+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Eddie Izzard ( All women shortlist ??? ) or not in our shake it all about

Eddie Izzard ( All women shortlist ??? ) or not in our shake it all about

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world...-women-labour-

shortlist/ar-AA13lv57?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=e77b6f1c6b25488e876aa08af34f773f

Eddie Izzard has issued a statement on all-women shortlists for elections after Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer was grilled on his position on them and whether he would include Izzard.

Comedian Izzard, who identifies as trans and previously requested the use of ‘she’ and ‘her’ pronouns, launched her campaign to become a Labour MP for Sheffield Central earlier in October.

The news came after the current MP, Paul Blomfield, confirmed he was standing down.

Izzard has now commented that she personally has ‘never asked and have never been offered a place on the All Women Shortlist’.

This followed Starmer doubling down on his support for trans rights during the grilling he received on a radio show on Monday after a caller rang in to ask him about the topic.

Refusing to be drawn on commenting on ‘individual cases’, Starmer would not say whether he thought Izzard qualified for a spot on a Labour all-women shortlist.

This is a bizarre story and will hamper Sir Kier , a lot of females already issues with Lasbour ovder trans issues

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/canterb...-woman-275737/ Roise its not happy either :

Outspoken Kent MP Rosie Duffield says she would sooner be arrested than call Eddie Izzard a woman.

The transgender comedian, who has launched a bid to stand as a Labour MP, announced two years ago the decision to use 'she/her' pronouns.

But Ms Duffield, who represents the party in Canterbury, railed against the idea of 'gender self-identification', speaking out at a conference of the LGB Alliance - a campaign group that claims to advance lesbian, gay and bisexual rights.

When asked about the possibility of misgendering someone becoming a hate crime, the 51-year-old said: "Is that a serious thing? Is that coming to Parliament any time soon? I hope not because you might as well arrest me now. I'm not calling Eddie Izzard a woman."

Izzard, 60, announced two weeks ago a plan to stand for Labour in the Sheffield Central constituency at the next General Elec

Re: Eddie Izzard ( All women shortlist ??? ) or not in our shake it all about

I'd sooner be arrested than call myself a Tory.

It sounds like a cock and ball story to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    You may be in luck and your wish can become true by misgendering someone after the next General Election!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It sounds like a cock and ball story to me.
    Apologies for the typo autocorrect.

Don't vote for Sir Kier then

There is clearly an argument raging in political and social organisations (especially LGBT and women's organisations) about trans rights - but to hang it on to a non-existent 'problem' about all women shortlists is a double stretch. It also seems unlikely that Eddie Izzard (or Paul Mason) will get the Sheffield Central nomination if local Labour members are allowed to make the choice.

https://www.sheffieldtribune.co.uk/p...m_medium=email

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Don't vote for Sir Kier then
    I'm no longer a member of any political party and prefer direct activism. I'm sure the Labour Knight would enjoy seeing me locked up.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    There is clearly an argument raging in political and social organisations (especially LGBT and women's organisations) about trans rights - but to hang it on to a non-existent 'problem' about all women shortlists is a double stretch. It also seems unlikely that Eddie Izzard (or Paul Mason) will get the Sheffield Central nomination if local Labour members are allowed to make the choice.

Do you think localmembers will want someone else to stand? Thats interesting, I assumed it would be Eddie.

It's a shame in some respects as I have always had a lot of time for Eddie Izzard and find them quite an engaging and open minded kinda person. They would do well in parliament.

Personally, I'm opposed to all women shortlists on principle and you can see how this kind of thing does muddy the waters. It would be a push to include Eddie Izzard on an all womens shortlist for many people

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    You may be in luck and your wish can become true by misgendering someone after the next General Election!
    The last time I misgendered someone I had a surprisingly good time nevertheless.

The last time I misgendered someone I had a surprisingly good time nevertheless.
    Thanks, me too. XX

I'm no longer a member of any political party and prefer direct activism. I'm sure the Labour Knight would enjoy seeing me locked up.
    You could be the Guy Fawkes of CCMB

I suppose modern day blind dating can introduce an element of surprise , variation and adventure for the unknown and innocent

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    You could be the Guy Fawkes of CCMB
    I'd prefer Person Fawkes if that's ok?

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post

Paul Mason is a top writer and New Statesman contributing .

Not sure how he'd cope under pressure /scrutiny as an MP that a whole different bag easy to be a critic not so easy to delivery difficult decisions .

If Eddie got it at least he could fall back Into Pantomime

I'd prefer Person Fawkes if that's ok?
    What's wrong with Person Eating Utensil?

https://twitter.com/PoliticoForYou/s...v8Cla8NBA&s=19

SNP whipping folk to support gender rules .. what next hanging

This is what tories care about more than climate change, corruption and plummeting living standards.

Eddie Izzard fails to secure Sheffield Central nomination.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ffield-central

I have seen him about a lot in Sheffield in the past few months. I assume her love affair with the city is now over.