+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 2 WATFORD. Match thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: FT: CARDIFF CITY 1 - 2 WATFORD. Match thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    I thought some fans would enjoy that.

Ive said that side and manager probably did as well or even better than what their ability is.

On the face of it we narrowly lost to a side miles better than us.

Ojo may even have nicked an unlikely draw following a good passage of play.

The sad thing is we now have to try and enjoy giving not Man City or Chelsea a bit of a game but Watford and even worse they ended up doing us on our previous expertise. Set pieces. Bilic was right we were a side there for the taking.

We are just awful throughout the side and its depressing that stringing a few passes together slowly and without purpose is now seen as entertainment.

I was talking to someone down there a couple of games ago and he said I come here to see goals. Thats my entertainment.

Its all well and good trying to pass but our lot are nowhere near good enough trying to pass our way from the back and through sides to create chances.

We are not a couple of players short we are miles off.

We need new players. I thought last night was as good a team we could select. Sadly they are not good enough.

We need a huge clearout again.
    Another top post. We’re also becoming a fan base who’re constantly whinging about the referees (looking for others to blame e.g Warnock…we’ve had Harris, Mad Mick, Morison and now Hudson since Warnock left..Harris even got us to the playoffs ffs).and we’re supposedly a couple of players short of playoff form!

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Another top post. We’re also becoming a fan base who’re constantly whinging about the referees (looking for others to blame e.g Warnock…we’ve had Harris, Mad Mick, Morison and now Hudson since Warnock left..Harris even got us to the playoffs ffs).and we’re supposedly a couple of players short of playoff form!
    Warnock , Harris and even the first bit of Mick's time here we had the benefit of parachute payments, Morison and Hudson we have not, it is a completely different prospect to get to the playoffs without them.
    if you're getting parachute payments then you SHOULD be getting in the playoffs as a minimum, probably challenging for automatic, you are getting £50million more than other teams in the same division - imagine bolstering this squad with £50 million worth of players in a few key positions?
    we wasted all thatoney and now we are competing for scraps with the other 3/4 of the division who don't get the premier League money.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Warnock , Harris and even the first bit of Mick's time here we had the benefit of parachute payments, Morison and Hudson we have not, it is a completely different prospect to get to the playoffs without them.
    if you're getting parachute payments then you SHOULD be getting in the playoffs as a minimum, probably challenging for automatic, you are getting £50million more than other teams in the same division - imagine bolstering this squad with £50 million worth of players in a few key positions?
    we wasted all thatoney and now we are competing for scraps with the other 3/4 of the division who don't get the premier League money.
    I understand all this and I’m not daft enough to think we are Playoff calibre. But where I don’t agree is that Morison and now probably Hudson should be exempt from any f*kn criticism either. Nor the players. I think there are way too many excuses made for some pretty dire pro football.