+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to Wrexham... unless you're a Tory

Welcome to Wrexham... unless you're a Tory

Wrexham player banned from wearing ‘F*** the Tories’ football boots
    https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-b2209965.html

Re: Welcome to Wrexham... unless you're a Tory

What happened to peaceful protest and free speech?

It literally says F*** The Tories.

It could mean Free the Tories.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    What happened to peaceful protest and free speech?

It literally says F*** The Tories.

It could mean Free the Tories.
    Wrexham are free to distance themselves from whatever political message they want.

Fcck the Tories

Quote Originally Posted by Llandaff Blue View Post
    Wrexham are free to distance themselves from whatever political message they want.
    Are they? Even if so, just because they can, doesn't mean they should.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Are they? Even if so, just because they can, doesn't mean they should.

Yes?

For starters Wrexham is a tory constituency, I'm not surprised they don't want to alienate their fanbase

Yes?

For starters Wrexham is a tory constituency, I'm not surprised they don't want to alienate their fanbase
    Don’t worry, the Tories have already done that.

Yes?

? We supported the City with Brexiteer Warnock in charge but turned when he shafted us. Nothing to do with his political stance, he stood and then fell by his affect on our club not his right wing views, as abhorrent as they were. The ‘F*ck The Tories’ chant is being heard at games, do you reckon Tory leaning fans will stop attending if their team are winning?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    Don’t worry, the Tories have already done that.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    ? We supported the City with Brexiteer Warnock in charge but turned when he shafted us. Nothing to do with his political stance, he stood and then fell by his affect on our club not his right wing views, as abhorrent as they were. The ‘F*ck The Tories’ chant is being heard at games, do you reckon Tory leaning fans will stop attending if their team are winning?
    I'm just putting across why they distanced themselves from his boots, it's not rocket science

I'm just putting across why they distanced themselves from his boots, it's not rocket science
    He’s made his views public without or without the boots, I doubt if the fans would have been able to read what was on them and without his publicity stunt would have been none the wiser. So, if Wrexham have any, what do Tory backing fans do? He’s their top scorer, National League player of the year and they’re doing ok. They’ll been cheering him on if he carries on scoring whatever their political views.

Wrexham have made their statement, as you would expect, they’re attempting to remain neutral but in the big picture its small potatoes, clubs and fans have welcomed back rapists, drug takers, crooks etc. It’s no big deal.

It's a labour seat that went tory , marginally , in 2019

Put your boots on !

Remember when Robbie Fowler got into trouble for wearing a t shirt supporting striking Liverpool dockers? The football authorities have always clamped down on any sort of political statements in games by players and, even if Wrexham were okay about it, the League or FA wouldn’t be.

Keep politics out of football

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Keep politics out of football
    That’s the end of football messageboards

Yes?

a Tory constituency?
    it's been Tory for a total of 3 years in its entire history, and labour have won there at every election between 1935 and 2019, it'll almost certainly return to Labour at the next election as well

Yes?

Alienate the fan base.😂😂😂

1 down at home,Mullen needs to get his shooting boots on.

Clearly inappropriate and sectarianism and bigotry like that isn't welcome - will just alienate a lot of the fanbase. Some on here won't care, because it's not them being insulted.

There was a small gaggle of Wales fans singing this when I was in Brussels for the Wales game. Centred around a couple of older guys in 'Yes Cymru' T Shirts who seemed to view it all as a recruitment opportunity more than anything.

Reminded me of the kind of people, pissed up older guys who should know better and a load of impressionable youths singing things like 'I'd rather wear a turban than a rose' a few years back.

Should be stamped out, we don't need it.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Clearly inappropriate and sectarianism and bigotry like that isn't welcome - will just alienate a lot of the fanbase. Some on here won't care, because it's not them being insulted.

There was a small gaggle of Wales fans singing this when I was in Brussels for the Wales game. Centred around a couple of older guys in 'Yes Cymru' T Shirts who seemed to view it all as a recruitment opportunity more than anything.

Reminded me of the kind of people, pissed up older guys who should know better and a load of impressionable youths singing things like 'I'd rather wear a turban than a rose' a few years back.

Should be stamped out, we don't need it.
    You are comparing anti tory feeling in Wales.....and Scotland......to racist chanting ?

Get the feck out of here

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    You are comparing anti tory feeling in Wales.....and Scotland......to racist chanting ?

Get the feck out of here
    Absolutely I am. They are both divisive, c**ty things to do. Songs sung by bigots.

You may not care less if you alienate people who spread division. Others do.

I've become increasingly uncomfortable in recent years with some of the stuff I hear at Wales games tbh.

We don't need people using football as a recruitment process for their political beliefs and I did see more evidence of that in Brussels tbh.

I thought he'd just bought a pair of rejects from Fernando Torres with some of the stitching messed up

Im pretty sure when I was very young our fans sung one Arthur Scargill at the police during the mid 80s or is my mind playing tricks.

Anyway lets sign Paul Mullin.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Absolutely I am. They are both divisive, c**ty things to do. Songs sung by bigots.

You may not care less if you alienate people who spread division. Others do.

I've become increasingly uncomfortable in recent years with some of the stuff I hear at Wales games tbh.

We don't need people using football as a recruitment process for their political beliefs and I did see more evidence of that in Brussels tbh.
    You are a fecking clown then

A group of fans from a place that has suffered at the hands of the Tories are the equivalent of racist or religious goons ?

For feck sake get out of here , your fawning support of the conservatives is making me sick

It could only be you who would turn a comedy thread into support of your fellow tories

You poor little thing

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Im pretty sure when I was very young our fans sung one Arthur Scargill at the police during the mid 80s or is my mind playing tricks.

Anyway lets sign Paul Mullin.
    Nope you are right

Thatchers , Thatchers boot boys !