+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Matt Hancock suspended by Conservatives.

Matt Hancock suspended by Conservatives.

For agreeing to be one of the contestants in I’m a celebrity - how the mighty are fallen.

He probably knew the way things were after Sunak ignored him after he was confirmed as PM.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-63471923

Re: Matt Hancock suspended by Conservatives.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    For agreeing to be one of the contestants in I’m a celebrity - how the mighty are fallen.

He probably knew the way things were after Sunak ignored him after he was confirmed as PM.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-63471923
    Did they suspend Nadine Dorries when she did it? Was Parliament sitting back then? Are MPs only 'at work' when the Commons is open?

If the trigger is an MP taking a fee from a third party and being absent from Parliament when it is sitting there must be hundreds of suspensions on the way.

I'm not objecting. Suspend them all!

Just checked and Dorries did have the Tory whip suspended for a while. Did her no harm.

I'm a Tory get me out of here.

Foolish decision by him. Time to keep his head down and do his job.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Foolish decision by him. Time to keep his head down and do his job.
    He's got a book to sell!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Just checked and Dorries did have the Tory whip suspended for a while. Did her no harm.
    She was given a second chance.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    She was given a second chance.
    She curried favour with the right people: right being the operative word.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    He's got a book to sell!
    Beggars belief, but I suppose there are those who will watch Hancock on I'm a celeb and then rush out and buy his book. Incredible.

Matt Hancock's local Conservative Association is unimpressed. Andy Drummond, deputy chairman (political) of West Suffolk Conservative Association, told @PA: "I’m looking forward to him eating a kangaroo’s penis. Quote me. You can quote me that.”

SNP’s Pete Wishart MP: "It speaks volumes that Matt Hancockwould rather be stranded in a remote jungle eating kangaroo testicles than spend a moment longer on the Tory benches at Westminster, as Rishi Sunak’s government lurches from one crisis to another."

Greens' Caroline Lucas MP: "Great to know that Matt Hancock has worked out a way to represent his constituents from the jungle... otherwise I'm assuming he'll be returning his MP's salary?"

Labour's Andrew Gwynne MP: "To be fair to Matt Hancock, I’d sooner eat Wallaby **** than be a Tory MP too."

Labour's Justin Madders MP: "From Geoffrey Cox and Boris Johnson spending weeks in the Caribbean when they should have been in Parliament, to Matt Hancock deciding he can become a "celebrity", it seems Tory MPs consider representing their constituents to be an inconvenience at best."

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    I'm a Tory get me out of here.
    Witty

He's going to be very Alan Partridge.

I will miss him

Regarding the bush tucker trial: On the one hand you have a distasteful and disgusting creature and on the other hand you have.....

..... a witchetty grub.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Regarding the bush tucker trial: On the one hand you have a distasteful and disgusting creature and on the other hand you have.....

..... a witchetty grub.
    What a plonker!

He's going be eating wombat willy for three weeks if he lasts, and doing every other challenge under the Sun, if he thinks he's popular, he's in for a big surprise!

Olivia Atwood could make it worth a watch too!

Hancock must be banking on the 'good sport' angle with I'm A Celeb. A nice redemptive arc. Get voted to do tasks again & again, thereby becoming the focus of attention, and folk at home say "Fair play, my nan's dead but he was trapped in a box with scorpions and got three stars"

They should isolate him in the jungle, limit his toilet paper supply and only let him out for an hours exercise a day, whilst forcing him to watch on as others bring in suitcases full of wine having a bloody good time.