+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Shell Profits

Shell Profits

https://twitter.com/neon_uk/status/1...nXaTNX-QhoJDPA

Shell have doubled their profits in just 3 months to £8.2 billion. The government is saying it has to make difficult choices, but here's a really easy option to help out families who are struggling this winter - a windfall tax on windfall profits.

Re: Shell Profits

But don't worry, the government will give them even more, when they subsidise our fuel bills. So the government will borrow lots of money, to simply give it to the gas suppliers, while they are already making enormous profits. If they are making so much money, then clearly they are charging too much for their product. So insist they cap the price! Simple - no big power bills, and no government borrowing (for that item, anyway). It's so flipping obvious, it's hard to believe why it hasn't happened.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    But don't worry, the government will give them even more, when they subsidise our fuel bills. So the government will borrow lots of money, to simply give it to the gas suppliers, while they are already making enormous profits. If they are making so much money, then clearly they are charging too much for their product. So insist they cap the price! Simple - no big power bills, and no government borrowing (for that item, anyway). It's so flipping obvious, it's hard to believe why it hasn't happened.
    We'll never have a Great Reset if they follow your advice!

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Clearly it’s by design isn’t it ?

I was with one of those smaller independent utility providers that went bust around this time last year and I was told my new provider would be Shell. This was at a time when everyone was being told not to switch providers and, as far as I’m aware, they still are. Therefore it would appear that I’m stuck with Shell for a while yet and it’s a situation I resent (especially when you hear about the profits they’re making) - I’m sure there must be many others in the same position who feel the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I was with one of those smaller independent utility providers that went bust around this time last year and I was told my new provider would be Shell. This was at a time when everyone was being told not to switch providers and, as far as I’m aware, they still are. Therefore it would appear that I’m stuck with Shell for a while yet and it’s a situation I resent (especially when you hear about the profits they’re making) - I’m sure there must be many others in the same position who feel the same way.
    I'm with Shell for energy and for broadband.

Different situation, but I have found them to be reasonable in all honesty and easier to get hold of than many. It would be different if I was forced into it and on a higher tariff or something though

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I'm with Shell for energy and for broadband.

Different situation, but I have found them to be reasonable in all honesty and easier to get hold of than many. It would be different if I was forced into it and on a higher tariff or something though
    I’ve found them hard to contact and they’ve made a mess my direct debit, so I have to their app and pay with one of my cards every month. That’s worked to my advantage though because I’ve been able to build up a nice little surplus for the winter months.