+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Are we as bad as people have been making out?

Re: Are we as bad as people have been making out?

We aren't very good and after our great rebuild, we've been left with the following players that are good enough to play regularly at this level: Allsop, Romeo, Wintle, Ralls, O'Dowda, Collins, Kipre, Rinomhota, Ng, Robinson. So that's 10, and one has an serious injury, and we had 3 of the 10 before the summer. Well done, Steve. There are 2 unknowns in Adams and Alnwick and you'd hope Colwill, Bagan, Davies (and maybe even Etete) can develop. I don't know where Sang fits in but he isn't awful. Simpson isn't my cup of tea but he's played well at times and Mark Harris is alright and works hard. Then, Christ. Sawyers' legs have gone, the other wingers are appalling, Nkounkou cannot defend (and I've seen Fabio) and the fact Gavin Whyte is getting minutes says it all. We've also got one striker that is anywhere near to being good enough. One. Morison really, really screwed up. The state of the squad is unacceptable.

There is zero creativity in the side and we've got to find a way around that, assuming Colwill is going to be picking up knocks when he carries on growing to about 7ft . I think the last two performances have been awful but we've had 10 men for almost all of both games. We did start poorly at QPR, and on the front foot against the Jacks. I think they were too up for it.

If Colwill doesn't stay fit, I'd play 3 at the back and 2 up top, as that negates the lack of creativity to an extent. I'd play O'Dowda at LWB (or Bagan if fit) and Romeo on the other side. Two up top, get the wing backs really high and Rino/Ralls getting in the box. For the next few weeks, without Robinson, what the hell you do, I don't know. O'Dowda and Harris as a 2?

We have to get to the world cup and then get a striker, and a centre mid that can pick a pass. He doesn't have to be great, or even move but any creativity would be a god send. Then you could have a front 3 of Robinson, Striker, O'Dowda with some creativity behind.

I've seen a few people say we were too up for it against the Jacks.

I'm not sure we were.

There is a difference between controlled aggression and doing what Robinson did.
    You can be up for it and in their faces without doing something ridiculously stupid and getting yourself sent off.

International

Comments from Hudson -

"We had an apology from the referees following the Coventry game, which just came through on Thursday, saying ‘Sorry, we made a mistake, it was onside.’ That’s difficult to take.

Then we had a rescinded red card in the middle of the week. The whole context of the week has to be taken in, from the planning and stuff like that. It’s a game that’s at home and we focus on that."

International

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post

I'm not sure we were.

There is a difference between controlled aggression and doing what Robinson did.
    You can be up for it and in their faces without doing something ridiculously stupid and getting yourself sent off.
    We were unlucky if Cabango hadn't gone down like he was hit with a hammer, he could have given him a warning and a yellow, but it is what it is. Also unlucky with the other refereeing decisions in the previous two games, where they made mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by blue lewj View Post

I'm not sure we were.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    We were unlucky if Cabango hadn't gone down like he was hit with a hammer, he could have given him a warning and a yellow, but it is what it is. Also unlucky with the other refereeing decisions in the previous two games, where they made mistakes.
    Be honest with yourselves, Ralls should have been sent off in the 4th minute, for that assault in their box

International

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Be honest with yourselves, Ralls should have been sent off in the 4th minute, for that assault in their box
    I didn't see it!

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    I didn't see it!
    Classic Wengerism