+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tan out, Dalhman out, the whole board out.

Re: Tan out, Dalhman out, the whole board out.

I’m not reading this whole thread but I expect it is full of irate individuals wanting a guy who lives thousands of miles away to spend yet more millions on our hobby.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    I’m not reading this whole thread but I expect it is full of irate individuals wanting a guy who lives thousands of miles away to spend yet more millions on our hobby.
    Is that you Vincent?

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Someone else buys us, Tan ****s off.

Not that easy I know but I’m not paid to worry about those kind of decisions. As a fan I can demand better.
    That’s relying on someone wanting to buy us (then us hoping they are better for us). I’m not sure it’s simple as “out”.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post
    Is that you Vincent?
    Is that you Sam? 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Is that you Sam? ��
    Beat me to it

If Tan can't find anyone to buy the club at a price he'll accept he needs to appoint a new board of directors, then let them run the club without interference. They're costing him money and us our sanity.

where's Ben Steele..?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Is that you Sam? ��
    Yeah lads you got me.
    I want to take over the club again and think I'll be welcomed with open arms after putting the club in so much debt last time.

I've just struck it lucky that this owner is as incompetent, if not worse, than I was so I can put the boot into him.

Sadly it is simply just a regular fan wanting an owner to admit his mistakes and fix the club or ship out.

When we went up, especially the second time, it seemed like the dawn of something big.
    The board and Tan messed it up royally twice.

Do you honestly think that the promotions were down to Tan and board or more likely down to managers with a bit of savvy to get us up? I know what I think.

If it was in any large part down to Tan then how have they failed so badly since Warnock. They've not got a clue.
    Malky was given a shedload of cash and Warnock is a proven Championship promotion manager, who again was backed with money.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    Malky was given a shedload of cash and Warnock is a proven Championship promotion manager, who again was backed with money.
    Exactly.
    We had two decent managers who were backed with money. It was down to the managers.

That doesn't excuse the 7 unbelievably crap ones we installed. We are also now trying to achieve on a shoestring because Tan has lost interest.

SgorioFruit and i'm having a laugh
    SgorioFruit and i'm having a laugh

Exactly.
    We had two decent managers who were backed with money. It was down to the managers.

That doesn't excuse the 7 unbelievably crap ones we installed. We are also now trying to achieve on a shoestring because Tan has lost interest.
    with ffp we have to pick and choose when to push the boat out, it has to be built up to these days.

Exactly.

We’re one of the higher spending clubs in this summer’s transfer window. Most clubs are being run on a shoestring budget these days

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    We are sleep walking to relegation and have been for years now. The root cause of this is the owner and the board. “Better the devil you know” “oh but we were going out of business” “debt to equity”, all these bullshit lines that Tan sympathisers roll out all the time aren’t good enough anymore.

In my opinion after ten years, ripping my club to shreds through the rebrand, we are no better off than we were when Tan joined.
    So who is going to take over the Club?

We’re one of the higher spending clubs in this summer’s transfer window. Most clubs are being run on a shoestring budget these days
    What are the figures?

I've not seen them. This surprises me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleve van Leef View Post
    So who is going to take over the Club?
    Not in my control to answer that, as a fan and paying customer I’m voicing my discontent.

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    So we hope Tan, Dalman and the rest just quit and walk away from the money they are owed? Then we have no board so what do we do then? A message board consortium? No one is going to buy this by club unless Tan wants to write off ridiculous amounts of debt.
    A message board consortium - that would be fun

CEO Bluej
    Manager - Pedro
    Coach - tuerto
    Fans liaison - dmls
    Comms - TOBW

Not sure who is rich enough to own us but that would be my dream team as a starter for 10

What are the figures?

It surprises me too.

We only paid a transfer fee for 3 out of the 17 that came in (Robinson £1.5m, Etete £500k and Tanner around £40k), but there may have been loan fees and 'sign on fees' for a few out of contract players.

Overall we slashed the wages from the year before (down by 30%+ I think from the figures discussed here last month), with a reduced average salary target, but no-one really knows the individual wages of the incoming players.

The Athletic did a review of summer 2022 Championship transfers and claimed that a few relegated clubs were spending a lot to restructure (though Norwich held on to most of their Premier League squad) but a lot of clubs were totally reliant on frees and loans (although they too could have paid loan or signing fees):

https://theathletic.com/3561377/2022...ndow-round-up/

As the summer underlined, this is a level increasingly dominated by transfers without cost. Championship clubs signed 65 free agents this summer, almost three apiece, while also agreeing to 79 loan deals. It is hard to be clear in the age of undisclosed fees, but it is estimated that only 47 transfers required a sum to be exchanged.

Reading, who remain the only EFL club operating under a transfer embargo, were joined by Bristol City, Coventry City, Queens Park Rangers, Rotherham United and Stoke City in dealing only in loans and free transfers. Preston North End and Wigan Athletic, meanwhile, only parted with nominal amounts.

That puts our spending above 8 other Championship clubs - but doubt it puts us very high in the spending league.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    It surprises me too.

We only paid a transfer fee for 3 out of the 17 that came in (Robinson £1.5m, Etete £500k and Tanner around £40k), but there may have been loan fees and 'sign on fees' for a few out of contract players.

Overall we slashed the wages from the year before (down by 30%+ I think from the figures discussed here last month), with a reduced average salary target, but no-one really knows the individual wages of the incoming players.

The Athletic did a review of summer 2022 Championship transfers and claimed that a few relegated clubs were spending a lot to restructure (though Norwich held on to most of their Premier League squad) but a lot of clubs were totally reliant on frees and loans (although they too could have paid loan or signing fees):

https://theathletic.com/3561377/2022...ndow-round-up/

As the summer underlined, this is a level increasingly dominated by transfers without cost. Championship clubs signed 65 free agents this summer, almost three apiece, while also agreeing to 79 loan deals. It is hard to be clear in the age of undisclosed fees, but it is estimated that only 47 transfers required a sum to be exchanged.

Reading, who remain the only EFL club operating under a transfer embargo, were joined by Bristol City, Coventry City, Queens Park Rangers, Rotherham United and Stoke City in dealing only in loans and free transfers. Preston North End and Wigan Athletic, meanwhile, only parted with nominal amounts.

That puts our spending above 8 other Championship clubs - but doubt it puts us very high in the spending league.
    Looking at it another way. Our spending of roughly £2million (and certainly less than £3million) is less than Tan was paying out per month to bridge the gap in wages alone last year.

Does anybody know what our wage bill was last season?
    Is Tan still having to pay money to keep us afloat?

Given the wages of the players who went out and what we've replaced them with you'd expect it to be a fair bit less.

I don't understand why Tan can't just sack everyone. It's obvious that Dalman, Choo et al aren't up to it. They must be on a wedge, they must be replaceable. WTF is going on?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    He's spending the money anyway, why not try to get the most for it?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I don't understand why Tan can't just sack everyone. It's obvious that Dalman, Choo et al aren't up to it. They must be on a wedge, they must be replaceable. WTF is going on?
    He’s never run any of his other businesses like this, he can’t have as he would have zero cash

What are the figures?

I’m going off of Transfermarkt. They’ve not got a price for Robinson but at ~£2m spent that makes us 9th in terms of spending.

I’m going off of Transfermarkt. They’ve not got a price for Robinson but at ~£2m spent that makes us 9th in terms of spending.
    9th in a league of 24 having had to sign 17 players through necessity due to letting a lot of big earners go out of the door.

That is an average of less than £120,000 per signing.

Given the rebuild I don't think Tan has backed the manager as well as he could or should have done. Many believe it has all the hallmarks of being a money saving exercise. Wages especially.

Given what we had to replace I think you'd be hard pressed to find a squad of players for less at this level outside of promoting the reserves (and we know we tried that partially last season too).

Does anyone know what really happened with Morison?