+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Welcome to Wrexham... unless you're a Tory

Re: Welcome to Wrexham... unless you're a Tory

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    You are a fecking clown then

A group of fans from a place that has suffered at the hands of the Tories are the equivalent of racist or religious goons ?

For feck sake get out of here , your fawning support of the conservatives is making me sick

It could only be you who would turn a comedy thread into support of your fellow tories

You poor little thing
    Anyone with any view different to yours makes you feel sick. Which is all the more reason why things like this shouldn't be tolerated.

And most things that impact upon the lives of people in Wrexham have not been Tory run since 1997, which is another thing I hate about all this - it's just a total distraction.

FFS Sludge, quit being so divisive all the time. Clearly it's not good. Just like a load of Linfield players having '**** Sinn Fein' on their boots is totally unhelpful.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Clearly inappropriate and sectarianism and bigotry like that isn't welcome - will just alienate a lot of the fanbase. Some on here won't care, because it's not them being insulted.

There was a small gaggle of Wales fans singing this when I was in Brussels for the Wales game. Centred around a couple of older guys in 'Yes Cymru' T Shirts who seemed to view it all as a recruitment opportunity more than anything.

Reminded me of the kind of people, pissed up older guys who should know better and a load of impressionable youths singing things like 'I'd rather wear a turban than a rose' a few years back.

Should be stamped out, we don't need it.
    People suffering because of the government’s ineptitude and you say they can’t vent their feelings. Comparing it to racist, what I believe was rugby, chanting is so low and completely out of order. Government’s in the free world are insulted and, sometimes, complimented, and long may it continue as long as there isn’t violence, which is predominantly an extreme right wing thing. Give your head a wobble, stamped out? Get over yourself man.

Anyone with any view different to yours makes you feel sick. Which is all the more reason why things like this shouldn't be tolerated.

And most things that impact upon the lives of people in Wrexham have not been Tory run since 1997, which is another thing I hate about all this - it's just a total distraction.

FFS Sludge, quit being so divisive all the time. Clearly it's not good. Just like a load of Linfield players having '**** Sinn Fein' on their boots is totally unhelpful.
    You really have no clue. Your comparisons are utterly ridiculous, and it was no distraction, they won 3-1

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    People suffering because of the government’s ineptitude and you say they can’t vent their feelings. Comparing it to racist, what I believe was rugby, chanting is so low and completely out of order. Government’s in the free world are insulted and, sometimes, complimented, and long may it continue as long as there isn’t violence, which is predominantly an extreme right wing thing. Give your head a wobble, stamped out? Get over yourself man.
    It's only different for you because it's the people you hate having hatred sung at them by a small number of bigots.

You couldn't care less about any division or hurt or ill feeling caused as long as your tribe get to express hatred.

Just leave your bigotry out of football. There are plenty of communities who have reasons to dislike numerous political parties. Perhaps you should look a bit more closely at Wales? Bringing onto the terraces is not remotely positive.

People like you want division not unity. Leave it out. You and Sludge are exactly the kind of people who would be drunkenly singing about catholics and protestants at Celtic and Rangers games..you just don't see it and think it's all okay and a laugh.

ffs jameswales clutching his pearls again. He'll be claiming gammon is a race again next.

Clearly inappropriate and sectarianism and bigotry like that isn't welcome - will just alienate a lot of the fanbase. Some on here won't care, because it's not them being insulted.

There was a small gaggle of Wales fans singing this when I was in Brussels for the Wales game. Centred around a couple of older guys in 'Yes Cymru' T Shirts who seemed to view it all as a recruitment opportunity more than anything.

Reminded me of the kind of people, pissed up older guys who should know better and a load of impressionable youths singing things like 'I'd rather wear a turban than a rose' a few years back.

Should be stamped out, we don't need it.
    A Tory moaning about people being divisive. You couldn’t make it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Blue View Post
    A Tory moaning about people being divisive. You couldn’t make it up.
    Yes, because thats what it is. Perfectly understandable Wrexham wouldn't want to be associated with bigoted stuff like that

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    ffs jameswales clutching his pearls again. He'll be claiming gammon is a race again next.
    I'm not sure why you are so desperate to insult people based on their skin colour, but crack on if thats your thing. Bit behind the times I'd say.

with all due respect James it is incumbent on all of us to hold governments to account, and whilst we don't have a first amendment right, we do have plenty of case law that allows us to criticise our governments freely. There is also nothing which says that harsh language cannot be used either, if it is fitting.

This man exercised his right, and has done nothing wrong. You cannot claim to be a liberal minded individual and then get upset over someone expressing themselves in a way they deem appropriate.

The more pressing issue is that politics has been brought into sport, and that is something that we shouldn't really push for.

And your comparison with racist chanting is a little wide of the mark. Racist chanting of any and every kind can make sections of the crowd feel unwelcome, intimidated and may result in them not returning. Call me old fashioned if you want, but having "**** the Tories" on your boots isn't quite the same league.

Let me get this straight. Austerity, stagnating wages, lowering living standards, brexit (remoaners, traitors, enemeies of the people) = not divisive.

Saying **** the tories = racist and divisive.

"F*ck the Tories" and chants against Boris Johnson at football games are recent developments. Why have they been appearing in the last year or two? Could it be that a lot of people feel driven to things like that by twelve years of a Government that has seen living standards decline for the sort of person who formed the traditional football audience down the years? We've had years and years of "culture wars" that have been fermenting division with the help of the Conservative party and their media lapdogs. They want division and they can hardly complain if some on the other side of the argument choose to show their disaffection by chanting at football matches - I'm just surprised that things have not got more serious than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    Let me get this straight. Austerity, stagnating wages, lowering living standards, brexit (remoaners, traitors, enemeies of the people) = not divisive.

Don't forget 'Strivers Not Scivers!' and positive discrimination of disabled people by the government and its edicts.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post

Austerity happened the world over. Labour also proposed it in their 2010 manifesto - lenders wouldn't have lent to the UK without it. You think wages in the UK would be rising by 10%+ with a different govt right now?

If there were chants at football labelling people traitors it absolutely would be divisive, just as this is.

Usually there is at least a nugget of link to football in these things; "Eng-er-land is full of shit" at English clubs. "Does your boyfriend know you're here?" when playing Brighton etc.

It's infantile and offensive, but at least linked to football. This is rank sectarianism, nothing to do with football used by a bunch of people seeking to insert their own politics into a sport by insulting half the population. Like I said, I saw it in Brussels with some Yes Cymru guys who it looked to me viewed the whole trip as a recruitment opportunity.

It's not progressive, it causes division and people shouldn't be okay with it.

Or do we want some northern clubs chanting about Labour supporting grooming gangs? Do we want Celtic singing about the IRA? Do we want Linfield shouting **** sinn fein? It's ugly, hateful ignorance and it doesn't surprise me who is in favour of it.

Wrexham are right to condemn it IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    "F*ck the Tories" and chants against Boris Johnson at football games are recent developments. Why have they been appearing in the last year or two? Could it be that a lot of people feel driven to things like that by twelve years of a Government that has seen living standards decline for the sort of person who formed the traditional football audience down the years? We've had years and years of "culture wars" that have been fermenting division with the help of the Conservative party and their media lapdogs. They want division and they can hardly complain if some on the other side of the argument choose to show their disaffection by chanting at football matches - I'm just surprised that things have not got more serious than that.
    Things have got more serious than that. We've had two MP's murdered in 6 years. Constant death threats sent to them, entrenchment of ideas that fail to recognise alternative viewpoints and the insertion of toxicity online for years. I don't think this kind of thing has anything to offer football.

you are overreacting.

Quote Originally Posted by DryCleaning View Post
    you are overreacting.
    Am I? Or is it sensible to try and nip sectarian political chanting in the bud in football?

Austerity happened the world over. Labour also proposed it in their 2010 manifesto - lenders wouldn't have lent to the UK without it. You think wages in the UK would be rising by 10%+ with a different govt right now?

If there were chants at football labelling people traitors it absolutely would be divisive, just as this is.

Usually there is at least a nugget of link to football in these things; "Eng-er-land is full of shit" at English clubs. "Does your boyfriend know you're here?" when playing Brighton etc.

It's infantile and offensive, but at least linked to football. This is rank sectarianism, nothing to do with football used by a bunch of people seeking to insert their own politics into a sport by insulting half the population. Like I said, I saw it in Brussels with some Yes Cymru guys who it looked to me viewed the whole trip as a recruitment opportunity.

It's not progressive, it causes division and people shouldn't be okay with it.

Or do we want some northern clubs chanting about Labour supporting grooming gangs? Do we want Celtic singing about the IRA? Do we want Linfield shouting **** sinn fein? It's ugly, hateful ignorance and it doesn't surprise me who is in favour of it.

Wrexham are right to condemn it IMO.
    bingo

but you forget the CCMB Rule, Labour = good , Tories = Bad, once you get your head around that, this place make more sense

Am I? Or is it sensible to try and nip sectarian political chanting in the bud in football?
    Chanting "Boris is a ****" may be offensive to some (I count at least two swearwords), but its factual, hardly sectarian, and given politicians are transient, hardly enduring.

You are welcome to your opinion, as am I. I'm not trying to change your mind, I'm just pointing out that your train of thought has stalled in the station.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    bingo

but you forget the CCMB Rule, Labour = good , Tories = Bad, once you get your head around that, this place make more sense
    Really?

I'm more inclined to vote Tory than Labour but even I can see this is a storm in a teacup.

Chanting "Boris is a ****" may be offensive to some (I count at least two swearwords), but its factual, hardly sectarian, and given politicians are transient, hardly enduring.

You are welcome to your opinion, as am I. I'm not trying to change your mind, I'm just pointing out that your train of thought has stalled in the station.
    Yes at no point am I suggesting that no one is not entitled to their opinion. Quite the opposite in fact. People should feel welcome at football matches irrespective of their beliefs or any other characteristics they may possess. That's entirely my point.

Yes at no point am I suggesting that no one is not entitled to their opinion. Quite the opposite in fact. People should feel welcome at football matches irrespective of their beliefs or any other characteristics they may possess. That's entirely my point.
    Can people who hate Tories attend football matches too?

Can people who hate Tories attend football matches too?
    Yes, people who hate all sorts of groups in society can. Doesn't mean it's a good thing that they all start singing about how much they hate groups of people who have no connection to football though.

You are an embarrassment JW

The only person defending your pathetic ego driven arguement is another raving tory

We all know that in this country sectarianism in football relates to the extremists of Northern Ireland

To suggest a little scribble on a pair of football boots is the same sort of thing is absolutely ridiculous and you are embarrassing yourself

Your only support on this thread has been a fellow tory

You are keeping on and on with tory love in just a few weeks after you told everyone you were voting Labour

This is cringeworthy stuff

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    bingo

Welsh people who vote Tory make absolutely no sense whatsoever to most of us

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    You are an embarrassment JW

The only person defending your pathetic ego driven arguement is another raving tory

We all know that in this country sectarianism in football relates to the extremists of Northern Ireland

To suggest a little scribble on a pair of football boots is the same sort of thing is absolutely ridiculous and you are embarrassing yourself

Your only support on this thread has been a fellow tory

You are keeping on and on with tory love in just a few weeks after you told everyone you were voting Labour

This is cringeworthy stuff
    If I am disagreeing with arguably the most hate filled person on here, then I must be doing something right.

Sludge, Yes, were there a general election a few weeks ago, I'd have voted Labour. My vote is always up for grabs. It doesn't mean I want to see abusive political chants at football matches.

And sectarianism DOES NOT just refer to Northern Ireland. That is absolutely not true. It's the prime example, but not the only.

As I say, you are okay with hatred as long as it's directed at who you hate. Thats what it seems to be. Imagine if everyone had that approach.