+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Rishi Sunak First Black PM ?? Muslim v Islam Eeek

Re: Rishi Sunak First Black PM ?? Muslim v Islam Eeek

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Rishi Sunak was the chancellor who approved absolutely unprecedented government spending on the greatest welfare scheme in British history that kept literally millions in work during the pandemic.

Lazy tropes are deployed by both left and right, as you have handily demonstrated above.
    He had no choice , same with the energy bills although they cocked that up

The Tories don't do welfare because they care they do it because if they didn't there would be rioting

It's not a character trait of the Tories to be kind

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    You say it as if his hand wasn't forced. The furlough scheme would've been implemented whether it was Churchill, Thatcher, Corbyn, Truss or Ozzy Osbourne in charge.
    Course it would have been

The Tories havnt suddenly developed a social conscience

They are snakes

Rishi Sunak was the chancellor who approved absolutely unprecedented government spending on the greatest welfare scheme in British history that kept literally millions in work during the pandemic.

Lazy tropes are deployed by both left and right, as you have handily demonstrated above.
    Yes he was,but weren't the UK one of the last countries to implement such a scheme. It was also open to huge fraud of about £6bn. A bit more planning and tighter controls over the scheme and the bounceback loans and the current dilemmas he faces now wouldn't be as bad as they currently are.

Last few responses are incredible.

First you speak as if it didn't happen.
    Then you say he only did it cos he was forced
    Then it's the case that every politician would have done it.

Instead of all your mental gymnastics, why not just accept the reality: Politics isn't as black and white as you wish it was. Not all of the people who belong to the party you don't vote for are animals, they are all capable of good and bad.

There's plenty of reasons to criticise the Tories, but when you do it for every single thing, even made up things that exist in your own heads, it just exposes your motivation.

Oh calm down with your faux outrage. Do you think Sunak implemented the furlough scheme because he wanted to help the working class or needed to to avoid chaos?

Last few responses are incredible.

First you speak as if it didn't happen.
    Then you say he only did it cos he was forced
    Then it's the case that every politician would have done it.

Instead of all your mental gymnastics, why not just accept the reality: Politics isn't as black and white as you wish it was. Not all of the people who belong to the party you don't vote for are animals, they are all capable of good and bad.

There's plenty of reasons to criticise the Tories, but when you do it for every single thing, even made up things that exist in your own heads, it just exposes your motivation.
    James if you have nothing useful to reply with, you don't need to turn on the condescending machine.

What I will say is I don't specifically remember anybody on here arguing against the scope/size of the furlough scheme at the time on here except me. I still hold the same view, that some kind of support scheme was necessary but that ours made little sense the more it unravelled. It felt a bit like Corbyn's manifesto where more and more imaginary money came leaking up through the floorboards as time went on. We are all paying for lack of measured response and scrutiny now and will be for the rest of our lives.

Lest we forget.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwqQvrqunp8

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Says it all. A Tory member.

I wonder if he voted Brexit.😂😂😂

Oh calm down with your faux outrage. Do you think Sunak implemented the furlough scheme because he wanted to help the working class or needed to to avoid chaos?
    You are presupposing.

When Labour help the working class its because they are moral and its the right thing to do. When the Tories do it it is to avoid rioting in the streets.

Do any of you actually read what you write and consider it objectively?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Yes he was,but weren't the UK one of the last countries to implement such a scheme. It was also open to huge fraud of about £6bn. A bit more planning and tighter controls over the scheme and the bounceback loans and the current dilemmas he faces now wouldn't be as bad as they currently are.
    The issue with controls is that you need to get the money into the economy fast and to do that you have to ensure that applications are processed quickly. It was a trade off and it was expected that there would be fraud.

Quote Originally Posted by DryCleaning View Post
    You are presupposing.

When Labour help the working class its because they are moral and its the right thing to do. When the Tories do it it is to avoid rioting in the streets.

You are presupposing.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    James if you have nothing useful to reply with, you don't need to turn on the condescending machine.

What I will say is I don't specifically remember anybody on here arguing against the scope/size of the furlough scheme at the time on here except me. I still hold the same view, that some kind of support scheme was necessary but that ours made little sense the more it unravelled. It felt a bit like Corbyn's manifesto where more and more imaginary money came leaking up through the floorboards as time went on. We are all paying for lack of measured response and scrutiny now and will be for the rest of our lives.
    I think it's a valid reply to point out to people who dish out the usual tropes about him not caring about poorer people etc that the scale of help given to people in the pandemic was absolutely unprecedented. There's people on CCMB who would have lost jobs, homes and maybe lots more without it.

Yes, any chancellor would have done it, but therefore every chancellor should be praised for it.

You are presupposing.
    Well done. here's a Bunty badge.

I think it's a valid reply to point out to people who dish out the usual tropes about him not caring about poorer people etc that the scale of help given to people in the pandemic was absolutely unprecedented. There's people on CCMB who would have lost jobs, homes and maybe lots more without it.

Yes, any chancellor would have done it, but therefore every chancellor should be praised for it.
    What a turncoat you are

Only a few days ago you were voting for starmer

Now you up to your nuts in the Tories again

You were clearly bullshitting all along

Your credibility is down the toilet sonny

You are presupposing.

A true working class hero…

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/25...yorks%29/votes

Voted for reforming the NHS so GPs buy services on behalf of their patients

Generally voted against laws to promote equality and human rights

Generally voted against measures to prevent climate change

Always voted for a reduction in spending on welfare benefits

Consistently voted for reducing capital gains tax

Generally voted against more powers for local councils

Generally voted for reducing central government funding of local government

Generally voted for reducing the rate of corporation tax

Voted against making rental properties fit for human habitation

A true working class hero…

https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/25...yorks%29/votes

Voted for reforming the NHS so GPs buy services on behalf of their patients

Generally voted against laws to promote equality and human rights

Generally voted against measures to prevent climate change

Always voted for a reduction in spending on welfare benefits

Consistently voted for reducing capital gains tax

Generally voted against more powers for local councils

Generally voted for reducing central government funding of local government

Generally voted for reducing the rate of corporation tax

Voted against making rental properties fit for human habitation
    you may want to check how Rishi voted before posting such nonsense.

for example, Rishi voted against reducing CGT rate

And I never said he was a working class hero. I said he was a centrist.

you may want to check how Rishi voted before posting such nonsense.

for example, Rishi voted against reducing CGT rate
    Fair enough, I read that one wrong. Doubling checking the others and they're correct however.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    What a turncoat you are

Only a few days ago you were voting for starmer

Now you up to your nuts in the Tories again

You were clearly bullshitting all along

Your credibility is down the toilet sonny
    Politics is a Newcastle United shirt to you Sludgey.

The reality for me and for most others is very different.

You are presupposing.

Labour or Tory, there would have been riots if people were told not go to work and not compensated for the money they stood to lose - the furlough scheme, or something like it, had to be introduced.

Labour or Tory, there would have been riots if people were told not go to work and not compensated for the money they stood to lose - the furlough scheme, or something like it, had to be introduced.

This is the same tory govt that reduced the 20 quid increase in universal credit as soon as they could

Utter bastards

crisis event > furlough > economic chaos > great reset

I domt disagree.

My comment was about the left saying the Tories do it through gritted teeth. There is no evidence for this other than political bluster

I domt disagree.

My comment was about the left saying the Tories do it through gritted teeth. There is no evidence for this other than political bluster
    Other than their actions over the last 12 years and manifesto pledges.

You cant use public spending decisions during a crisis like COVID or the one we are currently in to determine what a party stands for in normal times.

Other than their actions over the last 12 years and manifesto pledges.

You cant use public spending decisions during a crisis like COVID or the one we are currently in to determine what a party stands for in normal times.
    I agree

Thats why it's wrong to say the Tories acted reluctantly. There is no evidence they did.

I agree

Thats why it's wrong to say the Tories acted reluctantly. There is no evidence they did.
    Would the massive reluctance to extend the furlough scheme (which under pressure he eventually did), be an indication that it would have initially been through gritted teeth?