+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Welcome to Wrexham... unless you're a Tory

Re: Welcome to Wrexham... unless you're a Tory

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Welsh people who vote Tory make absolutely no sense whatsoever to most of us
    And to other people, Welsh people living in the poorest part of the United Kingdom and continuously electing the same party in charge of health, transport, education, economic development etc time and time again and expecting a different result is equally confusing.

It doesn't mean that wondering around Screaming 'F**K THE LABOUR PARTY' at football matches is a useful or pleasant use of their time

I have got the world's smallest violin playing a sad tune for you

When Thatcher was closing the mines, ccfc fans would regularly chant songs against the govt and the police

You must have been a little tory boy of about 8

Thank god you didn't hear these evil , sectarian songs !

You really are a daft prat

Sectarian songs .......you don't really believe this pompous nonsense , you have just backed yourself into a silly little grief hole and can't see a way out

Have a word with yourself and naff off

I have got the world's smallest violin playing a sad tune for you

When Thatcher was closing the mines, ccfc fans would regularly chant songs against the govt and the police

You must have been a little tory boy of about 8

Thank god you didn't hear these evil , sectarian songs !

You really are a daft prat

Sectarian songs .......you don't really believe this pompous nonsense , you have just backed yourself into a silly little grief hole and can't see a way out

Have a word with yourself and naff off
    I was 3 during the miners strike.

It is sectarian.

In the 80's lots of football fans chanted lots of discriminatory things. That's all okay is it?

Mines closed in the UK from the 1920s onwards and nearly every country has decimated its coal mining sector. Unemployment now is absolutely nothing like the 1980s.

Again, as long as the hatred is about something you hate, then you are okay with it.

Quote Originally Posted by DryCleaning View Post
    you are overreacting.
    He’s good at that.

https://www.wrexhamafc.co.uk/news/20...--paul-mullin/

Perhaps Mullin will wear a **** the Tories T shirt under his top.

I see that Sunak refuses to commit to the Triple Lock undermining Liz Truss's own undermining of Jeremy Hunt the week before.

If he fails to honour the Triple Lock (another manifesto commitment) he'll have an army of OAPs shouting f**k the Tories throughout the country. And these people form the backbone of the Tory support. Not a good look.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I see that Sunak refuses to commit to the Triple Lock undermining Liz Truss's own undermining of Jeremy Hunt the week before.

If he fails to honour the Triple Lock (another manifesto commitment) he'll have an army of OAPs shouting f**k the Tories throughout the country. And these people form the backbone of the Tory support. Not a good look.
    Plenty of old farts will still vote for them though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post

Not every OAP is reliant on their state pension.

Especially in Tory heartlands

Indeed not, some are very rich and will probably continue to vote Tory. There are huge numbers of OAPs who are solely reliant upon their state pension however and they will be hit extremely hard without the uplift.

Nevertheless Pensioners have some fairly powerful lobbying groups behind them these days and I suspect, whatever their income level, they won't relish the government reneging on a core commitment (again). I fully expect they will make their annoyance known.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I was 3 during the miners strike.

It is sectarian.

In the 80's lots of football fans chanted lots of discriminatory things. That's all okay is it?

Mines closed in the UK from the 1920s onwards and nearly every country has decimated its coal mining sector. Unemployment now is absolutely nothing like the 1980s.

Again, as long as the hatred is about something you hate, then you are okay with it.
    You really are pathetic 🙄

Comparing football fans singing songs about an industrial dispute in 1984 and violent chanting about protestant and Catholic which is backed up by thousands of dead people

Fecking sort yourself out ff sake

Discriminatory chanting is about sexuality , race , disability ......serious , antagonistic chanting

Is there

Interesting and amusing piece by Barry Glendenning in the Guardian, on Wrexham's hopes for Tory government funding for their stadium (making it capable again of hosting Wales matches), and the reaction to Paul Mullin's boots.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...atives-funding

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Interesting and amusing piece by Barry Glendenning in the Guardian, on Wrexham's hopes for Tory government funding for their stadium (making it capable again of hosting Wales matches), and the reaction to Paul Mullin's boots.

https://www.theguardian.com/football...atives-funding
    Few articles will so aptly demonstrate the inbuilt bias within the guardian newspaper than that.

I love as well that the boots contained an image of the skyline of Liverpool - a skyline built on reclaimed waterfront funded by an Urban Development Corporation set up by the Tories.

Thats the often annoying thing of simple slogans - they are used to mask reality.

And why is a foodbank in Wrexham aimed at the Tories when Wales has been Labour run since 1999? Why is the London media so incapable of identifying that we have a senedd and government that exists that also requires (and would hugely benefit from) greater scrutiny?

Few articles will so aptly demonstrate the inbuilt bias within the guardian newspaper than that.

I love as well that the boots contained an image of the skyline of Liverpool - a skyline built on reclaimed waterfront funded by an Urban Development Corporation set up by the Tories.

Thats the often annoying thing of simple slogans - they are used to mask reality.

And why is a foodbank in Wrexham aimed at the Tories when Wales has been Labour run since 1999? Why is the London media so incapable of identifying that we have a senedd and government that exists that also requires (and would hugely benefit from) greater scrutiny?
    The article is spot on. UK MSM is London centric. The Senedd is not responsible for the UK economy. The European Structural And Investment Funds bankrolled a huge amount of that Liverpool Urban Development.

EU.jpg

Every article in every paper in every country has in-built bias to suit the narrative of that paper's political ideology and will slant accordingly. You know this so why even raise it?

F**** the Tories
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wales has been run by Labour since 1999 ?

In what way , related to the use of food banks ?

Income levels , taxes , benefit levels ?

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    The article is spot on. UK MSM is London centric. The Senedd is not responsible for the UK economy. The European Structural And Investment Funds bankrolled a huge amount of that Liverpool Urban Development.

EU.jpg

Every article in every paper in every country has in-built bias to suit the narrative of that paper's political ideology and will slant accordingly. You know this so why even raise it?

F**** the Tories
    The Liverpool skyline ?

The liver building etc ?

That's got gothing to do with the Albert docks redevelopment which in itself was not the idea of the Quango LDC , it had been planned for years

As had the redevelopment of Cardiff Docks , Cardiff City Council , South Glamorgan CC had started redeveloping the area long before the Tories came in and roped everything in .

The Liverpool skyline ?

The liver building etc ?

That's got gothing to do with the Albert docks redevelopment which in itself was not the idea of the Quango LDC , it had been planned for years

As had the redevelopment of Cardiff Docks , Cardiff City Council , South Glamorgan CC had started redeveloping the area long before the Tories came in and roped everything in .
    Where will money come from now the EU funding has gone? Every area of the UK relied upon it. Some of the most deprived too.

Where will money come from now the EU funding has gone? Every area of the UK relied upon it. Some of the most deprived too.
    Not to mention rishi is a self proclaimed expert of moving funding away from deprived areas and towards Tunbridge Wells

Well that was the levelling up fund those that voted brexit were promised

The people of Wales who voted brexit in places like Ebbw Vale are now shocked to hear the money they will get from the Tories is less than they had before

I am afraid its too late to complain now , the Tories are snakes and always will be

I hope these people and in the rest of the UK don't have short memories come the next election when again they will be lied to

But I am afraid some of the electorate are just utterly stupid 🙃

You realise that the UK gave the EU more money than we received back right?

It's like you giving me a tenner and me giving you back £7 and telling you how to spend it.

You realise that the UK gave the EU more money than we received back right?

It's like you giving me a tenner and me giving you back £7 and telling you how to spend it.
    If I gave you £10 and you gave me £7 back to improve my community and infrastructure/economy AND European Citizenship and all its freedom of movement and security I'd rip your arm off!

If I gave you £10 and you gave me £7 back to improve my community and infrastructure/economy AND European Citizenship and all its freedom of movement and security I'd rip your arm off!
    I'll give you a bridge while you are at it! ;)