+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will tomorrow's presser throw any light....

Will tomorrow's presser throw any light....

On Tans' managerial intentions?
    Is Hudson being allowed a coach to support as promised a couple of weeks ago. If so we will know Hudson is here for the duration.
    If not, Hudson had better start packing his bags.
    Hope the journos ask some serious questions for a change.

Re: Will tomorrow's presser throw any light....

Probably not.

I doubt Hudson himself knows.

Nobody knows anything.
    As usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
    Nobody knows anything.
    As usual.
    This drift is shocking. Unless the board get a grip we are going down.

Quote Originally Posted by Former Labour leader View Post
    This drift is shocking. Unless the board get a grip we are going down.
    Is this the ‘Red Revenge’?

Is Hudson being allowed a coach to support as promised a couple of weeks ago. If so we will know Hudson is here for the duration.
    I have no inside Intel or anything but I have a gut feeling something bigger is going on ie a sale of the club - don't know why or it maybe I am that pig shit thick that I can't see that we are being run into the ground by the 3 stooges

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    I have no inside Intel or anything but I have a gut feeling something bigger is going on ie a sale of the club - don't know why or it maybe I am that pig shit thick that I can't see that we are being run into the ground by the 3 stooges
    I like your thinking-The first bit!

If Hudson works out to be the cheapest option he'll get the job

Will they be in the building or on the grass?

Of course not.

I suppose all Hudson is going to think is that No news is Good news as far as he is concerned.

As an ex captain you want them to succeed as mangers/coaches or what ever they refer to as these days - because you feel they understand the club and fans a bit better.

With regards to what he is going to say - that he can’t let his position get in the way of getting boys back up and ready for Saturday.
    I don’t think there will be anything more than that?

Quote Originally Posted by 19bluebirds27 View Post
    I suppose all Hudson is going to think is that No news is Good news as far as he is concerned.

As an ex captain you want them to succeed as mangers/coaches or what ever they refer to as these days - because you feel they understand the club and fans a bit better.

With regards to what he is going to say - that he can’t let his position get in the way of getting boys back up and ready for Saturday.
    I don’t think there will be anything more than that?
    Exactly. I don't understand the anti Hudson position that a lot of people are taking.He was a very experienced and travelled player at quite a high level in the game and a good player for this club over a number of years, club captain and surely understands the club and its fans a lot better than most other available coaches/managers. He is also an experienced coach and has some management experience in the Championship as well.

International

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Exactly. I don't understand the anti Hudson position that a lot of people are taking.He was a very experienced and travelled player at quite a high level in the game and a good player for this club over a number of years, club captain and surely understands the club and its fans a lot better than most other available coaches/managers. He is also an experienced coach and has some management experience in the Championship as well.
    He's a great bloke, i've met him a few times as a player, very repectful for a player and not big headed, unfortunately he looks a bit out of his depth. He's been so unlucky too, every important refereeing decision has gone against him and that will have added to the pressure and his confidence, plus the injuries have been to key players.

We will see Saturday how he handles pressure, I think a win and he will get the coach and be given till the World cup at least, if we lose, he'll be gone, if Tan is selling he will need it to be a Championship club at least, so has too much riding on this season to take more risk with a novice Manager.

International

Decision at the end of Saturdays game I would expect a real make or break game for Hudson!

Fans and players just want a bit of certainty on this, that’s all so we can move on and support.

Quote Originally Posted by 19bluebirds27 View Post
    Fans and players just want a bit of certainty on this, that’s all so we can move on and support.
    Just started watching the welcome to Wrexham series and I hope our board are too as it will give them an idea of how to run a club from abroad - no problem having a trusted person for the owner to rely on but wrexham have appointed two people with a huge background in football to support the club and the owners

This is the one key thing that would improve our club imho

They could also learn from how to use social and other media platforms to promote the club to different audiences here and abroad

Food for thought which I am sure they will ignore 🙄

Experienced coach

Interim manager Mark Hudson says he is in talks with Cardiff City owner Vincent Tan and chairman Mehmet Dalman about his long-term future.

Hudson has been in charge since Steve Morison was sacked in September.

Cardiff are not believed to be actively looking for a permanent successor other than Hudson for the time being.

"The conversations are ongoing and, obviously from my point of view, I want to be here as long as I can to help," he said.

Hudson enjoyed an excellent start to his tenure - winning two and drawing one of his first three games - but has since lost three matches in succession.

Those defeats all came in the space of eight days, with the most recent coming at arch rivals Swansea City in last Sunday's south Wales derby.

Following his side's 2-0 win at the Swansea.com Stadium, Swans boss Russell Martin said stability has been key to his team's recent domination of the fixture.

Swansea have won the past three south Wales derbies at an aggregate score of 9-0. Whereas the Swans have played all three under Martin, Cardiff have had three different managers during that time.

"I agree that [stability] is something you can build on," said Hudson.

"It makes people feel secure. It gives clarity to players and staff and everyone involved.

"But we are where we are. We have to show a reaction from the week that we have had and get a positive result on Saturday."

Cardiff's next match is a Championship fixture at home against Rotherham on Saturday, 29 October.

The Bluebirds will be without forward Callum Robinson, who is suspended for three games following his red card against Swansea.

Cardiff remain without injured defenders Perry Ng and Mahlon Romeo, who are back in training, but unlikely to feature against Rotherham.

Forward Isaak Davies has also returned to light training following a knee injury, but is not expected to be in first-team contention until the Championship resumes after the World Cup in December.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63414200

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Experienced coach
    Mccarthy.....get rid
    Morison .....get rid
    Hudson .....get rid

What do you propose ?

I would suggest keeping Hudson and getting a decent manager in

International

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Interim manager Mark Hudson says he is in talks with Cardiff City owner Vincent Tan and chairman Mehmet Dalman about his long-term future.

Hudson has been in charge since Steve Morison was sacked in September.

Cardiff are not believed to be actively looking for a permanent successor other than Hudson for the time being.

"The conversations are ongoing and, obviously from my point of view, I want to be here as long as I can to help," he said.

Hudson enjoyed an excellent start to his tenure - winning two and drawing one of his first three games - but has since lost three matches in succession.

Those defeats all came in the space of eight days, with the most recent coming at arch rivals Swansea City in last Sunday's south Wales derby.

Following his side's 2-0 win at the Swansea.com Stadium, Swans boss Russell Martin said stability has been key to his team's recent domination of the fixture.

Swansea have won the past three south Wales derbies at an aggregate score of 9-0. Whereas the Swans have played all three under Martin, Cardiff have had three different managers during that time.

"I agree that [stability] is something you can build on," said Hudson.

"It makes people feel secure. It gives clarity to players and staff and everyone involved.

"But we are where we are. We have to show a reaction from the week that we have had and get a positive result on Saturday."

Cardiff's next match is a Championship fixture at home against Rotherham on Saturday, 29 October.

The Bluebirds will be without forward Callum Robinson, who is suspended for three games following his red card against Swansea.

Cardiff remain without injured defenders Perry Ng and Mahlon Romeo, who are back in training, but unlikely to feature against Rotherham.

Forward Isaak Davies has also returned to light training following a knee injury, but is not expected to be in first-team contention until the Championship resumes after the World Cup in December.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63414200
    Live press conference - Not too much so far - Hudson then Sang

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...-live-25366362

International

Where did you get 'presser' from ffs!

What is all this experience? I can't find it.

Mark Hudson could turn out to be the best manager Cardiff has ever had - I hope he does - but not on the basis of any significant experience in the role.

The WOL journos love their free Lattes and Hobnobs too much to rock the boat.

Edit: and anyway, everyone's a star at City according to their write-ups.