My sister who is definitely in the NIMBY brigade has been banging on to me for the last few years to buy an electric car
I actually borrowed hers which she actually leases at the cost of a family mortgage may I add for the weekend just gone
From my own experience and I couldn’t have done anything differently,why anyone would bother buying one is a total mystery.
The biggest negative is pulling into the services with your range showing 30 miles and there’s only two charging points
Both are in use and there’s two cars waiting in front of you
To top it off you’re only allowed a two hour stay or get a parking eye fine - madness!!
A run to the same destination in my diesel would normally take two and a half hours
It took just over six hours and a load of STRESS plus I’m waiting for my sister to pull me on her having received a fine
The other irritation is pulling into a garage and the charging point is out of order which happened twice plus not knowing exactly how much the charge has cost you because you need to retrieve information from the app
The other annoyance were pedestrians walking into the road - I’m not blaming them because you cannot hear any engine noise
The car was beautiful and great to drive an experience I’m glad I had
But buy one?
Not a chance
Actually doing a bit of google research if you are one of those “keep your carbon footprint down and all that” to manufacture an EV. Is worse environmentally.
I’m sure she said she’s paying £1100 a month on a two year lease
I think sitting on top of a battery has done some damage to her brain lol 😂
Definitely a NO from me for Electric being the thing of the future 🤔😂