when they fail to work under the system in place at Cardiff City.

Many of the managers at Cardiff City were not up to it but it is the system that is broken. We are at a crossroads where the board and owner see that it is broken and look to fix it or just keep repeating the process and hope we strike gold with another Warnock who can a) work with Tan and b) can manipulate the board and owner to his own ends.
    We are fast running out of time though.

I have no problem with Tan but i just can't get my head around why he keeps Dalman here.
    He's been badly advised since the start and i'm sure he knows this so why hasn't he changed things

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    We are sleep walking to relegation and have been for years now. The root cause of this is the owner and the board. “Better the devil you know” “oh but we were going out of business” “debt to equity”, all these bullshit lines that Tan sympathisers roll out all the time aren’t good enough anymore.

In my opinion after ten years, ripping my club to shreds through the rebrand, we are no better off than we were when Tan joined.
    Your Crazy without Tan Cardiff city are bust and no one will buy us .

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    It surprises me too.

We only paid a transfer fee for 3 out of the 17 that came in (Robinson £1.5m, Etete £500k and Tanner around £40k), but there may have been loan fees and 'sign on fees' for a few out of contract players.

Overall we slashed the wages from the year before (down by 30%+ I think from the figures discussed here last month), with a reduced average salary target, but no-one really knows the individual wages of the incoming players.

The Athletic did a review of summer 2022 Championship transfers and claimed that a few relegated clubs were spending a lot to restructure (though Norwich held on to most of their Premier League squad) but a lot of clubs were totally reliant on frees and loans (although they too could have paid loan or signing fees):

https://theathletic.com/3561377/2022...ndow-round-up/

As the summer underlined, this is a level increasingly dominated by transfers without cost. Championship clubs signed 65 free agents this summer, almost three apiece, while also agreeing to 79 loan deals. It is hard to be clear in the age of undisclosed fees, but it is estimated that only 47 transfers required a sum to be exchanged.

Reading, who remain the only EFL club operating under a transfer embargo, were joined by Bristol City, Coventry City, Queens Park Rangers, Rotherham United and Stoke City in dealing only in loans and free transfers. Preston North End and Wigan Athletic, meanwhile, only parted with nominal amounts.

That puts our spending above 8 other Championship clubs - but doubt it puts us very high in the spending league.
    Based on fee per player I'd guess we're bottom of the 24 by some way.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    I’m going off of Transfermarkt. They’ve not got a price for Robinson but at ~£2m spent that makes us 9th in terms of spending.
    but that money is spread across basically an entire new squad.
    other teams might have had a settled squad and spent the same on one or two new additions to push them onto the next level

You get what you pay for and, word it how you like, we're doing things very much on the cheap at Cardiff City now.

If Tan remains I think we need a manager here that is as good at managing up as he is managing the squad and his staff below him.
    For that reason I think we need an experienced manager.

Do I think Tan will change? Judging what he has done here, other than spending less on the squad, it doesn't seem likely. I do though think we need a Warnock type of manager in terms of experience. Not so much the football but somebody that has links, knows how to work day to day with a demanding and sometimes intrusive owner and one that can sell them a vision.
    I don't think the younger managers have worked here because while the job on the footballing side is a big task it is probably as big a job getting Tan, Mehmet and Choo singing from the same hymn sheet and keeping them happy. If we are honest Mehmet and Choo are just yes men for Tan anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    You get what you pay for and, word it how you like, we're doing things very much on the cheap at Cardiff City now.

If Tan remains I think we need a manager here that is as good at managing up as he is managing the squad and his staff below him.
    For that reason I think we need an experienced manager.

Do I think Tan will change? Judging what he has done here, other than spending less on the squad, it doesn't seem likely. I do though think we need a Warnock type of manager in terms of experience. Not so much the football but somebody that has links, knows how to work day to day with a demanding and sometimes intrusive owner and one that can sell them a vision.
    I don't think the younger managers have worked here because while the job on the footballing side is a big task it is probably as big a job getting Tan, Mehmet and Choo singing from the same hymn sheet and keeping them happy. If we are honest Mehmet and Choo are just yes men for Tan anyway.
    Why is Tan still employing them it don't make sense?

Meanwhile our board scratch their heads trying to work out who fits the bill as a manager who can get a squad of mainly freebies to the top half of the table while having to update Tan every time he goes for a pi$$
    What do you mean by update Tan every time he goes for a pi$$?

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    Why is Tan still employing them it don't make sense?
    Choo is Tan’s man on the ground in the UK spending 2 and a half days a week running us (according to Dalman) and also running H R Owen (owned by Tan) selling Lamborghinis to the great and the good of this country. No doubt he also keeps an eye on the House of Sport in which Tan has an interest. Choo will be here as long as Tan is.

Quote Originally Posted by Enoch Mort View Post
    Choo is Tan’s man on the ground in the UK spending 2 and a half days a week running us (according to Dalman) and also running H R Owen (owned by Tan) selling Lamborghinis to the great and the good of this country. No doubt he also keeps an eye on the House of Sport in which Tan has an interest. Choo will be here as long as Tan is.
    But why are they still employed by Tan if they are doing such a poor job at Cardiff City?
    It don't make sense.

When was the last time Tan, Dalman and Choo watched a match in person?

But why are they still employed by Tan if they are doing such a poor job at Cardiff City?
    It don't make sense.

Perhaps Tan thinks Choo is doing a good job ? Our and anyone else’s opinion doesn’t seem to matter.

It don't make sense.
    A factor may be that a company controlled by Mehmet Dalman (Tormen Finance Inc.)has lent very substantial sums of money to CCFC . It was £20m and rumour has it that it is now substantially more.

If this goes t!ts up debt wise Sam Hammam could be considered small fry compared to Tan and Dalman's company.

What are the levels of debt owing to Tan and Dalman in comparison to what Hammam/Langstone said they were owed?

If this goes t!ts up debt wise Sam Hammam could be considered small fry compared to Tan and Dalman's company.

What are the levels of debt owing to Tan and Dalman in comparison to what Hammam/Langstone said they were owed?
    Hammam got us into 30/40 million of debt took us to the brink and still demanded payments and fees.
    The worse thing that could happen to Cardiff City is hammam coming back in any capacity..
    He messed up big time with ridiculous wages and tranfers and some think he's so e footballing guru.
    He borrowed from some company he refused to admit he was a part of.
    If he comes back our debts will go to ridiculous levels god help us that's all i will say..

Hammam got us into 30/40 million of debt took us to the brink and still demanded payments and fees.
    The worse thing that could happen to Cardiff City is hammam coming back in any capacity..
    He messed up big time with ridiculous wages and tranfers and some think he's so e footballing guru.
    He borrowed from some company he refused to admit he was a part of.
    If he comes back our debts will go to ridiculous levels god help us that's all i will say..
    As I've posted in another thread Hammam pursued us for £31 million. The debts owing to Tan, Dalman and The Directors is currently at £109 million with interest adding £3.7 million a year at current levels.

Let's not forget either than Hammam also said he was spending his own money. Until it all changed and he wanted it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Undercoverinwurzelland View Post
    When was the last time Tan, Dalman and Choo watched a match in person?
    A better question would surely be ‘when was the last time a number of the people responding to this thread actually watched a match in person’. You cant question a board members loyalty or interest in the club, whilst sitting at home criticising from the comfort of an armchair.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    A better question would surely be ‘when was the last time a number of the people responding to this thread actually watched a match in person’. You cant question a board members loyalty or interest in the club, whilst sitting at home criticising from the comfort of an armchair.
    I do think it’s ironic when fans moan at a guy living in Malaysia and don’t go 10 miles to the ground themselves unless they are in the play off places.