Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 0 ROTHERHAM UNITED. Match thread

FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 0 ROTHERHAM UNITED. Match thread

Saturday 29th October 2022. ko 3:00pm

Match Officials:

Referee: Oliver Langford
    Assistant Referee: Andrew Dallison
    Assistant Referee: Mark Stevens
    Fourth Official: Lee Swabey

The start of a very busy 15 days before the World Cup break.

Re: CARDIFF CITY v ROTHERHAM UNITED. Match thread

Sat 29th Oct - Rotherham H
    Wed 2nd Nov - Watford H
    Sat 5th Nov - Sunderland A
    Tue 8th Nov - Hull H
    Sat 12th Nov - Sheff Utd H

Four home games - we have to try to get something out of those matches. Can't see us getting much from Sunderland or Sheffield Utd, but maybe nine from the other three games is do-able, though we'll be without Robinson for three of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Sat 29th Oct - Rotherham H
    Wed 2nd Nov - Watford H
    Sat 5th Nov - Sunderland A
    Tue 8th Nov - Hull H
    Sat 12th Nov - Sheff Utd H
    watford game is showing its on the red button sky

CARDIFF CITY v ROTHERHAM UNITED. Match thread

Hi all,
    Following up on a thread posted a few weeks ago. This is a reminder that the CCFC Supporters trust are holding a Foodbank Collection for The Rumney Valley Foodbank prior to home game against Rotherham on Saturday 29th. Between gates 4 and 5. Collection starts at 1230hrs
    Here is a list of food items most urgently needed by the foodbank: canned meat, canned fish, canned vegetables/tomatoes/rice pudding, custard, soup, tea and coffee, jam, pasta sauce and UHT milk. No perishable food, please.
    Cash donations to the Foodbank can be made on the day.
    • The Rhymney Foodbank was established in 2012, at first in portacabins but more recently in their present location St Peter's Church, Aberbargoed. The Foodbank shares the space with the congregation at services twice a week! The church itself was opened in 1955, the building paid for using public subscriptions from Aberbargoed residents and miners.

For those that have enquired about online cash donations. We now have detials of how to donate via bank transfer direct to Rumney valley Foodbank. Anyone wanting the details can PM me.
    Cheers
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Four home games - we have to try to get something out of those matches. Can't see us getting much from Sunderland or Sheffield Utd, but maybe nine from the other three games is do-able, though we'll be without Robinson for three of them.
    It's gonna be alright we have Etete back

4 home games in 2 weeks. Could be a curse or could be a gift.
    If we get a result like Blackburn the feel good factor can be carried into the next game a few days later and the crowd and team will be off on the front foot.
    Alternatively if we get a bad result and a toxic crowd, a few days might not be enough for emotions to simmer down and the players will be up against it from the off.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    4 home games in 2 weeks. Could be a curse or could be a gift.
    If we get a result like Blackburn the feel good factor can be carried into the next game a few days later and the crowd and team will be off on the front foot.
    Alternatively if we get a bad result and a toxic crowd, a few days might not be enough for emotions to simmer down and the players will be up against it from the off.
    A loss against Rotherham could be Hudsons final game

Quote Originally Posted by Sloop_Jon_Bee View Post
    Hi all,
    Following up on a thread posted a few weeks ago. This is a reminder that the CCFC Supporters trust are holding a Foodbank Collection for The Rumney Valley Foodbank prior to home game against Rotherham on Saturday 29th. Between gates 4 and 5. Collection starts at 1230hrs
    Here is a list of food items most urgently needed by the foodbank: canned meat, canned fish, canned vegetables/tomatoes/rice pudding, custard, soup, tea and coffee, jam, pasta sauce and UHT milk. No perishable food, please.
    Cash donations to the Foodbank can be made on the day.
    • The Rhymney Foodbank was established in 2012, at first in portacabins but more recently in their present location St Peter's Church, Aberbargoed. The Foodbank shares the space with the congregation at services twice a week! The church itself was opened in 1955, the building paid for using public subscriptions from Aberbargoed residents and miners.

For those that have enquired about online cash donations. We now have detials of how to donate via bank transfer direct to Rumney valley Foodbank. Anyone wanting the details can PM me.
    Cheers
    Spedger
    Copied into the Match thread as well as the thread below

4-4-2

Allsop
    Sang
    Ng
    Kipre
    Nkounkou
    O’Dowda
    Wintle
    Ralls
    Bagan
    Whyte
    Harris

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    4-4-2

Allsop
    Sang
    Ng
    Kipre
    Nkounkou
    O’Dowda
    Wintle
    Ralls
    Bagan
    Whyte
    Harris
    Think Romeo is fit. Hopefully Ng as well.
    Last edited by Former Labour leader; 26-10-22 at 17:41. Reason: Gramm6

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    Think Romeo is fit. Hopefully Ng as well.
    If Romeo is fit, move O’Dowda to the left, move Bagan to left back and put Sang on the right midfield

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    If Romeo is fit, move O’Dowda to the left, move Bagan to left back and put Sang on the right midfield
    Problem is I think Nkounkou must have a must play clause in his contract so we may have to put up with him for now. I would be tempted to play ODowda at lb and move Nkounkou further forward where he is more dangerous to our opponents defence than to our defence.

Problem is I think Nkounkou must have a must play clause in his contract so we may have to put up with him for now. I would be tempted to play ODowda at lb and move Nkounkou further forward where he is more dangerous to our opponents defence than to our defence.
    Someone needs to ‘through’ Nkounkou in training if that’s the case, accidental like, wouldn’t be suspicious at all with our club, another injury.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Let's hope some of the injured players come back soon.

Rotherham are apparently a tough physical side. Previous City teams could have matched that, but I doubt that our current powder puff squad can. Perhaps an opportunity for Etete to start? I know he can’t head a ball, but at 6ft 5ins he may be able to put himself about a bit better than the other option, Harris.

Rotherham are apparently a tough physical side. Previous City teams could have matched that, but I doubt that our current powder puff squad can. Perhaps an opportunity for Etete to start? I know he can’t head a ball, but at 6ft 5ins he may be able to put himself about a bit better than the other option, Harris.
    From what I’ve seen of Etete, albeit brief, I’d still say Harris has the nod for whatever role he needed to undertake.

I'm with you 100%. I'd put N'k on the wing and just tell him to run at the opposing full backs and try and get in the penalty area, or at least get the ball to City player in or near the penalty area. He's useless as a full back but has occasionally, in fleeting moments, not looked too bad bursting forward with the ball at his feet. Teams are targeting him. If he is still a 'defender' on Saturday, the pessimist in me fears for us.

I really fear for the next few games that Hudson will do a McCarthy and lose a load on the trot. I would not be surprised at a 1-0 loss, but hoping for a 0-0, mirroring the worst game I've seen at CCS, a few years ago.

Can our players remember what it feels like to play with 11?

I really fear for the next few games that Hudson will do a McCarthy and lose a load on the trot. I would not be surprised at a 1-0 loss, but hoping for a 0-0, mirroring the worst game I've seen at CCS, a few years ago.
    0–0 v Preston on Boxing Day under Harris?

I recall that being spectacularly shit

Basically we have got to win these games

Rotherham are mid table

We need the points

I fear that this side simply havnt got any bollocks in them

If you tried to out battle us, we’d just steamroll you. We became unstuck when teams played football against us. Move the ball from side to side, at pace, and we’d get carved open. That’s what we have to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    0–0 v Preston on Boxing Day under Harris?

I recall that being spectacularly shit
    No, the 0-0 Rotherham under Slade. Terrible quality

No, the 0-0 Rotherham under Slade. Terrible quality
    To be fair it’s hard trying to remember all the awful games. There’s been quite a few over the years